New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096207 times)

onice2013

Steve, I was there and quite impressed how many I seen driving in .. I couldn't find a spot to park as I was rolling in around the time it ended at 1pm. I didn't see many flags or fish being landed as I was sledding in either.. by the time I got situated, many were leaving the ice. Do I need photo-bucket or is there another way posting camera shots here? I use to use photo bucket

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Photobucket will work just fine
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

onice2013

I haven't logged on since 2012.lol.. that new photo bucket layout is weird .. I'll try posting some pics after trying  to sort my uploads

onice2013

Glenmere had groups and quads well over a ton of ice, Glenmere is not deep but it is pretty big surface wise.. wonder how Tiorati and the other seven lakes are doing? I couldn't make it out this Sunday..Glenmere is safe ice at least 6 to 7 ,, probably 8 inches or more today. Maybe Seven lakes drive is sitting right over a subduction zone and they don't want to tell tiorati is getting deeper every year ::) 60 ft  in some spots already and counting!!!! ??? ;D What they have for breakfast over there  ;D turtle soup?

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
stop talking of harriman... WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE CLOSED and alot of us would like to fish them. but we ALSO KNOW that they will not open them untill the ice is about a foot thick! and even then they say theres still open water...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Did they have a good turn out for the tournament .
Steve

74 people registered to fish... well over 150 on the ice, That is from the people who ran the tournament

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

onice2013

lol, boss jigs, maybe they should rename seven lakes drive to subduction zone park drive  ;D , Did you get out this am? I had a good pm at Glenmere yesterday, was going to try early am today but round trip for me is just over 80 miles, not exactly cheap for half day tripping, I got family today afternoon anyway.. I am going to wait and see what goes on during the warm spell this week.. probably try for a mid week but likely the weekender somewhere up further. glta, be safe on the thick ice and please stay away from the subductions zones out there!

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Here's the information I received on the Highland Lake Tournament.

Date : Feb. 16th
Start time : 7:00 AM
Weigh in : 2:00 PM

Price : $20 per adult   $10.00 per child      (1 dozen bait included)

I was asked to remind everyone this is a private lake.

Also to please take anything you bring on the ice off the ice.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
West Branch this AM with Kevin ( BC Shanty ).  Kevin landed a slammer of a Brown! Great job Bro!

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
West Branch this AM with Kevin ( BC Shanty ).  Kevin landed a slammer of a Brown! Great job Bro!

(Image removed from quote.)

That thing is Huge!! How Thick was the Ice.  Hit Diverting again... caught about a dozen dink perch.  Had two good runs, but never saw the fish.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice on WB averages around 3". Was a little less where this guy was caught! Just a little scary!

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Beauiful Brown!!! Way to Go!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
That's a beautiful fish!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that's a sweet brown, congrats!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Great brown Kevin!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Here's the information I received on the Highland Lake Tournament.

Date : Feb. 16th
Start time : 7:00 AM
Weigh in : 2:00 PM

Price : $20 per adult   $10.00 per child      (1 dozen bait included)

I was asked to remind everyone this is a private lake.

Also to please take anything you bring on the ice off the ice.

Thank you LoneWolf !  Hope to see you guys there ?

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thank you LoneWolf !  Hope to see you guys there ?
Hope to make it as long as I don't have to work.... :unsure:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Nice looking crappie Big Joe. Did they have a good turn out for the tournament .

Steve
thanks. they had a good turn out. more than there was a few years ago.

onice2013

wtg with the big reservoir BT BC ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
was going to go to a secluded pond today but turns out it's not so secluded the place was packed so turned around and went to greenwood found 6 inches of ice and ended up with 5 perch

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Headed out to a small local pond in the A.M to try and jig up some crappies. pictures to follow. (Hopefully)  ;D  :icefish:

Good to see that greenwood has decent ice. nice perch loudmouth! Hope to get out there at some point this year. I say that every Year and just never get the chance to go out.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                nice  brown trout  BC Shantie    now long was it ?
images.jpeg

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
WHOOOAAAHH.....Kevin;  That's one gorgeous colored Brown !!!  Going on your wall??  But you two are still nuts walking on 3" of ice !!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!

ALL YOU SOUTHEASTERN  NY GUYS::::     GO TO SOUTHERN IS  GATHERING AND CAST YOUR VOTE FOR WHICH LAKE YOU WANT TO FISH IN FOR THIS YEAR'S MEETING !!!!

CHOICES ARE:   LAKE HUNTINGTON   OR   LAKE SUPERIOR STATE PARK

VOTING ENDS ON FRIDAY !!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Glad to read they had a good turn out for the Florida,NY. Fire dept. tournament. Kevin (BcShanty) great looking brown trout congratulations.
   I'm going to call a Friend later today hopefully he is free this Friday and we can get out somewhere, good fishing and stay safe everyone. Lonewolf thank you for the info. on Highland Lake. Do you register at the Sand Beach bar on the day of contest or do you have a phone number. I have two friends who might be interrested in the tournament.
     Loudmouth where did you find an access spot on Greenwood Lake?

Steve

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sweet brown Bcshanty !! When Jager is around, some nice trout end up on the ice.. ;D

onice2013

Anybody want to meet anywhere this week pm me..  ;D Hey lone wolf, thanks for the tourney update and the TOS thing with upjon I , bc that looks like a 24 inch 5lber?  Warm up is forecasted so people please keep that in mind and be extra careful on ice the  few warm days ahead. So far so good, would be on ice this am but have a few business matters to attend, than i'm breaking for  local ice  :tipup:

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice laker from Gilead this AM.  Jigging in 60 FOW!

Mike

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well done mike... How was the ice?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.