New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lifetime license  (Read 3321 times)

Offline demon

• IceShanty Rookie
Lifetime license
« on: Sep 23, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Hey, I just bought my lifetime license today. Just a reminder that they increase $ on Oct 1st. The sportsman license increases from $600 to $760.  Who knows where the state is headed, if you can scrape up the money its a good deal. If your between 65 and 70 get out there today you can get a sportsmans for I think $50 after Oct 1st. it will be $760 because they are changing the age for senior licenses to 70.

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lifetime license
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I picked mine up too, an early x-mas present from my wife. Acutally prices are going up over the next 3 years so skip the new toys and get it, especially if you have kids it will pay for itself in the long run. Pretty soon hunting and fishing will be a rich mans' sport. Remember you only have till sept.30 to pay the old prices.

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If It Smells Good---> EAT IT !! !!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2009, 06:12 AM »
Got mine!!!   Dont regret it at all...it will pay for itself soon while fees continue to rise.

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Just bought a lifetime license for myself and my son. I may be wrong but I thought they were going up to $800, not $760.

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2009, 10:14 PM »
I stand corrected, just checked the DEC web-site. Going up to $765.  My mistake  :bow:

Offline Superpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2009, 06:41 AM »
If you add in the new DMP application fee ($10) it makes even more sense, $98 per year for Supersportsman w/ DMP.  Paid $801 for Lifetime sportsman, Muzzle and 1 year bow.  If I could spare the extra $180 for Bow I would have but it will have to wait.  Have heard the sales of lifetime licenses are through the roof and could affect the Conservation Fund negatively.  Apparently lifetime license fees are placed in a sort of escrow account and only the interest from those fees are put into the fund (pretty sure interest rates are in the crapper right now).   

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2009, 08:29 PM »
It makes good financial sense to buy the lifetime now and avoid the hikes in prices. I bought my lifetime sportsman and I bought one for my baby. Even if she only fishes it will still pay off.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2009, 08:20 PM »
I bought a lifetime Sportsmans  for my son this summer just before he turned 5. I paid $ 300 for it. I thought about getting one for myself, but always put it off. I am 44 now, so I may just forget about it and continue to pay every year.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 29, 2009, 08:27 PM »
dfuller,   I'm 46 and bought it. If you can swing the cash, It's a good investment.

Offline 33Canuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:50 AM »
Picked mine up this year as well, can't with to reap the rewards in 8 years
The Green Hornet Does it again!
[img width=174 height=80]

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Sep 30, 2009, 10:27 AM »
I got a lifetime sportsman with bow last night. 780$'s.. :o :o
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2009, 02:15 PM »
LESS THAN 9HOURS left !!!!!If you are even thinking about it but not sure then DO IT!!  Licenses and fees are going to continue to rise and I'd bet a paycheck that they go up again within 5 years.  Bite the bullet and just do it..people are saying it will pay for itself in 8-9 years...i'll bet ya its sooner than that!!!!!!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Sep 30, 2009, 06:02 PM »
At 60, it doesn't really pay for me to buy one until I reach 70. It's almost a wash.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2009, 06:13 AM »
At 60, it doesn't really pay for me to buy one until I reach 70. It's almost a wash.
RG
I agree with that RG...and the new age requirements for a senior license is probably what P's me off the most.  The 60's crowd are well deserving of the signinficant discount and by 70 a decent number of them may not be in good enough shape to hunt much longer.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2009, 06:41 AM »
dfuller,   I'm 46 and bought it. If you can swing the cash, It's a good investment.

MILLERMAN, I know you're right. I shoulda done it this year. Def. next year. My brother called me last night and informed me that he plunked down $ 1200 for 3 lifetime licenses - he has 2 sons under 5, and he is 43. If he took the dive I can.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Got Ice?

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish, fish to live!! Flag Man!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Got my lifetime sportsman a few years back, but added my muzzleloading tag and bought the lifetime sportsman for my 6 month old before prices went up best $680 I spent in awhile.
In these tough times remember the ones who taught you your skills, give them some of your prize!

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2009, 11:41 AM »
picked up my sons and my lifetime this year. best $900 i could ever spend. i just hope he gets big and stong so he can start carrying all the equipment when we go out. ;D  oh ya, and drag the deer back. ;D

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Oct 06, 2009, 08:27 PM »
virgin exposure today; showed my lifetime license to the DEC officer; and I told him why I bought it(65-70 yrs old). He like it; but he liked more catching two guys with no license fishing near me!How much is that?     :o:) :)

Offline ugp685

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2009, 08:34 PM »
I got mine a couple weeks ago and it is the same paper as the regular license.... how did you get it in a credit card form?  That would be way better to carry around.

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Oct 07, 2009, 09:24 AM »
I want to say once they process it and mail you your tags and such they will send you the hard copy of the license.

Offline NORRM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see fish lurking about the chilly depths!!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 07, 2009, 02:34 PM »
If memory doesn't fail me I believe they said the credit card type was not valid to present as a licence if challenged. You still need to carry the tough paper copy. That is your licence and the card is what they said like a sovienier copy showing lifetime licence status. The only reason i can think of for this, is that when you run into one of our fine law enforcing tax collectors BLAH!! and the charge they are going to get you for, if its bad enough to take your licence for a year they're not coming to you to get the card. They just won't send you your new one next year. Oh yeah, tags too.
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his shanty all day and drink BEER!!

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2009, 08:49 PM »
 ??? ???I got checked again today and showed the lifetime license I got in the mail back in May . The DEC guy said that license had expired and that I should have received a new one before Oct.1. He said he could give me a ticket but said the state was behind in sending out lifetime renewals so he let me go! The license says lifetime on it but it also lists an experation date of Sept.30,2009. HE pointed that out to me. Can you believe it?  The previous DEC guy never mentioned it!

Offline NORRM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see fish lurking about the chilly depths!!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Jon,When I said paper copy, that is the one colored tag copy that comes with your tags. It states what licence you hold and has a price to the far right $0.00
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day
Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in his shanty all day and drink BEER!!

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2009, 07:16 PM »
I'm glad  I'm not the only one confused, I  will be calling on Tuesday to see what's up with the lifetime renewals.

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #24 on: Oct 12, 2009, 09:04 PM »
I'm glad  I'm not the only one confused, I  will be calling on Tuesday to see what's up with the lifetime renewals.

I received my green "panel" in the mail the other day and it said lifetime license, with a cost of $0.00.   The accompanying letter said each year the new license will automatically be mailed a couple months ahead of time.

Mine now says valid from 10/1/2009 thru 9/30/2010
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2009, 06:38 AM »
Am i the only one that does not have this credit card everyone is talking about?  I have received the new green panels in the mail for license year 09-10 to take the place of the 08-09 panel that came with it when i purchased it in early september.

Offline rlowery

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2009, 11:50 AM »
I got my lifetime sportsman plus bowhunting before it went up for birthday/graduation. When the tags were sent i just got the green paper, no 'credit card' type anything. Ur not alone fingerlaker.
"Don't take any wooden nickels"
Oswego,NY  CU Alum ~Go Golden Knights~

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2009, 01:48 PM »
mine is sportsman and bowhunting....no "credit card" as of yet

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2009, 08:03 PM »
I ONLY have the fishing license, I don't have a combo or anything.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

I only have the fishing as well, but no credit card style thing.  Just the green panel for me.   Maybe it will come later?
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2009, 09:57 PM »
Got my renewal lifetime license in the mail today good for this years fishing. I also had to sign an enclosure statement stating I have received a duplicate license. (obviously to replace  the one that was lost in the mail). They did not charge me for the duplicate but it does say $5.00 on the renewal license. It is no different then others of the past but this one is green.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.