New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096098 times)

onice2013

Tracking NEMO  is literally going to tough going with the sleds this weekend,, hope it blows off before it starts thawing.. walking through heavy wet snow is a real drag, maybe Harriman will be open this weekend, last I called, she said they going to check it today sometime! lol for the weekend ::) yeah , I replied to her "GEE THAT IS SWELL" LOL ::) ::)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Use snowshoes if you got them, it makes walking way easier in snow over a foot.  Works well in slushy conditions as well.

Offline jef

• IceShanty Rookie
steve
         thanks for the info on where i can find the ice conditions & was wondering if theres any good perch areas to fish besides cromwell & the little dinks in beaver dam also everything i catch is c&r

jef

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
have a question what is the difference in fish species between greenwoodlake and upper greenwood lake

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
have a question what is the difference in fish species between greenwoodlake and upper greenwood lake

the difference is unless you have a NJ fishing license you cant fish upper greenwood lake

other than that no clue

onice2013

great  youtube  video shots LM .. I use to fish upper greenwood lk many years ago. it is private bass/pickerel / yellow perch/sunnies/bull heads from what I remember.

Offline QTeam

• IceShanty Rookie
That's ESPN Sportscenter  Material.....
Nice job!!!
[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2n1c5jc.png[\img]

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loud Mouth thank you for posting the video link once again congratulations on a true trophy. I'm a little confused by your answer to Icefisherman 1090 about upper Greenwood Lake and Greenwood Lake,are they to different lakes.
  Jef if you will modify your avatar to include your location it will be easier for others to help answer your questions. Is the Beaver Dam in your post located by Salisbury Mills,NY. ? You could try Winding Hills Park off of rt.17k between village of Montgomery and Bullville, Morningside or Superior both in Sullivan county. There also is Chodikee by New Paltz in Ulster county.

Steve

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loud Mouth thank you for posting the video link once again congratulations on a true trophy. I'm a little confused by your answer to Icefisherman 1090 about upper Greenwood Lake and Greenwood Lake,are they to different lakes.
Steve

yea they are two different lakes not even connected and upper greenwood lake is in jersey

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
here you guys go!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E6HFUtymKOs?feature=player_detailpage
that was a epic battle! thanks for sharing. that video is priceless!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
That was awesome, thanks for sharing bro!!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I have a mac & it wont down load want to see I am sure it is awsome... :whistle: :laugh:
images.jpeg

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Thank you for the reply Loud mouth. I maybe wrong but Greenwood Lake is only stocked with hybrid Tiger musky/Norlunge to my knowledge. Also heard you mentioning walleyes on your video are they in both lakes or just Upper Greenwood? Have you purchased a lip grip device or gaff since catching the musky? So you will be ready for the next big fish.

Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
just seen the video awsome LM   ....what a fish!!  ;D ;D
images.jpeg

Offline jef

• IceShanty Rookie
steve
   thanks for the info hopefully will try one of them after the storm yes the beaver dam in salisbury mills
                                                                                                                                                                               jef

Offline jef

• IceShanty Rookie
beautiful fish loudmouth

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I must applaud your patience in landing that fish... very cool handed! congratulations!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thank you for the reply Loud mouth. I maybe wrong but Greenwood Lake is only stocked with hybrid Tiger musky/Norlunge to my knowledge. Also heard you mentioning walleyes on your video are they in both lakes or just Upper Greenwood? Have you purchased a lip grip device or gaff since catching the musky? So you will be ready for the next big fish.

Steve

no need for a gaff or a lip grip.. i still prefer my hand I feel like it gives me more control.... if you look back on the previous page you will see what is in upper greenwood lake and muskies dont need to be stocked once a population is set up since they breed on there own unlike the tiger muskies who are sterile they have to be stocked in a body of water every year. If the dec site is correct greenwood lake was not stocked with anything last year 

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have a mac & it wont down load want to see I am sure it is awsome... :whistle: :laugh:

I made it on a mac so you should have no issue  ???

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well the good thing is we did not get as much snow as they predicted looks to be about 8" where I am so the lakes shouldn't be bad!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
KB....you don't have to ask twice.....I'll be glad to punch some holes for you anytime.  Do you know if Sylvan Lake iced up this year???  It isn't always reliable!  Thinking about West Branch or Sodom for this coming weekend if things work out.  Stay in touch if you're interested.

Rodger

Im definitely interested.  Sylvan froze over, but Im not sure how thick it is.  Now with the snow, who knows????  I just had my shoulder done friday, so after the weekend Ill definitely be looking to get out.

Thank you

kb
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Jersy stocks Largemouth Bass, Musky, Tiger Musky, and Walleye in Greenwood every year.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
what's wrong guys with just  :icefish: it's our time of year right now...
images.jpeg

Offline spremont

• IceShanty Rookie
just took a ride through winding hills park they have the good ice sign up about 5 people out there 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good morning everyone I was up in White lake area yesterday(Sunday) at least a dozen people fishing by the rte.17B side of the lake saw a few farther out my guess is they accessed the lake using state boat launch area in the hamlet of Kauneonga Lake.
   I was removing furniture from the vacation home to a storage facility. (The home suffered storm damage in late Jan. see my post on page 267)

Spremont thank you for the update on Winding Hills.

Steve

Offline rugermag

• IceShanty Rookie
Has anyone fished Upton Lake since the storm? Has parking area been plowed?
Thanks, Rugermag

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
lol SINCE the storm???   it is raining here in Goshen and by my fathers up towards Monticello is rain too....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.