Author Topic: What are you jealous of?  (Read 2573 times)

Offline flit

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What are you jealous of?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2017, 11:02 AM »
I'm jealous of anybody who doesn't have to explain ice fishing purchases to their wife. "You have an auger that works, why do you need that electric drill thingy?". "You had an '81 Arctic Cat, why do you need an ATV with tank tracks?"

Me too I guess same feeling !!!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2017, 11:18 AM »
I am jealous of those who don't have the ice fishing addition.

I don't get this one!  ??? ??? ???
Where's the FISH?!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Just hide the stuff in the garage, then if she finally sees it say "That old thing I have had that for years" Works sometimes lol

You should see my office right now. My boss keep asking when I'm heading up north next to dump off all the crap I got.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2017, 09:27 AM »
I live in NY and we have alot of lakes lots of great places in the adirondacks. and i get out alot . but one thing that I'm jealous of are the people that live right on the water. the ones that can watch tipups from the comfort of there house. get a flag jump on a sled go tend to the tipup and go back to the comfort of there home. Lucky S.O.B's

The funny thing about that is most people that live on the lakes don't fish or not much. At least that is true around here.

My theory is those that can afford a place on the lake have a higher income level and probably would rather play golf. People with higher income levels like doctors, lawyers, CEO's, business owners and other professionals are too buy making money to waste time fishing. There are exceptions of course. And it they do go fishing it's a trip to an expensive resort.

When is the last time you ran into a lawyer or doctor on the lake? How many of your fishing pals are doctors or lawyers?

The hilarious part of all this is the lake people that bring me fish to mount. They fish so little their fishing skills are very modest and the fish they think are big enough to mount the rest of us throw back. I've done numerous 14 inch bass for these lake people. Barely legal.

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Chute82

« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2017, 01:32 PM »
Every state around me can hunt on Sunday but good old PA still can’t hunt on a Sunday...thx Obama

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 02, 2017, 11:44 PM »
Trustfunders

I know that’s a joke but speak for yourself....  There’s no way I’ll ever be jealous of an entitled brat who was given everything. I have good equipment now but still fondly remember the days of cutting holes with a dull axe, cobbling together homemade tip ups, ripping yardsticks down to a 1/4” inch and duct taping line on them so I had rods to use. It makes me appreciate the sport so much more than someone give them everything.

Offline Fish Butcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2017, 07:57 AM »
I envy the experienced ice fisherman here. There's no way to get that experience except years of thinking and doing. The obvious depth of knowledge that oozes out in their detailed and matter-of-fact manner by some of the oldtimers is something to envy. In the meantime we newer guys blunder along trying to fine tune things and try to pick up some nuggets along the way.
To become experienced, one must blunder. And even the experienced still blunder. Probably mostly trying out a new idea.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2017, 08:47 AM »
What am I jealous of? Guys with TRUCKS! Then I wouldn’t have to worry about fitting my Clam and all my gear into my SUBARU!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2017, 03:26 PM »
What am I jealous of? Guys with TRUCKS! Then I wouldn’t have to worry about fitting my Clam and all my gear into my SUBARU!  ::)

I was sad because I didn't have a truck until I knew a man that didn't have a vehicle! ;D

I am one! I work at home so don't need to drive to work. To cheap to buy a car or truck. If I need to go somewhere I use the wife's SUV after she comes home from work or I take her into work and pick her up.

She's retiring after this year so I will have a vehicle here all day.

I am so glad I didn't marry a materialistic woman. We would not be compatible. It doesn't take much for me to be happy..
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.