New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096226 times)

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
I would love to fish that hole lake and find the big perch that have to reside under the ice....as well as the crappies.  I have an idea where to fish for them, but....

Chris - I have drilled everywhere on that lake and never found a concentration of  either. When you get them they are nice but no rhyme or reason. We left the other day with a nice pail of fish but also cut alot of holes.
Only place left to explore is the main lake basin. Once winter sets in im sure theres perch to be found along with some suspended crappies. For whatever reason it has never been a "big numbers" lake...

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
morningside is a small pond right by sullivan county collage gps for 11 morningside rd hurleyville ny   but i am not joking about the size  they are small a 8 inch gill is big there. if you are bringing kids its the place to teach them how to jig!!! alot of action a few times a day

thanks. want to find places with good action on gills to test out jigs

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
was out on superior with 5 inches of ice today. only caught 3 pickrel and 1 small perch on tip-up, and 3 jacks and 8 other nice perch, 2 big gills all on my jiggin!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
BC, I stayed till MOON ::) came up , But I did get a bite going  between 3pm  to about 4:30 .. mostly of the tips, alot of misses but managed to release three small lmb a pretty decent size pick  on the  :tipup: too/ one small lmb on the jig and lost the only perch at the hole. I am glad we met and looking forward to meeting on the ice again.  Did you find that deli? ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
thanks. want to find places with good action on gills to test out jigs
then this is the place you need to be come 3 pm everyday!!!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
then this is the place you need to be come 3 pm everyday!!!
deff gonna give it a try

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
gl and have fun and never get stuck on using 1 jig cause its hott,  lol its hard for me to not get something they dont show some interest in.....

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Chris - I have drilled everywhere on that lake and never found a concentration of  either. When you get them they are nice but no rhyme or reason. We left the other day with a nice pail of fish but also cut alot of holes.
Only place left to explore is the main lake basin. Once winter sets in im sure theres perch to be found along with some suspended crappies. For whatever reason it has never been a "big numbers" lake...

It use to have many nice perch but it seems in the last 5-10 years,  it has a lot of little perch.  We probably could have had a bucket load this weekend but some jackrabbit (me) forgot to get mousies because my wife volunteered me help someone move.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Chris - I have drilled everywhere on that lake and never found a concentration of  either. When you get them they are nice but no rhyme or reason. We left the other day with a nice pail of fish but also cut alot of holes.

are you talking about Highland Lake ?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
party going strong. :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
party going strong. :P
i think i hear sufferns fire tones ... ;) ;D

Offline morning2nightFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Has any one been by the West Branch res. by rt 301. Any info on the ie there. thanx.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i think i hear sufferns fire tones ... ;) ;D

nah, that's just the guys being loud and singing X-mas carols  :whistle:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nah, that's just the guys being loud and singing X-mas carols  :whistle:
i'm afraid to go down there...have you ever see drunk firemen in action ?????.... ;) ;D :woot: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
party was fun. no arrests! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
HEY POOLEY! ANY WORD ON HARRIMAN OR GREENWOOD?     

EVERYTHING NEAR ME HAS ABOUT 3".......
greenwood is getting there, but they have bubblers going up the middle of both arms in the north, and across the lake by the beach. it may be tricky. my buddy lives there, so i'll keep you up to date. harriman will be a couple of weeks probably.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
greenwood is getting there, but they have bubblers going up the middle of both arms in the north, and across the lake by the beach. it may be tricky. my buddy lives there, so i'll keep you up to date. harriman will be a couple of weeks probably.
CAN'T WAIT!  IT WILL BE NICE TO TRAVEL 20 MIN INSTEAD OF 1-2 HRS........

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
CAN'T WAIT!  IT WILL BE NICE TO TRAVEL 20 MIN INSTEAD OF 1-2 HRS........

sometimes the fishing is better when you drive the 1-2 hrs  :)

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
Drove through Harriman today happy to report that everything was locked up. You could see where people had thrown big rocks onto the ice did not go through. Hopefully another week or so of cold and we could be on there!
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
sometimes the fishing is better when you drive the 1-2 hrs  :)
THAT'S TRUE, BUT THE OLD LADY IS HAPPIER WHEN I COME HOME IN 5 HRS INSTEAD OF 8 (ESPECIALLY IF THE BREWS ARE FLOWING-WHICH THEY USUALLY ARE) 

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
THAT'S TRUE, BUT THE OLD LADY IS HAPPIER WHEN I COME HOME IN 5 HRS INSTEAD OF 8 (ESPECIALLY IF THE BREWS ARE FLOWING-WHICH THEY USUALLY ARE) 
i guess thats how i am lucky      but my old lady dont seem to mind if i come home !!! lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I signed up to the team ice shanty online tourney , imagine those monster toothy critters in greenwood lake may make a nice potrait  ;D I'm looking forward to harriman too.. be safe and enjoy a great season.
lonelywolf lol

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I am looking forward to getting out this weekend in sullivan co.  :tipup: :)
images.jpeg

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am looking forward to getting out this weekend in sullivan co.  :tipup: :)
where ya thinkin of going???

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
laurel meadow pond in the morning. Finally!!! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Guys !!!!   Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/lYaaVcsmvr1Pj7GH

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hey Guys !!!!   Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/lYaaVcsmvr1Pj7GH
that is great topher! LOL!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that is great topher! LOL!
merry xmas to all youse folks.....burpppp... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Merry Christmas my fellow icenuts!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.