New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096299 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Boss Jigs.....John.... I know how you love to "push the envelope" by walking on that thin stuff, but, PLEASE be careful!!!   We'd rather spend our time fishing with you than reading about you in the papers!!!  Seriously.....no less than 4 inches!!!!!

Rodger 

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
relax...   its just the first ice ive seen so far   lol   
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Thanks Roy. it put more people together. i like it!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Thanks Roy. it put more people together. i like it!

You guys are welcome.  Now that my Brother-in-law lives down that way, I'll have to fish some of those resevoirs I see. ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
You guys are welcome.  Now that my Brother-in-law lives down that way, I'll have to fish some of those resevoirs I see. ;D

let me know when you're coming down this way.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
       Hey fellas!
Just sittin here going through my gear, hope all is well with everyone, looks like we have to wait a few more weeks.
hope to see you all soon.

Hey Chris! how is holehawg doing?

Kev

As far as I know, all is well in the Land of Holehawg.........and thanks for the reminder, i need to call him tonight !

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
does anyone here fish at glenmere lake in flordia,ny they have some huge crappies and pickerel ! also check out the ice fishing club im trying to make http://www.facebook.com/pages/Orange-County-NY-Ice-Fishing-Club/321109581232709

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i liked you page.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wooo Hoooo !!  My new Strikemaster Ice Suit came today......tried it on.....I look like a Red popsicle!!!   LOL   Seriously, nice quality suit.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i liked you page.

So did I !  Good Luck !

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
thanks for everyone supporting the ice fishing club im trying to make any ides for the club would b appreciated might go to gander mtn in middletown ny i now a couple guys that work there maybe gander could help us out !

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
 I live in orange county and was wondering if theres any signs of ice north of newburgh. hoping to get out christmas week. So far all I have been seeing is some skim ice on some small ponds :unsure:

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
im not sure big fish i haven't scouted any spots out im in college now in delhi,ny located in Delaware county n the pepacton reservoir and a lot of he lakes here has a little less then a half inch of ice but this weekend i want to start looking !!!

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
 Thanks for the ice info. I guess I will be waiting a little longer before I venture out. Maybe the week after christmas. ;D

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
thats when i usually start to go last year i started then to i think we will still get a lot of ice but not much snow this year

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
 My first outing last year was Dec. 16th, but its just to warm and rainy this year. Whenever it is I hope it is soon, I cant wait!! :icefish:

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
yeah its 40% chance of rain Thursday and Monday through Thursday of next high 40 low 25 with a 40% chance of rain turning into snow so hopefully the rain doesn't come it looks like not until the first or second week of January going! :'(

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
im not sure big fish i haven't scouted any spots out im in college now in delhi,ny located in Delaware county n the pepacton reservoir and a lot of he lakes here has a little less then a half inch of ice but this weekend i want to start looking !!!
WENT SCOUTING LAST NIGHT-NOTHING GOOD, MIGHT HAVE TO THROW SOME PANFISH IN THE POOL IF THIS KEEPS UP

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i fished Christmas morning last year, in Sterling forest. ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My first outing last year was Dec. 16th, but its just to warm and rainy this year. Whenever it is I hope it is soon, I cant wait!! :icefish:

Heck, I was out the first weekend in December the last 2 years....on 5"    this blows having to wait !

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
i know it sucks waiting but it will b here soon!

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
all the ponds i saw today in my travels held ic all day hopefully it stays cold !

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pooley.....What's the deall with the lakes in Sterling Forest??  I was told  (many years ago) that they were private and "off limits" to fishing.  Has that changed??   Do we need any "special permission" to fish those lakes??

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
After that halloween snow storm we had I thought we were going to have a nice long season of ice fishing but after golfing until the first week of december in upstate NY (go to grad school up there) i realized it's going to be a late start this year hopefully its a late ice out too

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Pooley.....What's the deall with the lakes in Sterling Forest??  I was told  (many years ago) that they were private and "off limits" to fishing.  Has that changed??   Do we need any "special permission" to fish those lakes??
Sterling Forest was a private, permit only area. in 1998, the state, along with some help from New Jersey bought most of it. it's Sterling Forest State Park now. same rules a Harriman for icefishing. just call Tiorati circle to see what is open. Sterling Lake, and Little Sterling lake are closed to icefishing and boats. too bad, because Big Sterling is DEEP! it holds lakers and browns.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pooley.....I'd like to take shot at Sterling this season.....keep me in mind when they lock up if you're going there...... like to join you.   

Rodger

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Im not that far away, I wouldnt mind trying it as well!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we haven't done very well there in the past 5 years or so. it used to be better, but has dropped off lately. we can hit blue lake, but you can't use gas augers there.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
wow!!!!!!!! this warm front is really throwing things off!!!! i just want to go ice fishing already!!!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we haven't done very well there in the past 5 years or so. it used to be better, but has dropped off lately. we can hit blue lake, but you can't use gas augers there.

I'm OK with a hand auger up until the ice gets thicker than about 8-10 inches......after that, the ol' IceBalls is too pooped to pop !!   LOL  Where is Blue Lake??  Years ago we used to go to a place called "Blue Mountain Lake".....is that the same place??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.