Author Topic: Garson Day  (Read 897 times)

Offline RayRay79

• IceShanty Rookie
Garson Day
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Well tried fishing Garson today, which has about 16 stocked ponds.  There was four of us that went... and we were actually the only ones there the whole day.  They only had the trout and pike ponds open.  They actually drilled the Char pond for us later in the day.  2 of my buddies caught a tiny perch, and an 8" Rainbow.  The other buddy was busy passing out (and eventually puking) since he started Coke and Rye right when we got there... on an empty stomach to boot.  So we left him in his own little shack to rest.  I got skunked, not even a bite.  Actually that is a lie.  I left my shack for a couple minutes and when I got back my line was snapped, so I think something big took my rig.  I'm still pretty ticked about that.  But I did learn a little more on how to use my Vexilar.  We saw alot of fish through the hole and the Vexilar, but could not get them to go after the hook, line, and sinker.  The pond produced nothing, plus it was $20 to fish there for the day.  I left a tip-up in the Pike shed all day, and never got the flag to pop.  The same minnow was on the hook the whole 8 hours.  It was a pretty nice day and if my buddy didn't getting zonk it would have made for a boring day.  I'm gonna try Lockport or Sugar Island on my next day off next week.  If you have any tips or locations for both these places and what rig setup to use that would be greatly appreciated.  I'm new to this ice fishing thing, and got alot of stuff for Christmas and don't want it to go to waste.  Hopefully for those of you that will try Garson will have better luck than us.  And I hope to meet some of you this season. 

Ray-Ray

PS.  Remember I'll be the little Filipino dude trying to figure out how to work all my ice fishing toys ???.  Don't be afraid to tell me I'm using something wrong... I'm still learning...  :P LOL :P!!!
The Ice Sherpa Guide... Dr. RAY-RAY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.