Author Topic: Your favorite walleye tipup rig?  (Read 573 times)

Offline asches

• IceShanty Rookie
Your favorite walleye tipup rig?
« on: Dec 27, 2014, 08:17 AM »
I am going out tonight to try and get a few walleyes. I am planning on making some rigs with about 2' of 10lb fluorocarbon line and a #10 treble hook. What do you guys use? 

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Your favorite walleye tipup rig?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2014, 08:24 AM »
That will work perfect. I have to use a ton of weight cause of the heavy current where I'm usually walleye fishing. I use about 2-3ft of fire line crystal 6lb micro braid (1lb diameter), and a #10-#12 treble. Above the leader I have a 3/4oz bullet weight, a split shot, one heavy split shot high on the leader, and a smaller split shot mid way down. Without this, my line would be straight off to the side.

Offline VTWoodchuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2014, 08:37 AM »
I am going out tonight to try and get a few walleyes. I am planning on making some rigs with about 2' of 10lb fluorocarbon line and a #10 treble hook. What do you guys use?

“Anyone can be a fisherman in May.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline Fishin Friesz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2014, 09:22 AM »
X2 on scrambler1's rig.  I usually rig half with a couple beads or some glow color and with just plain split and small treble. If I see a difference throughout the day I'll switch half over. I always use good flourocarbon leader material.

Offline Raynestorm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2014, 11:57 AM »
Good set up what you plan on using.

I use 8 pound fluoro and have switched to single hooks.  Don't think I will be going back to trebles. 

Some days the beads severely outfish no beads, some days I can only catch them on a tiny single hook with a medium fathead on and no weight on the line.  You have to be prepared and have to make changes to see what you need for the day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.