Author Topic: Your best day on the ice ever?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Re: Your best day on the ice ever?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:28 PM »
I agree!!!

You guys are looking to get out more this year arent you......

I actually agree fishing with the wife does not appen much but when it does it is enjoyable watching here pull the fish in and then rub it in how more she caught then me. 

I am hoping i have more enjoyable trips in the future when my two litle girls are ready to go and i can teach them everything I know.   one is 3 and the other is 16 months. :)

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:30 PM »
My best day out would probably be the i brought 9 tiger musky to the hole and the next would be when my buddies and me out 17 walleye over 22 inches on the ice.  with other let go under 20. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2012, 01:54 PM »
1967., During the NFL Super Bowl.  I was 15 yrs old., no drivers license yet.  Dad dropped me off at the frozen lake (North Reservoir of Portage Lakes: Akron Ohio) and I caught a 5 gallon bucket full of the most beautiful inland Ohio lake fish ever: Gills, Sunfish, Perch Crappie, Largemouth Bass, Pike all in one outing.  My dad was never more prouder of me when he came to pick me up.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline madewitt4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:37 PM »
my best day on the ice was last year in new york drove all the way up there from jersey set all our tipups up without steel leaders because we forgot them at home and must have had every one of our tip ups go off and bite off every single line  >:( but hour before we left i was jigging for perch and pulled in a 34 inch pike on my jigging rod! best day ever  and along with a bunch of perch @)
Fish on!!

Offline percheyes14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:41 PM »
One of my best days was last year getting out at first ice on a creek and pounding some walleye.  All were about an inch or two shy of keepers but they were fun catching.

Offline madewitt4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:18 PM »
One of my best days was last year getting out at first ice on a creek and pounding some walleye.  All were about an inch or two shy of keepers but they were fun catching.

:thumbsup: awesome man
Fish on!!

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:28 PM »
about ten years ago canyon ferry res in Montana...half dozen 22" rainbows of the wild and gamest variety. pulling drag off the jigging rod and sizzeling just under the clear ice. Big rainbows and to this day I haven't seen freshwater fish so strong
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2012, 09:15 PM »
last year. even during our crappy ice season. got out and hammered pickeral on a small pond. only 10-14" but me and one other guy went through 8 doz shiners in only a few hours. there was times where we had all of our tip ups out if the water because we couldnt rebait quick enough
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline madewitt4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO BIG OR GO HOME
« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:06 AM »
last year. even during our crappy ice season. got out and hammered pickeral on a small pond. only 10-14" but me and one other guy went through 8 doz shiners in only a few hours. there was times where we had all of our tip ups out if the water because we couldnt rebait quick enough

sounds like a good day!! ;D
Fish on!!

Offline swisscheez

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • there is no such thing as to many holes:)
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2012, 06:38 AM »
every time i get on fish and get off safe and dry ;)
Feels so nice doing it through the ice

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2012, 09:22 AM »
My best day on the ice was 2 years ago with my father.

It was late February, and we decided one afternoon to head back into the wilds to try our luck on a lake that no one had ever ice fished.

My grandfather had built a camp on the shores of this lake about 40 years ago, and it still stands to this day.

Anyways, my grandfather had always talked about fishing this lake, but as time went on and years went by, he never got the chance.

I really don`t remember who was more excited, me or my father. It was a beautiful afternoon, sun was shining, wind was light and the fishing was red hot. We iced 10 pike in 3 hours. There was a point when I set a trap in a hole, turned around to walk away and heard the flag pop. My father said he`d never experienced pike fishing like that in his life.

When we walked off the ice, we looked at each other, smiled and looked up. I guess we both kind of felt that grandpa was there with us that afternoon.

Offline vtpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2012, 12:22 PM »
My best day fishing is yet to come...

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2012, 07:30 PM »
First best day was 15 Lakers. Second best was 6 salmon and 3 lakers. Third was 50 perch, and 4 lakers. Fourth was 3 lakers and a 42 inch 22 pound pike.
Master Laker taker.

Offline JiggernautI87

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Be safe big water thin ice give no second chances
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Hello all! As we enter further into the ice season, I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we all can share the single best day you've had on the ice. Maybe it as at a shanty get together! For me my best day of fishing was in late march a few years back. All the wheel houses were off the ice so the "good spots" were open. My 2 best friends and I were the only ones on the lake as we went mid-week, and we absolutely pounded the crappies. We all brought home limits. The smallest being 12" and our big was 14.75". No state records but awesome action all day long with my best buds! What was your most memorable day?
My best day ever was on the Tommahanock Res. Pittstown, NY My pal Steve (now deceased) caught a 5 gal pail of huge jack perch and I also caught 2 24" 5 pound walleyes first and last flag of the day...definately one to remember oh yes and you need a permit to fish it it's available at city hall Troy, NY 3.50 A YR and you need your lic.

Offline harrops26

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:14 AM »
My best day was last year with my 6 year old. We had ten tip
Ups set for pike and i had just started teaching him how to set the hook.  I was tending all the flags and at one point I there was 4 flags up at once. I yelled to my boy to go check that flag. I then guided him through the steps while i tended the other flags. He didnt land it but it spooled a good  30' of   line. By the end of the day he landed his first northern.  We spent the majority if the day running around chasing flags. We ended up landing 3 32" pike and countless smaller pike. The best thing about that day was knowing my boy was an official ice fishing addict.

Ranger School 03
OIF 06-07
OEF 09-10
ESF 13
Carpenters Local 277

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:22 AM »
we where having a small members tournment on simcoe,biggest perch wins,I got a 13" perch early in the day,I won the tourney and 600 bucks,my son-inlaw won second prize of 300 bucks,great memories.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.