New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: walleye tournament cheater caught  (Read 3298 times)

Offline lakeview

• IceShanty Rookie
walleye tournament cheater caught
« on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:34 PM »
i don't post much to this site but after having this happen to me i thought I'd share it with everyone else. first i would like to thank everyone involved in the tournament this yr. they make it a good time for all of us sportsmen out there. i know some people where upset about not getting the $$ at lanzi's the day of the tournament but here is what happened to me.
i went to the Fulton county chamber to get my 2ND place $$ for the 7Th hr. of the day and to my surprise they informed me that i was now the 1st place winner. the person that entered a 4.20 eye that 7Th hr. was caught cheating, i was informed that the fish was caught the day before and then entered. this person was told if he wanted the $$ he would need to summit to a lie detector. this person refused. this person also won $$ the last 2 yrs. and another local tournament on the lake and was being watched. i said that, he must be one lucky guy to be able to catch all the big ones on the day of tournaments. i was told that he is no longer allowed to enter the walleye challenge or the local tournaments.
the point is that if you spend all that time on cheating at a tournament for a few $$ you are an idiot. thank you to whom ever turned him in and thank you to the Fulton county chamber and Lou and Nancy and everyone for all the hard work you do every yr. in closing I'm not stupid i know that cheating goes on in some tournaments but we sportsmen will not tolerate cheating . it's not about the $$ it's about the sport, the thrill, the hunt... thanks good luck and god bless.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: walleye tournament cheater caught
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:37 PM »
well congrats to you!! any idea who the person was? must have been a local. there is always that one out there.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:37 PM »
Well it appears that for some, it was about the money.

Congrats on your first place finish!  ;D

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:40 PM »
im glad they caught the guy. it takes a low
life to pull that kind of crap. i hope none of that happens this weekend at the northern challenge.

Offline Bjigging

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:42 PM »
and thats why i dont fish tourneys always someone gots to cheats.. >:( >:(  congrats for you tho $$$ ;D

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Its good that they caught him, if people continue to cheet the lie detector may be a good way to go. :clap: :thumbsup: But it was not good the did not have the cash ready? ???

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:48 PM »
got to thinking today that the walleye challenge would actually be a challenge if the 1500 entries ALL fished. i know of alot of people that just spend the $$ for the chance at the machines. to each there own but i wouldn't mind seeing a shot gun start, everybody get to the lake a 6am, have 4-5 different checkpoints or entry locations. everybody checks in and your off. that way there aren't guys on the ice over night sneeking one in early.  i think the northern challenge is well watched and everybody sees whats going on. i have hole drilled and soundes before 7 but my bait doesn't go in the water till 7AM!

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:51 PM »
has happened for years on the lake  not so much anymore the colors used to give it away they used to get them out of the mohawk transport and take the money technology has saved a lot of money paid to cheaters of yesteryear congrats on a hard earned prize from a hard lake to catch they dont call it the dead sea for nothing !!!

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:53 PM »
lou has had run-ins with guys during his weekend tourney in march before too.

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2012, 07:59 PM »
thats why i dont go but thinking of trying it again it used to be fun just disappointing when the same people win year after yearanytime there is money someone will cheat the bigger the more they try

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Congratulations on the win. You deserve it. Some people are pathetic when it comes to tourney fishing.
It'll eat.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:05 PM »
stringer let me know if you wanna fish the weekender. i usually fish fri afternoon and the all day sunday. let me know

Offline cooper2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:29 PM »
congrats
It is unfortunate that when money of ANY kind is involved,some people will stoop to anything to try and win it.

Offline Fatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:03 PM »
I hope someone post his name on here or in the local paper. 

Offline wetsleeves

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:05 PM »
amazing.... glad things were made right for you

please if you know or find out post the losers name here for public record

Offline Icedog40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:16 PM »
Not cool

Offline matthewwood25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2012, 11:16 PM »
about time they catch some people cheating so there not back in it again and there reputations are banished forever its no good for these hard working fisherman trying to teach there kids the right way not the wrong way.

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #17 on: Jan 31, 2012, 12:56 AM »
 Good deal  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:..... Glad the DIRTBAG got caught ......  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2012, 02:49 AM »
Congrats. on your win and his getting caught. I gave up on tournament fishing a long time ago because of all the cheaters. If it involves money, you can bet the farm someone is going to cheat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:53 AM »
this  is  a  100%  true  story  best part i had  to prove   someone  honestlt  beat me!    few  years  back  the  eslo  had  a  walleye  divison  and  the  rules  stated  you  could  fish  after  mid !  ...i was  entered and fishing oswego !  another person was there also  entered !  this person i will not name on the internet  but won the  eslo  salmon divison a few years back winning the grady white and cash .....

anyways  i hookedup  and he netted  my fish and in true sportsmen style  witnessed my catch ,putting me in 1st place

he  in turn  catches a  fish i net  and he is  now in first ...fair and square!

when we go to the  rewards  diner  he fails  the  polygraph  .....which would  have  put me  back in 1st  place!  of  course  i took a  polygraph  and  in truth this  gentleman won !!!! (i  gladly  told  the  truth  and  he  regained  1st place) now  that polygraoh would  have stained  this  sportsmans  honour!  so i  can't  say if  this guy your talking about is a  cheat or  not ,  i know  this  other gentleman (whom i  did not know  perior)  wasn't  a cheat  at  all he  was simply  excited  ...... every  year  we  have  threads  about  cheats ....  i  think  there  in poor  taste  and  you  very  well  could  be  tarnishing  someones  rep  that is  honest  ......

PS  my  second  place  walleye  was  12  pounds  and  7  oz  and  was  caught   in  front  of  harrys  bait  (old  city hall)  in  oswego  off  the  wall!!!!   ;D

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:03 AM »
i am not a fan of cheaters at all.  I honestly think I got cheated out of a small derby last year.  but still took 3rd and had a very good time at the weigh in at the bar with fellow fishing friends.   thats the fun part there only 10.00 derbys.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:09 AM »
if  ya  had  fun  ya  won! 

Offline beanhillbuckhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:17 AM »
That's great!  Glad they nailed some dirt bag.  The more cheaters they nail, the more likely others will think twice before cheating and the better odds the rest of us have at legit winning.  My buddy took first place first hour, watched him pull it thru the ice and it feels even better knowing he beat out some dishonest folk at that.   It was a great day though regardless and fun for all...and one day, my boots will be dry haha

Offline capthook88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:39 AM »
 :thumbsup: Congrats to you! Thank you to the person that turned the cheater in !! Its not all about the money, its about the people and the friendships.  :bow: :clap: :icefish:
I have never been lost, just a bit confused for a few days !
" TEAM CAPTHOOKS "
 CAPTHOOK88/GREG

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:12 AM »
got to thinking today that the walleye challenge would actually be a challenge if the 1500 entries ALL fished. i know of alot of people that just spend the $$ for the chance at the machines. to each there own but i wouldn't mind seeing a shot gun start, everybody get to the lake a 6am, have 4-5 different checkpoints or entry locations. everybody checks in and your off. that way there aren't guys on the ice over night sneeking one in early.  i think the northern challenge is well watched and everybody sees whats going on. i have hole drilled and soundes before 7 but my bait doesn't go in the water till 7AM!
Ive watched some tournaments on tv and they do all start and all the gear is checked by people before they go out on the ice. My take on this is if thier going to cheat no matter what u do, its just afact that some people just miss the point of the whole thing my 02

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Being local I would love to know who this supposed outdoors-man is. This is someone I would like to avoid like the plague. Not to mention the fact that if the person will cheat at a contest he undoubtedly will cheat the fishing and hunting laws too. There should be wanted posters put out for people like that so we can get the info to our ECO's via 1-800-TIPP DEC (1-800-847-7332) or http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/393.html

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:44 AM »
again i  have  NOTHING  to  do  with  this  contest  nor  the  people  ....  but  a  polygraph  is  not  evidance  of  anything  and  refusing  one  isn't  either  ... not  saying  he  did   not  saying  he  didn't  ...hoping  it's  all  a  mistake , what  makes  me feel  bad  the  first post  said  he  doesn't  come  on  this  site  much  nor  post  much  yet he  has  to  dumb  this  here? not  for  nothing  but  i  rather here  something positive !!!! and  not  a witch hunt  ....LETS  GET POSITIVE!!!!!!!

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:48 AM »
yeah without a name to go with this story its starting to become on of those there dead horse issues.

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2012, 08:49 AM »
the tournament officials did the right thing in my book.....

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:47 AM »
come on guys you cant close your eyes to a post like this! this stuff is real! the more it gets out the better! not being negative its being informative!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.