New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096152 times)

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                  I would like to learn more about the tournament ..... where?

w
images.jpeg

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
                                  I would like to learn more about the tournament ..... where?

w

http://www.icefishingpa.com/

you can find all the information there

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
How about it Chris....want to do some of these???  They are all on Sundays

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
some long rides too....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
for what you need to do to succeed in those tourneys, I don't have the time to put in

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
will try iceballs hope to be on the ice with youse guys.....topher i put a reel on the rod that baby is sweet...thanks buddy :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
will try iceballs hope to be on the ice with youse guys.....topher i put a reel on the rod that baby is sweet...thanks buddy :)

you are welcome, I still gotta grab one of those tip ups....I forgot last weekend  ::) 

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
21 degrees here with snow on the ground. in the 60's where i was a few days ago!  ::)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
HiYa Pooley ........ Itchin' to get out there????   

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yes i am!!!

my boss just sent this pic out.

T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yes....THE FREEDOM TOWER...............  They should build two of them, next to each other!!!   Unfortunately, I'm sure that  "they" will try to knock thisone down also....I just hope we have a President when that happens that will Dust Them Off The Earth FOREVER !!!  There are no "Innocent Civilians" !!!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
        I worked there up the 60th floor. now I am at the hub the new train station.
images.jpeg

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Hello all first post for me for the new season.  Boy am I ready.  I am really gonna put some "work" in on the ice this year. Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you.

Paul

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi pdbjr1.....welcome back!!!  Where are you from anyway???   I (we) do a lot of fishing in Sullivan County.... is that within your range???  Looking forward to a FUN SEASON for all of us!!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
         I looked into the tourneys & there are to many rules for me ....thanks anyway ice balls.... :icefish: :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thought it was about time to start up our annual "Southern N.Y." thread ...... all you Southern Boys....check in now.  There's not much ice in my area (L.I.), and it doesn't look like there's going to be any until January.  How about some of you guys in the higher elevations like The Catskills ????  Anything happening up there yet???

Let's keep our thread going.................

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Nothing here in Dutchess, yet!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Since we already  had a southern NY BS thread, I combined it with the one that was just started.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Skim ice in the mornings. Gonna be a while I think.
👮👮👮

Offline johnnieb71

• IceShanty Rookie
Not looking to good this year. The last 2 years I was on the ice locally before Christmas.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
EASY GUYS   think of it like this: over the last few years the ice has been lasting longer. now the beginning of ice is moving back a lil too. its like the seasons are rolling backwackward a few weeks...

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Skim ice all over, if the wind holds off for a few more nights we might start getting somewhere. I'm still holding out hope for x-mass day ice fishing.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Skim ice all over, if the wind holds off for a few more nights we might start getting somewhere. I'm still holding out hope for x-mass day ice fishing.

I think the temperature is going to have to drop out for this to happen
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Here is my take on the weather December is on the mild side unless there is a change in NAO/PNA we are in for a mild winter. We will also see plenty of liquid precip. also some lakes like Sylvan, Gilead, Glenida, might have very little ice this has happened in the last 10 yrs. Cross your fingers and hope for a change in the 30 days if not go north they will be having our average winter. N.A.T.T. Rules !!!!!
Mr.Esox

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hi Guys ! I'm Back !    Syracuse Gander show was great, got to catch up with a few old friends and make some new ones.....I will be on up here by Christmas....one way or another !

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks adkRoy.....I knew this thread was around from last year but couldn't find it!    Topher, you be careful looking for that early ice ( tie a Looooong rope around your waist and attach the other end to a tree before you start walking out!!!).  LOL

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
One of the guys that gave a seminar yesterday had a great idea for a safety rope...80 feet of rope inside a pvc tube that was about 2-3 feet long...a loop tied outside one end to be able to pull an end cap off.....pretty cool idea...

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
       Hey fellas!
Just sittin here going through my gear, hope all is well with everyone, looks like we have to wait a few more weeks.
hope to see you all soon.

Hey Chris! how is holehawg doing?

Kev

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ok im gettin happy, i have a small stream that circles my back yard and on the pool, all day, there was ice!!!!   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.