New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096363 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Looks like you have some work cut out for you to empy the cooler first, to then fill it with fish.  ;)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I think I'll just use up all my bait, and then put em in my bait bucket...it's big enough ;D

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
here is the hourly wind forcast for highland... I've fished in much worse. The wind is going to be half that up here.  Set those shelters up early!
http://beta.intellicast.com/Local/Hourly.aspx?chart=Wind&location=USNY0657&day=Next%20Day

Thanks Jimmy, just what I thought and I was there at 3 PM with the winds whipping right in my face at the sand beach bar.

My concern is the slush and ATVs getting stuck right as we enter the ice.

Where do you IS guys plan to fish in relation to the bar?

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
You may get lucky with the wind tonight blowing alot of the snow off and the colder temps firming up the slush.  We got a little over an inch, but the lake up here is cleaned off back to bare ice with the wind today.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
holehawg
What truck you driving over. I'll have a 4 door 4x4 blue dodge Dakota. I'll be parking in the back . How is the wind by you guy ?If it bad I might have to fish the cove. Maybe we'll fish by you guy we'll have food & a lot of beer & back Berry. LoneWolf from iceshanty will be with us
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Jimmy, just what I thought and I was there at 3 PM with the winds whipping right in my face at the sand beach bar.

My concern is the slush and ATVs getting stuck right as we enter the ice.

Where do you IS guys plan to fish in relation to the bar?

Gary
  ;) yeah gary your right....those folks shouldnt bother comimg out for it.... ;) ;) ;) ;)...and that cove is shallow and lousey for fishing... ;) ;) ;) ;) maybe me and topher will just sit at the bar .... ;) ;) ;) ;)...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
holehawg
What truck you driving over. I'll have a 4 door 4x4 blue dodge Dakota. I'll be parking in the back . How is the wind by you guy ?If it bad I might have to fish the cove. Maybe we'll fish by you guy we'll have food & a lot of beer & back Berry. LoneWolf from iceshanty will be with us
shawn i got 4 door blue dodge dakota like yours....i'll be parking in the back by the mills property.....be good to hook up with you and lonewolf.....  ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wind shouldn't be an issue....if you don't see the blue Dodge, you won't be able to miss the Danger Ranger.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
   i'm used to breezy...first time fishing with yo and pooley on highland last year..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D photo complements of the pooley man..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ....also notice the bud lite can next to the bait bucket....thats a pro move... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I expect some pics with fish and beers and HoleHawg and Topher in them.  Don't get your panties all in a bunch cause of some wind and a little slush.  :nono:  You don't have to wear the cape but I want to see the big yellow "S" On your chest! :flex:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i think between the wind and the cold it wont be so bad....besides...i aint sitting at home with blondzilla watching me pound brewski's .....she doesnt like me to be idle and relaxed...pee's her off  or some women thingy like that... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
somebody let me know if the tourney is on, i only have 8 shiners on reserve and want to know if i need to bring my own bait.
lonelywolf lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
tourney is on ...they give ya a dozen shiners when ya pay the fee..... but do not sell  bait as far as i know.....

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
A dozen is just fine! i got mousies and my secret weapons ;) 
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
tourney is on ...they give ya a dozen shiners when ya pay the fee..... but do not sell  bait as far as i know.....

he can have my dozen from there...I got plenty.. ;)   this bucket holds, well a bucket full...I think I have about 4+ dozen in it

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher....is the gman about a meduim in size...i have a new camo jacket and pants with surspenders that i brought for the boy but he only wore them once...like brand new ...insulated...i dont really wanna toss them cause i paid about 125 bucks for them....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah i'm loving mine....nice and roomy ....i like the air tube in the slot design...plus i put the bait receit in a plastic lisc. holder on its lid rim...very nice tricked out in shanty stickers... ;) ;D

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Do we need the shanty card like you are holding there in your pics Hawg?
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no...we was just doing that for here....gary... ;D ;D ;D

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys... look at Topher multi-task! He is a "One-Handed Pecker!"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah i'm loving mine....nice and roomy ....i like the air tube in the slot design...plus i put the bait receit in a plastic lisc. holder on its lid rim...very nice tricked out in shanty stickers... ;) ;D

thanks for the sticker reminder...gotta find the ones out in the garage...when i go out to finish loading the sled....tonite ;)

Don't know how this will come out but here's a little video of the new baby...it's a little dark, but crank up the volume, you'll get a kick out of it  ;)

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll174/Kildato/?action=view&current=PICT0021-5.flv

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys... look at Topher multi-task! He is a "One-Handed Pecker!"  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

(Image removed from quote.)
lmao...tfb...how ya doing ???????????? getting back to normal ??????????? congrats on that little lady..... :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: hope ya dont mind me stealing ya man for a few hrs sat... we gotta go man up at this gig.... ;) ;D

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
lmao...tfb...how ya doing ???????????? getting back to normal ??????????? congrats on that little lady..... :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: hope ya dont mind me stealing ya man for a few hrs sat... we gotta go man up at this gig.... ;) ;D

I think that would require that I was "normal" to begin with...  :woot: but, yes,  we are settling in nicely. You can borrow him... if we spend too much time together, we tend to want to kill each other. Good luck at the tournament!
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
she's beautiful TFB!! sounds like she's been hanging with joe though! :roflmao:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
she's beautiful TFB!! sounds like she's been hanging with joe though! :roflmao:
funny ya say that pooley...i kept waiting for them to say that in the vid....lmao...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I have to hose down the computer and disinfect it now .... Don't need Mrs JimmyClaude getting that virus from looking at and handling beautiful babies.  :-\

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
btw jimmy c good luck with team this weekend...hope ya folks win a bunch..... :thumbsup:

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
How Thick is the ice on highland?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How Thick is the ice on highland?
when i last left it ...aound 10 inches....burp.... ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dang topher...i'm raring to go.....rods are rigged for crappie....sled packed ...auger gased up...i gotta go down to the inn and drink off some of this energy or i'll never sleep tonight.... ;) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.