Author Topic: Warm Weather good and bad!!!!!  (Read 998 times)

Offline Jumbo Master

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its not a passion, its an obsession!!
Warm Weather good and bad!!!!!
« on: Jan 04, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Hey guys, i just wanted to let you guys know that even though there is  atleast two feet of ice on lake manitoba there are some unsafe spots :-\. I know a local guy that was snowmobiling over the spot where the channel from the boat launch meets the lake at Delta and he broke through, :o :o luckily some one saw him go in and helped him get out :o.  The water seems to be flowing more and the ice is getting thin in those high current areas. Just a reminder to take extra Caution!!!!!!!!!! :) :)\
                                                Tight Lines and Safe Fishing        JM 8)

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Warm Weather good and bad!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:22 PM »
The ice is also getting thinner on the Red. Drilling holes, the ice isn't even coming up in chips anymore...like heavy snow. Heard a few reports the ice is getting thinner due to an increase in current. WOW...January and we are loosing ice !!!! :o :o :o

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 07:25 PM »
check my report in the board about the Pembina wide open at Swan Lake......Ac.....wanna launch????....lol.....Grump

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up JM  8)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2006, 09:41 AM »
 We are going to the Locks on Saturday or tommorow for the last time in while so that the Ice can thicken up again can you still walk on there. ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.