New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096406 times)

Offline Lightsimage

• IceShanty Rookie
At Long Last....... One of the nation's premier fishing locations (Long Island, NY) will be getting our own BASS PRO SHOPS.  The new store will be located in Uniondale, NY (probably in or near the Roosevelt Field Mall shopping area).

I visited the next nearest store today in Bridgeport, Ct. to spend gift cards I got for Christmas.  Very impressed with this location.... it even had an indoor "Undersea" theme Bowling alley right in the store.  Today was their Ice Fishing Event day with a couple of seminars and an impressive display of Ice Fishing gear.

Now all I need is ICE !!!!!

It's planned to open at the re-developed Nassau Coliseum site.

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went out yesterday late afternoon. Heavy overcast. Small glowhead jig with whole red trout worm not threaded on just hooked once a little up from the tail. Flashed jig to glow, dropped to a foot off bottom, could see worm wiggling on flasher and whammo, perch were on fire.
Dont know what part/parts of the equation it was but it was working. Will be trying these worms again even when im loaded with waxies and spikes! Left with about 3 worms left out of a container of 30. Oh, 5" of black beautiful ice. BLACK ICE MATTERS.

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
only 3 inches on my lake, argh it is tough to wait

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
only 3 inches on my lake, argh it is tough to wait

Cold snap all next week will fix that for certain.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Cold snap all next week will fix that for certain.

If the one pond I fish holds up through the rain tonight and tomorrow Ill be fishing sometime next week

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Looks like we peaked at 52* today in my neck of the woods  ...mostly all down hill from here ...49* as of this post

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
55 deg and rainbows here in Dutchess.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
Maybe find ice at the end of the rainbow...   

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I should be walking on water at the end of this week... Also about to pull the trigger on a LX7  ;D

Also looks like a clipper system is gonna hit us luckily less than 1 inch where I live

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Im hoping so......

Offline PACKMAN252008

• IceShanty Rookie
Any word on big pond?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
At least you guys are getting some cold without this lake snow....    :-\
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
At least you guys are getting some cold without this lake snow....    :-\

We got about a inch of snow tonight.... nothing compared to what you guys have up there I'm sure

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
We got about a inch of snow tonight.... nothing compared to what you guys have up there I'm sure

http://daikers.com/webcam/daikers_webcam.html     :-\ :-\
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

http://daikers.com/webcam/daikers_webcam.html     :-\ :-\

Looks fun! For snowmobilers that is  ;D hope your lakes are not froze yet or have a good 6 inches!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
well I went out this evening on morningside just outside of Monticello and had fun. got 1 crappie a bunch of gill and perch and about 8 or 9 golden shiners that were about 10 or 11 inches! then I tried to get to my crappie spot and went through on my way there. STRIKER SUITS ARE AWESOME!!! I wasn't in long, 30 seconds at max thanks to the videos I have seen on here of how to get out. I never went under at all. I was able to get my upper body on the ice and rolled out. the water only made in in up to about my knees. my feet were cold as **** but the rest of my body was warm. I had brought a change of clothes including longjons and as soon as I got to shore I changed.

ill post some pics tomorrow, right now my camera is froze into the pocket on my suit! lol   45 mins after going through I was already planning my next trip out. lol I'm a addicted icefisherman!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well looks like winter has arrived in my area finally...the winds howled all last night with temps in the 20s and teens for the overnight  ...looks to be a little snow/ice/rain for the weekend then not out of freezing mark for several days after ...looking good for a weekend outing 

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice on my local lake is now just barely under five inches and it is 15* F now; I will be out there after work tomorrow!
 Tom get his waxies and mousies tomorrow, I'll stop on way home. Finally!
Planning to eat fresh fish while watching football this weekend. 

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
I should be on ice Friday .... :icefish: :icefish:
Thanks for the update BlueSail....got some finishing touches to do for gear preparation ..cant wait to try my new lures/plastics ...and my spare  FL12 .

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just drove past White Pond, and it still has some open water and sketchy shore in spots.
Canopus looked good from the seat, with a light cover of snow and no wet spots.

KB we might be good to go on that gill spot but I'll check later today or tomorrow to be sure!
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I checked a couple small ponds local to me, and there was 3-4 inches of good ice.   I'm off tomorrow but working this weekend, let me know if you'd like to meet up! 

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  wow boss stay on top  :thumbsup: .... I will try to get out this weekend somewhere... iceballs when are you going to come up?   
images.jpeg

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hello all , good to see a lot of regulars back again! Happy new year and hopefully a safe , successful ice fishing season, albeit shortened a little bit.

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
A decent evening on 5 1/2 inches of ice tonight.  Four perch - 3 keepers over a foot, a bunch of sunnies, a lm bass was fun to catch on three lb test. Caught 2 of the perch on my new tip downs using fat heads, was hoping for crappie but not tonight.
Mild weather was easy on my hands too. Can't wait for the next time!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
A decent evening on 5 1/2 inches of ice tonight.  Four perch - 3 keepers over a foot, a bunch of sunnies, a lm bass was fun to catch on three lb test. Caught 2 of the perch on my new tip downs using fat heads, was hoping for crappie but not tonight.
Mild weather was easy on my hands too. Can't wait for the next time!

You get to play with all your new toys/equipment ?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well looks like I'm gonna have to hold off on the new LX-7.... waited a few hours to long to get it from fishusa when they had it on sale for $599. It was there in the morning then went to work came home went to buy it and it was gone  :'(. Guess I'll have to wait for gander or cabelas to do one of their take X amount off a purchase of X amount or more!

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was looking into a few fishfinder/flashers and found that you can get the Lowrance Elite 5x Chirp Ice Machine(No Maps) for roughly $310 plus a $50 mail in rebate which brings it to only $260. This only works if you buy the ice pack and the fishfinder separately. You can get the Elite 5x Chirp WITHOUT the boat transducer for roughly $199 here:
http://lr.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/35371-97148/Lowrance-Elite-5-Series-Fishfinders.html?cid=132358&chid=4272&gclid=CI3Ezc2Mq8oCFcEUHwodZm8KHg

And you can buy the ice pack for $110 here(This is the model with the blue connector):
http://www.ceshowroom.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CWR58194&click=2&gclid=CJ6q2omMq8oCFcETHwod0u0LKA

All you have to do is assemble it, which shouldn't take longer than 10 mins, and it should be all ready. Thought that this was a complete steal, considering that the Elite 5 Ice Machine(With Maps) usually sells for $500.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just ordered my LX-7 from Gander.... paid 198.70 for it when all is said and done after doing a price match (they price match online prices as long as you order over the phone... cableas doesn't do that) and using gift cards and selling my FL8 (my uncle is buying it from me and I can still use it as a back up if needed what a nice guy!) Can't wait to test it out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.