New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Re: Silver/Wyoming  (Read 3293 times)

Offline jiginjumbos

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Silver/Wyoming
« Reply #30 on: Dec 23, 2008, 06:07 PM »
there talking 1/2" of rain on wed. with 60 mph gust. and rain on sat.50 deg.
THINK COLD WEATHER AND COLD BEER.........

Offline pikenforcer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • To fish or not to fish, that is the question!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2008, 09:05 PM »
I'm not sure what PRHP's problem is with ice and ice fishermen. Every time I hear about an access problem with a state facility its always a Parks and Rec Facility. DEC doesn't have a problem but P&R seems really paranoid.
This is the third incident with P&R THAT I KNOW OF!
Park Police ticketing ATV's on Saratoga Lake
Park Police ticketing Ice Fishermen on Moreau Lake
Now This.
What is their problem???

The problem is those dam park police want to be game wardens. They should leave game warden work to the game wardens and go run radar somewhere. Talk about clueless.  >:(

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:45 AM »
On the Small Boat Harbor in Buffalo I was checked by State Troopers more than Game Wardens the last two years.

Offline drenalin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 24, 2008, 06:59 PM »
I have moved the barricades enough to get thru and plowed the whole thing this afternoon clear to the ramp. Just be careful and make sure your vehicle is good in snow as it is all ice under that snow. While I was plowing there was two guys out there fishing. 1 was in a shack & the other was on a pail over by Macks. It looked as if they were"t too far out, maybe the ice was getting thinner. OK boys, ya can get to the bottom now, good fishing!

Sagebrush
Thank you Sagebrush and Merry Christmas

Offline solgrande

• IceShanty Rookie
  • waneta L NY-42"
« Reply #34 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Thanks sagebrush,i may head down over the weekend just to check out ice conditions.Any chance you can head up our parks ?Happy holidays to all.Be safe!
Bob

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 25, 2008, 07:54 AM »
Is it possible "disgruntled laid off employees" would do this? They and you are taking the hit for the Wall Street shenanigans. Still it is a public property to be used as a park and unless there is a major liability problem, it should be left open to the public. It is our property, not some state employees personal fiefdom.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline Boston Tangler

• NoReportPost
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 26, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Is it possible "disgruntled laid off employees" would do this? They and you are taking the hit for the Wall Street shenanigans. Still it is a public property to be used as a park and unless there is a major liability problem, it should be left open to the public. It is our property, not some state employees personal fiefdom.
Well said Jimski2. Now if hunters could only get access to County property that is open to every other outdoor sportsman. There are huge tracts of County property that I pay for one way or the other and can't use. There's definitely something wrong with the system.
Beer...the cause and cure of most of life's problems...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.