New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096266 times)

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
ATV on ice isn't safe on white lk..crazy to even risk some them big deep lakes in Sullivan. Hope and wish safe ice..maybe small backwood ponds..anybody try morningside lately ? Never tried that  but read panfish are in there ,is it  good?

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I've seen trucks on white lake. The day the atv went through, there was still open water. Everthing has it's limits. Either that guy was stupid or got too comfortable.

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice forecast  for going into February.. Sure there is safe is even now but those shorelines on the res.must be deep and need caution ..I'm  looking forward to get out again..last time I cleaned a nice bunch..great fried them pannies! Never got into the perch but the crappies were nice so far..no eye..few white perch but they I toss..tried them and they are fishy..good eagle food imho

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
say pooley..the first post on this thread..I have to  ask ..is that Chic yours ? She's a looker for sure  smile nice body too! If so, I'm proud of you for such a snag!

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
say pooley..the first post on this thread..I have to  ask ..is that Chic yours ? She's a looker for sure  smile nice body too! If so, I'm proud of you for such a snag!

Im not a race fan but even I know who that is.... ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Soooo...any Ice any where? Heard lake George is shot in the bays...main lake not even close...guys went through up in central ny in multiple locations....8-10 " supposedly in adks?....got a buddy on piseco I am going  to checkhart with....can't imagine anything safe locally  :'(

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Soooo...any Ice any where? Heard lake George is shot in the bays...main lake not even close...guys went through up in central ny in multiple locations....8-10 " supposedly in adks?....got a buddy on piseco I am going  to checkhart with....can't imagine anything safe locally  :'(

theres anywhere from 12-15" on great sacandaga. I was on 10" today on Schroon head north guys... 7" on Saratoga.... Lake George was almost ready before the warm spell then lost it all and had to start over

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was thinking about fishing the Swan Lake Fire Company tournament:  https://www.facebook.com/events/203466363449447/

I was told they have 10-11" of ice as of Tuesday. 

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
    Im not a race fan but even I know who that is.... ::)
so  she's still as hot looking after all these years? Cool!

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
I think next week sometime plenty of safe ice..maybe even for mobiles just need to wait a week or so

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Esoxnepa I suggest keeping a watch on the fire departments Face Book page for updates on the contest before you make the trip . Doing a Google search I found this phone number you and anyone else planning to attend this contest may want to call.
                               Swan Lake Hose CO. # 1   (845)-292-6918

If this contest is cancelled please send a personal message to moderator AdkRoy so he can update post about this contest that can be found in New York Ice Fishing derbies and contests thread. The thread is found stickied near top of New York Ice Fishing community board.

Steve

Offline MarkBJ3

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone know if White Lake has safe ice?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Someone on another forum said it was open

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
It was cancelled/postponed on their facebook page.  I will see if I can message AdkRoy.

Esoxnepa I suggest keeping a watch on the fire departments Face Book page for updates on the contest before you make the trip . Doing a Google search I found this phone number you and anyone else planning to attend this contest may want to call.
                               Swan Lake Hose CO. # 1   (845)-292-6918

If this contest is cancelled please send a personal message to moderator AdkRoy so he can update post about this contest that can be found in New York Ice Fishing derbies and contests thread. The thread is found stickied near top of New York Ice Fishing community board.

Steve

Offline joechicago

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ...if it's frozen drill it.
Not too much of a trout fisherman/fly fisherman. Looking to improve my fly casting skills though, what baits/patterns are they catching them on?
Since they are stocked fish, patterns are not that important. In addition, since it's winter, surface bugs are not around. Best to use nymphs or streamers.
God does not count in man's allotted span, the days spent fishing.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I can only hope. 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Esoxnepa thank you for the updated information on Swan Lake Fire Dept. ice fishing contest . AdkRoy must have received your message he has posted that this contest is cancelled until further notice. Hopefully we get some colder weather in February so all of us can get in a few ice fishing trips.
Steve

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
Hopefully it locks up and they can reinstate the tourney.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Hopefully it locks up and they can reinstate the tourney.

I believe the next contest is in Morningside/Hurleyville FD on February 11th 

http://www.hurleyvilleny.com/hfdfish.htm

followed by Monticello FD on February 18 @ Sackett Lake

not familiar with any for the weekend of the February 4th
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
I went by lock sheldrake this morning all froze but it was snowing and could not see the ice also swan had about 30 people on it

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good afternoon , Greensider I have no idea how many people on average attend Swan Lake Fire Dept. contest the lake's ice covering maybe safe for small groups scattered around the lake not a lot of people concentrated in one area. The fire dept uses the area by tennis courts of former Stevensville/Presidents resort there is a stream the flows out of the lake in this area which affects ice thickness in that section of the lake. A similar situation exists by the state access to loch Sheldrake .
   Hardwater Diehard you are correct about contests . also on Sunday Feb.19Th is the King of the Ice at white lake.  www.sullivancountyconservationclub.org day of contest registration at White Lake firehouse on route 17B . Look under events fo King of the Ice.

Back in late December while on a trip checking ice conditions I left a message taped on the door of Loch Sheldrake Firehouse seeking information on if and when they would be having a contest this year. I never received a reply to this note.If any of you Sullivan County residents travel through Loch Sheldrake on a regular basis check and see if they have any type of sign in front of the firehouse with info. on contest. Last year they choose to hold a flea market instead because of poor ice conditions they maybe doing the same this year.

Be cautious if attempting a fishing trip to many stories here on Ice Shanty of people breaking through the ice.
Steve

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
  Since there no ice in any close proximity from me I decide to take a trip and  go on Swan lake tomorrow. Never been in that area before .
Have couple questions : Is there any close bait shops around the lake ? Where is more convenient to park  closest to the fishing grounds?
  Not sure , if it's reasonable questions.... not asking for secret places  ect , but  if you can share this this information I'd really appreciate. I am going alone any info would l be helpful.
 Thank in advance ,
                                  Genavorn
  You also can pm me , if don't want to disclose info on open forum.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
There is a park along 55  walk right on the lake lots of people there today

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
Thank you very much  greensider . Any bait shops around that area?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Thank you very much  greensider . Any bait shops around that area?

http://www.monticellofarmhomeandgarden.com/  ......Rt 17B past race track on right 1.5 miles

Sportsnuts 
Address: 250 Rock Hill Dr, Rock Hill, NY 12775 Exit 109 Rock Hill ...turn left ...3/4 mile on left
Phone: (845) 794-2000
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
http://www.monticellofarmhomeandgarden.com/  ......Rt 17B past race track on right 1.5 miles

Sportsnuts 
Address: 250 Rock Hill Dr, Rock Hill, NY 12775 Exit 109 Rock Hill ...turn left ...3/4 mile on left
Phone: (845) 794-2000

You can add Agway in Liberty to that list.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
You can add Agway in Liberty to that list.
That's closest to Swan Lake if you don't go by something.

Offline ktm115

• IceShanty Rookie
Was out on swan lake today. Pretty good day fishing. Pulled a 3lb large mouth out as well as a handful of pickeral. Flags popped up all over the lake throughout the day. There was between 8 and 10 inches of ice but the top 2in is white ice.

Offline GenaVorn

• IceShanty Rookie
Thank you very much for your help gentlemen .Will be the first time in that area..

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Ktm115 thank you for the report on ice conditions at Swan Lake . Genavorn If you take route 17 west Liberty is exit 100 you can get to route 55 it runs through part of Liberty 55 will take you to Swan Lake. Just before you see the lake route 55 goes down hill  the road crosses the lake. parking areas Greensider spoke of will be on both sides of route 55 as it goes across the lake . Have a good trip enjoy yourself.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.