New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: i got some new jigs. i just want some opinions on them.  (Read 3299 times)

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ok so i got some new jigs from gander mountain yesterday. i just wanna know if any one has used them and could let me know if there as good as i hear they are? i got diamond jigs. 2 in black, and 2 in fire tiger. I got 2 gill getters, in fire ant color. And i got gill pills. 2 in fire tiger. and 2 in pink. thats the only colors they had for the gill pill. k so just let me know if there any good. thanks. oh and i got mousies!

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: i got some new jigs. i just want some opinions on them.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Ok so i got some new jigs from gander mountain yesterday. i just wanna know if any one has used them and could let me know if there as good as i hear they are? i got diamond jigs. 2 in black, and 2 in fire tiger. I got 2 gill getters, in fire ant color. And i got gill pills. 2 in fire tiger. and 2 in pink. thats the only colors they had for the gill pill. k so just let me know if there any good. thanks. oh and i got mousies!
Save your money and check these guys out for jigs. There nicely priced and good quality http://www.jamminjigs.com/

Offline jeffd7766

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2010, 04:47 PM »
not a bad choice of jigs at all, some of my personal favorites that you mentioned

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2010, 05:18 PM »
Save your money and check these guys out for jigs. There nicely priced and good quality http://www.jamminjigs.com/
DUDE, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!! I GUESS THATS WHY WE SLAP EM'!!!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2010, 05:51 PM »
Diamond jigs are my 2nd favorite jigs for perch and crappie. (My favorites are Fiskas Wolfram (Tungsten) jigs).  I like the hot pink color for perch.  I tip them with either a duppy or a powerbait spike, wacky rigged...deadly.  The other guys choices are great too.  My favorite Jammin Jig is the Neon Glow Ant.  It's great for a vertical presentation.  As for the Pills, I just picked some up myself, but haven't tried them yet.  I'm sure they'll work just fine!!!

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2010, 06:17 PM »
Diamond jigs are my 2nd favorite jigs for perch and crappie. (My favorites are Fiskas Wolfram (Tungsten) jigs).  I like the hot pink color for perch.  I tip them with either a duppy or a powerbait spike, wacky rigged...deadly.  The other guys choices are great too.  My favorite Jammin Jig is the Neon Glow Ant.  It's great for a vertical presentation.  As for the Pills, I just picked some up myself, but haven't tried them yet.  I'm sure they'll work just fine!!!
sweet. ive heard about the fiscas things. i might have to check one out. hey what size gill pill did u get? unfortunetly i forgot what size i got. but its tiiiny. im actually kinda worried that its too small. but well see.

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:12 PM »
DUDE, GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!! I GUESS THATS WHY WE SLAP EM'!!!
;) :flex: :flex: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: You know it

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2010, 02:37 PM »

Gill Getter (Northland), Gill Pills + Diamond Jigs (Custom Jigs + Spins) are some of my favorite jigs.  I also recommend the Fiskas tungsten jigs as well.  The smaller the better for me ... mostly size 14-12 (3-4mm for fiskas) since I fish 5-14 fow 90% of the time.

One other thing- the hooks break easily on the diamond jigs, gill pills, gill getters, and even the tungsten jigs, so use caution when removing hooks from the fish, but I've found all small jigs have sharp but fragile hooks.   The Fiskas jigs seem less likely to rust though as I believe they are coated in silver.  Wish someone made small panfish jigs with Owner hooks, but none that I'm aware of, most are Mustad or Eagle Claw hooks.

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Gill Getter (Northland), Gill Pills + Diamond Jigs (Custom Jigs + Spins) are some of my favorite jigs.  I also recommend the Fiskas tungsten jigs as well.  The smaller the better for me ... mostly size 14-12 (3-4mm for fiskas) since I fish 5-14 fow 90% of the time.

One other thing- the hooks break easily on the diamond jigs, gill pills, gill getters, and even the tungsten jigs, so use caution when removing hooks from the fish, but I've found all small jigs have sharp but fragile hooks.   The Fiskas jigs seem less likely to rust though as I believe they are coated in silver.  Wish someone made small panfish jigs with Owner hooks, but none that I'm aware of, most are Mustad or Eagle Claw hooks.
thanks for the info sullymon. yeah the hooks do look really thin. ive been hearing alot about the Fiskas jigs. i really gotta try to get a few. thanks again.

Offline PERCHKILLER30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2010, 05:24 PM »
the diamond in perch and fire tiger are some of my favs always get fish on em
case lake tourney 5th in trout 2009- cuba lake 2005 biggest perch harwood lake tourney 2nd in crappie 2010

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2010, 08:12 PM »
the diamond in perch and fire tiger are some of my favs always get fish on em
whats your favorite bait for the diamonds? i have mousies.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2010, 01:11 AM »
caty jigs! and my own jigs  i love the catys in the nitro glow

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2010, 01:31 AM »
1st time ive used the fiskas this year and ive had great success on them for perch and even landeded a few trout on them
ice fishing for life

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2010, 12:58 PM »
caty jigs! and my own jigs  i love the catys in the nitro glow
You make your own. thats awesome.

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:39 PM »
real good choices

Offline ICEano

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • work to live, live to fish
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:11 AM »
You make your own. thats awesome.
i also "make" my own..small jigs painted with clear gloss and green and gold glitter....real perch getters! :tipup:

Offline The River Rat

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:43 PM »
You give me a stop and go nitro glow Caty jig and ill SLAP YOU, AND HIM AND ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! You can keep the rest
Matt and Mandy, owners of th American Dream.

Offline CrappieAssasin42

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:54 PM »
You give me a stop and go nitro glow Caty jig and ill SLAP YOU, AND HIM AND ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! You can keep the rest

There it is! The secret word, SLAP,SLAPPIN,SLAPPED! Im glad to see that your puttin it to good use! Fish on brother! I'll probably be stoppin in this weekend to see you! Until then have a good one!
Crappies beware!!! The CrappieAssasin is on the prowl!!!

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:15 PM »

Just who exactly are you slapping? Who is "You him and all them"

Offline greenhorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Small marmushkas .not sure if i spelled it right. very good on gills.and perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.