New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Silver Lake  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
Silver Lake
« on: Jan 09, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Hey was wondering if anyone could fill me in on where to go for crappie out there. 

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Re: Silver Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Oh boy was that a loaded question !  ;D

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:34 AM »
Straight out from Macs in 25/30 fow

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Look at the species, deep water suspension late in the year, find deep water!!!
If you can pin point a steady carppie bite there GOD BLESS!!!
Hard enough to get those ringbacks cooperating@!@$
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:57 PM »
concusion grenades work well there also. ;) from what i have heard. start out in front of macs and work your way from there. the only way to find them is to search for them.this lake will beat up on the best of them if you don't do your home work . many have tried and they are still trying. im one of them. some day i will have it figured out. good luck

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:05 PM »
That last moved paid off Worm!
Like your humble approach!
Whats the ice doing your way?? Have a holiday this mon.  think I'll be playing golf or fishing alma???? Let me know what up for this weekend?
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Thanks for the info.  it will come in handy, hopefully some of the ice survives the weekend not sounding good.  Might as well get the boat back out.

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:47 PM »
That last moved paid off Worm!
Like your humble approach!
Whats the ice doing your way?? Have a holiday this mon.  think I'll be playing golf or fishing alma???? Let me know what up for this weekend?
yes it did. thanks for picking out the spot and drilling the holes. hookedonice appreciates it as well. and buy the way. they tasted awsome ;D i'll pm you about this w/e.

hali-man

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:14 PM »
this lake will beat up on the best of them if you don't do your home work . many have tried and they are still trying. im one of them. some day i will have it figured out.

I thought you were afraid of her now, B.  ???

Irrgang- All I can tell you is that I've heard the crappie are schooling with the perch.
Come ice-out I might be able to help you a little more.  ;)  :cookoo:

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Last year, I located the legal crappies just off weed edges in depths ranging from 12-18 feet of water.  This year, I have been unable to ice a single crappie, so it's pretty safe to say that they have not moved into the "shallows".  The weed edge got pretty deep this year on Silver due to unusually clear water the whole summer (zebra mussels are starting to invade the lake), so the deeper waters are probably where they are (per everyones posting).

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Right on Hali. Sunday we caught one in 32 FOW when checking the second hole we drilled. Set up on that spot and on and off during the day we saw a few on the AV at 32' swimming with the perch. They were no more intrested than the perch either.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Who knows when I'll be able to use your help with the warm up coming.  I love crappie fishing saw some places that look like they'll be good after ice out, but i would like to catch some through the ice.  Being originally from PA most of the ice fishing I have done has been for trout.  So i'm still learning how to fish in 30' of water with a tiny little jig.  Thanks again hope to see some of you there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.