New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096058 times)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Now that's and ice report!  :clap:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
                      I took a ride around Sullivan Co. today... It doesn't look good for this weekend .
                      I went to lake  huntington 2 small patches of ice rest is open water ...
                      I went to superior 3/4 open water  the rest is slush ice...
                      I went to white lake & no ice at all...
                      I drove by lake louise marie looks like frozen slush ...
                      I drove by wawanasink lake   frozen up by the island   rest pertty much open water...
                      I went to masten lake it is frozen up with slush ice... all the lakes I went to ice is unsafe ...
                      I could not even stand on the ice by shore at any lake ...no good   I am starting to get depressed ...
Hell of a report..thanks dewey
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline Pointer

• IceShanty Rookie
I dont know if this helps anyone but I seen people out ice fishing on Colgate Lake in Greene County Tues morn when I was up there rabbit hunting.

Chris

onice2013

Dewey, thanks for the honest report.. tomorrow it is all wind and stormy snow anyway. 

onice2013

tomorrow is wind and snow and not enough ice, Dewey thanks for the honest update. I can wait for safe ice and better weather conditions.. The great thing about visiting this site is getting good reports that saves us the time and ga$$ trying to find the early ice. Tomorrow, I am hanging low and will wait for solid ice reports. happy new year dewey and everyone here ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
thanks Dewey! that helps a ton! have faith gang. we'll get there.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
thanks Dewey! that helps a ton! have faith gang. we'll get there.

or spend a bunch of dough and come to PA......I have ice guys...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
or spend a bunch of dough and come to PA......I have ice guys...
sweet!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                    I may take you up on that topher7694 ...I just got a layoff & have some time & fish to kill...   :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
                    I may take you up on that topher7694 ...I just got a layoff & have some time & fish to kill...   :icefish:

I know I will be out again on Tuesday, with some of the lakes I reported on today being safe enough for people other than me ( I fished on 2.25" this morning on one lake )    supposed to stay cold, and the little bit of snow that we are getting now won't hurt anything.....my best lakes won't be ready until probably next weekend though...

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
                      I took a ride around Sullivan Co. today... It doesn't look good for this weekend .
                      I went to lake  huntington 2 small patches of ice rest is open water ...
                      I went to superior 3/4 open water  the rest is slush ice...
                      I went to white lake & no ice at all...
                      I drove by lake louise marie looks like frozen slush ...
                      I drove by wawanasink lake   frozen up by the island   rest pertty much open water...
                      I went to masten lake it is frozen up with slush ice... all the lakes I went to ice is unsafe ...
                      I could not even stand on the ice by shore at any lake ...no good   I am starting to get depressed ...
               Thanks for the info Dewey-open water might be a good thing right now with this snow we're expecting,
We should be good next week (supposed to get cold)

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                          maybe I will take a ride this afternoon & check a few spots ...
                          the snow on the ice is going to make harder for ice to thicken up...
                          thanks topfer7694 for the offer we have some friends comming over that day... :) :)

images.jpeg

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
Thanks Dewey! Now all we need is this wind to settle, temps look promising this week. Soon buddy  ;)

onice2013

Yesterday early afternoon in the snow we drove on rt to friends  around greenwood lk. The jersey side was all slush ice to just past the island and mostly open water from there on north. I'm getting my sled ready for next week

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'm ready for jigging, just have to get the tip-ups in order. i have the next 3 days off to do it. ;D

onice2013

Getting everything ready today too :tipup:

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Woke up the power auger his am. It's been too long
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
This wind is a good thing... will blow all the snow off of the ice that isn't already slush. I should be walking on water on the 3rd or 4th in Orange County!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
starting to look good now with these cold temps. should be out in the next 2 weeks if it stays like this !!!! hell of alot better than last year  :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
A friend of mine told me glenmere is orange county is locked up hopefully after this cold week should be fishable
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i couldnt believe it, i was out on 6 inches of ice!!!   then i woke    but its soon....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

onice2013

I think if this cold blast sticks around long enough without too much thaw hrs during the day, the lower state waters will lock up and have safe ice by next weekend.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I think if this cold blast sticks around long enough without too much thaw hrs during the day, the lower state waters will lock up and have safe ice by next weekend.

Im hoping
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
A friend of mine told me glenmere is orange county is locked up hopefully after this cold week should be fishable

Surprised to hear that 2 days ago 70% was open water and slush... I find it hard to believe that is true but I will be driving by tomorrow just to check it out

BCSHANTY CLEAN OUT YOUR INBOX!!!!!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
yes next week end i well be ice fishing ,mabey even on white lake,coing to be cold this week :tipup:

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i see my mastake,going

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Surprised to hear that 2 days ago 70% was open water and slush... I find it hard to believe that is true but I will be driving by tomorrow just to check it out

I'll text him and let him know...lol

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                       went by white lake today & it was wide open with white caps from the wind... :( :(
images.jpeg

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular

Let me know he was in a patrol and it wasn't plowed but from the road it all looke d locked hp
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Let me know he was in a patrol and it wasn't plowed but from the road it all looke d locked hp
.        I was there 3 days ago. There was a wide open part in front of the middle of the park. I think it still needs some time. But I'm going there tomorrow to check it out. Hopefully it freezes all soon!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.