New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096087 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
you guys are gonna have to do some driving to get some ice. mariaville behind my house has 8-12" but not know for a destination on IS. mostly pan fish and pickerel. another 30 min north and you are in the adirondak park.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Waiting for update from John anyone here from him
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I spoke to Rodger and John ( Calamari ) tonight....they fished Superior today....ice was 4.5" and a little scary...they made out pretty well.....  I do not know if that is the same John you are waiting for.....they decided to fish over in PA with me and another shanty member ( Dennis53 ) and his nephew tomorrow....6-8" there....

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
what ? no new up dates

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Up at are Hunting camp are small lake had 4 1/2 to 5 inches of not good ice tomorrow we might try it again or open water fish on one of the lakes that are open we'll see
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
took IceBalls and Calamari to PA this weekend....fished 2 tough lakes, caught some fish...fished on 8" Saturday and on 6-8" Sunday...weather cooperated for the most part......Met up with Dennis53 today also.....it's amazing when you drive 30 minutes east of where we fished and there isn't any ice.....must be the elevation......

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
going tommorow to mointicello some chances to get ice on white lake or superior. or which lake the fishing is p[ossible

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
not as big as the one on the first page but definitely a nice one... You guys should head north

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
going tommorow to mointicello some chances to get ice on white lake or superior. or which lake the fishing is p[ossible
there is NO SAFE ICE in sullivan....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
yes there is in my ice box

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yes there is in my ice box

and in my cocktail     ;)   which I wouldn't need if the weather and Mother Nature cooperated....

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i now well wate abouit 2 weeks then put my boat in  to fish

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
still going presidents day what to do in tha city check syuperior, white lake maybe swan i will see and post tommorow see ya

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
lmfao    lord doesnt understand we are reporting that there isnt ANY ice....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
i got it boys i will get my pontoon with me :):):)

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I fished  in bethel yesterday 1 nice perch & some cats... The ice was melting under my feet I had to leave after lunch
alot of slush & water on ice where I was fishing..... Be safe out there guys  :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
I travelled to Chenango County yesterday. There is a solid 8" of ice on Long Pond, caught a bunch of Bass and small crappie but I had a blast chasing flags. Was a two hour drive but was worth it, it's weird that just two hours north its still winter. There was snow on the ground, the ice was thick and it was cold! Plan on going again soon.
👮👮👮

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
okey so this is what we got. i was at white lake today open water on the left side of the lake but on the superior lake ......hmmmmmmmm was 3-4 inches of the ice on the center ice was melting but still some solid ice that u can step on it. about 10 people on superior lake , some crappes , yellows and pickelrels. dont be scared to go i am still alive :):):):) always remeber that any ice in this seoson is dengerous if you dont know the lake so be carefull!!!!!!!

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
My father in law spotted some people on Highland saturday. I passed there today, lots of open water but the far end of the lake opposite the Beach bar is still iced in with fresh snow on top. I not sure of an acess spot. No one out there today.lou

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Despite some discouraging reports about ice conditions in Sullivan County, here are the facts from two guys who just got finished with five days of fishing there.  As of yesterday (Monday), we fished on 4.5 to 5" of ice about two to three hundred yards off the launch ramp at Lake Superior State Park.  I cant speak for the middle of the lake, but there was no ice cracking or breaking where we fished.  Caught a mess of Yellows, Picks, Bass on both Friday and Monday.  We checked out Huntington and Highland Lakes and found no access because of melted edges.  However, at the launch ramp for White Lake, theree is solid ice measuring 5-6" out to two hundred yards (we didn't walk further than that.)  Saw some guys fishing outh there on Friday. 
John (Boss Jigs)....there were two guys fishing your spot on Superior yesterday until about five o'clock.  Don't know how theyt did.
What are the chances there will be ice by next weekend?????  Can't say..... just hope for a deep freeze alll week up there (temps were in the 20's to 30's this week in the daytime.....teens at night).
We're heading up to Schroon lake for the NYState gathering next weekend (moved from South Bay).

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
maybe those two guys was me and my frien alex

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, I see we're down to Page 3 already.....nobody wants to say those "fateful" words..... "IT'S ALL OVER FOR US BOYS!!!"  At least this post will get us back up to a respectable position on the NY board!  Was going to trek up to Schroon Lk. tomorrow and stay for the Sunday IS gathering but my plans got sunk when "Squid-Boy" pulled out of the trip.  No way to swing the $$$$ all on my own.
I don't see much hope for any more ice in Sullivan Cty. after this week, so, time to put the gear away and un-wrap the boat.  Anyone feel like going Ocean fishing in the near future???

IceBalls.....thawed out for this year!!!

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i put my gear away, what a short seson, ploby be useing my boat in a week or so , untill next winter  ,by

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, I see we're down to Page 3 already.....nobody wants to say those "fateful" words..... "IT'S ALL OVER FOR US BOYS!!!"  At least this post will get us back up to a respectable position on the NY board!  Was going to trek up to Schroon Lk. tomorrow and stay for the Sunday IS gathering but my plans got sunk when "Squid-Boy" pulled out of the trip.  No way to swing the $$$$ all on my own.
I don't see much hope for any more ice in Sullivan Cty. after this week, so, time to put the gear away and un-wrap the boat.  Anyone feel like going Ocean fishing in the near future???

IceBalls.....thawed out for this year!!!

I spent the day yesterday in 55 degrees stowing away all my ice gear. Took a nice ride past all the usual lakes, Highland, Swinging Bridge, Rio, White Lake, Mohegan Lake and some smaller ponds and none are safe if they have any ice at all.

I'm with you Iceballs on getting the boat out and ready but it would be just my luck to get it all unwrapped and have 2 feet of snow the next day. I won't be one bit surprised to see a big storm this year in April given the fact we had a nasty one here in October and not much since. Good thing I got a break on fuel oil this winter because I need it for the other tanks in the car and truck.

My prayer for next year, May the ice Gods bless us early and in November I'll be happy with anyone but Obama.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline lorddre81

• IceShanty Rookie
dont give up boys i am going to superior on sunday check the ice and of course - if its possible- fish some fish :):) its gonna be 34 on sunday like last weekend maybe  i spend some time with iceballs on superior so we will see .......... hey boys please don cry u gotta keep your head up even if the ice is thin never gave up - :):):):)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dont give up boys i am going to superior on sunday check the ice and of course - if its possible- fish some fish :):) its gonna be 34 on sunday like last weekend maybe  i spend some time with iceballs on superior so we will see .......... hey boys please don cry u gotta keep your head up even if the ice is thin never gave up - :):):):)

Tommy.....If you go up there PLEASE BE CAREFUL !!!  The ice was looking all "Bubbly" on Monday and I wouldn't trust it.  Looking forward to seeing you on the ice next year.....don't want to lose you now!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I spent the day yesterday in 55 degrees stowing away all my ice gear. Took a nice ride past all the usual lakes, Highland, Swinging Bridge, Rio, White Lake, Mohegan Lake and some smaller ponds and none are safe if they have any ice at all.

I'm with you Iceballs on getting the boat out and ready but it would be just my luck to get it all unwrapped and have 2 feet of snow the next day. I won't be one bit surprised to see a big storm this year in April given the fact we had a nasty one here in October and not much since. Good thing I got a break on fuel oil this winter because I need it for the other tanks in the car and truck.

My prayer for next year, May the ice Gods bless us early and in November I'll be happy with anyone but Obama.

You know Gary, I was just thinking the exact same thing about my boat.  It would be just my luck to get some big snowstorm in March/April!!!  It's happened before, so it's not impossible!!  It was 61 Degrees down here yesterday....broke all records!!
I was just telling Boss Jigs tht we get a shot at some nice White Perch down here in the tidal creeks, so at least I have an opportunity to try for SOMETHING for the next few weeks.  Also thinking about running up to Rhode Island to hop on a party boat for Cod...... they're doing pretty well right now.
Well, we didn't get to fish together this season.....better luck to us all fo next year.

Regards......Rodger

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i put my gear away yesterday as well. cried like a little b!tch too!! LOL! :'( :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
If you're willing to bite the high gas prices, still lots of ice up in the adirondacks.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
see ya all next year, hopefully under better conditions. It was really a rotton season around here.

iceballs - Fished the cod grounds a week and a half ago. If ya like reeling in dogs go for it.....slow pick on the cod not like years past trips thats for sure. Ya catch a few cod right away then the dogfish take over til the capt makes a move. The boats are hurting with no fares. Spring Blackfish can't come soon enough for me

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.