New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096084 times)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
same thing happens on my vex with a float and stopper

I never had the issue with my old vex and stopper just with the new marcum

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
I haven't left Long Island all winter, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get a single trip in at this point. I'm just going to plan for a really good season next year!

Ditto for me Redneck..... just sitting here in Baldwin watching lousy weather reports!!  Can't bring myself to drive all the way up to Sullivan Cty. searching for ice.  Have you heard anything about the smaller LI ponds being frozen???

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ditto for me Redneck..... just sitting here in Baldwin watching lousy weather reports!!  Can't bring myself to drive all the way up to Sullivan Cty. searching for ice.  Have you heard anything about the smaller LI ponds being frozen???

I live in Nassau, and some ponds by me are frozen. There should be a cold snap next weekend and hopefully that will bring some ice to the other Long Island/South NY ponds.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Didn't look around much this week as I figured it a no go. One lake I worked near looked good 15 feet out but shore was sketchy. gonna snoop around tomorrow will let you guys know. I live in sully. Bet by wednesday things will start looking good.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Did a little recon  in my area today ....most shorelines on the north and east sides of my local lakes and ponds were inaccessible ...lots of open water out there .. think it might be best to wait ...if not use caution...spud and the buddy system .Starting Sunday colder temps with most days not breaking the 32 degree mark be patient and/or diligent.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Any safe ice up in Sullivan? Looking to get out tomorrow.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Any safe ice up in Sullivan? Looking to get out tomorrow.

If there is I would think shorelines would be shot... I know the majority of them are down here in OC

Offline Mikey Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was at SB earlier today and the shorelines are very soft and most is even open water I'd wait till next week when the temps really drop

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Actually saw two guys on a small private pond. They were probably pushing it. Most places not good. open water on white lake.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Thanks for the replies! I will wait.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
I spudded my out this morning while it was still in the 20°s. found 4 inches of nice black ice, my access was on the south side, shoreline was solid. Moaning and cracking once the sun warmed up so headed in, found water coming up thru' some cracks, I was probably pushing it a bit, and only small sunnies...See you next week! COLD COLD COLD next weekend.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Thank you for the reports on Sullivan County ice conditions guys.
Steve

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
Major shrinkage occurring, down to three inches and some open water here in Sully.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
as much as i like ice fishing i will not die to do it i am doing other stuff there is always next year

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
looks like we're gonna get some nights of single digits coming up here should tighten things up real quick

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
The BIG CHILL has begun ....the second coming of ICE ...by the weekend for sureshore
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I am going upstate to fish for a few days ... I am heading up to 4Th lake in the am ..A buddy has a house on lake for the snowmachine no snow he said to go up & fish... going to take him up on it... :)
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I hope it lasts long enough to give up safe ice....
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Spoke to my buddy (Squidboy) today .... he has a home in Sullivan Cty. near Barryville, on a private lake.  Lake edges are gone out to 6' from shore.... also some open water in the middle.  His lake is within 1/2 hour from Superior, Huntington, White Lake, etc. ... jsut to give you some idea of area conditions.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
WU has only 7 hrs in the next 7 days above freezing ...and next weekend highs in the teens and nights in single digits

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
fished 3 lakes in Sullivan County this weekend....all locked up and 5-8" of good ice....a lot of cracking today once sun came up......

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Well said Diehard A high above freezing is not a big deal when it is short lived. Not much sun this week either. Wonder what will happen with King of the ice.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
It looks like both the Hurleyville/Morningside contest and the SCCC/KOI/White lake are still on

https://www.facebook.com/SullivanCounty.ConservationClub

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hopefully we will have some safe ice in Sullivan County by this weekend.
Be safe out there!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
be very careful walking on the ice! I know 2 days ago there were holes that had drained the rain water that were 2 foot across! with the temps we have had here in Sullivan county it will be very dangerous walking for a few days! if you happen to step on one of these holes it will be very easy to go through! and now with the snow covering them you will not be able to see where they are.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well looks like we are in for a warm up today...6 hrs above 32  before  the needle drops ..going to be a frigid weekend ..going to try and get out Friday ahead of BRRR-AGEDEN..then bundle up for some weekend fun ...after that some snow possible mid week ...3 inches would suit me just fine to ease on the pulling of sleds down those rocky paths .Next two day would be nice to get out ..but those shorelines took a beaten over the weekend so patience will have to prevail.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Think I'm gonna try to get on a local pond in OC tomorrow.....

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
thinking of checking out somewhere tomorrow after work...Huntington, sheldrake, or swb..got lots of bait fish to use before the stupid receipt expires! :tipup:

Offline elrodalonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
going to be sub zero weekend up in swb this weekend, hope no wind.. i hate wind especially when i need to screw anchor the shanty or sled because of no snow on ice .. btw the kahtoolas foot cleats  are great for black ice.. be safe on the ice..bring safety grip spikes and wear them around your neck so if you do fall in you can grip pick the ice to pull yourself out asp. ..also good waterproof insulated boots in case the shoreline ice is underwater which is usually the case for some lks after big thaws.
Shellfish
If you're gonna fish swb this weekend you better dress warm.  Sat. high of 7 and low of -11 with 18mph wind.  Sun high of 13 with 14 mph.  Tends to run a little cooler here than the forecast.  Finally feeling like Feb here in the mountains.

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Might have to break out the shanty and the camera!!!!!!
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.