New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096200 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
At least a foot. The ice now has water under the snow!
:'( :-\ :P :'( :-\ :P :'( :-\ :P
Time to come North Pooley
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline iceman92

• IceShanty Rookie
i am either goin to highland contest or moringside contest. wanting on the crew to make up there mind. i heard highland has some nice fish in it. is it a big lake wit a lotof room or does it pack up fast?.
icefishing animal (only happy when im on the ice)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey... I have it by good authority that they are in the water and under the Ice ;)  good luck Guys
omg. ;)..ya mean their not at the bar ....2 stools away from the beer tap ?????????????????????????? ;D ;D ;D.... iceman92 its a big lake ...just walk it and see.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
also ditto what topher said ..they do a great job.. giving kids medals and prizes...food and drinks...pete the sand bar owner opens his place up as the tourney HQ....very nicely ran day by great folks..... :) if i didnt catch a fish all day i still wouldnt miss it.....althou i did miss it one year when my bucket of tip-ups never left the bars porch for 8 hrs.... ;) blondezilla was impressed with that performance.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
also ditto what topher said ..they do a great job.. giving kids medals and prizes...food and drinks...pete the sand bar owner opens his place up as the tourney HQ....very nicely ran day by great folks..... :) if i didnt catch a fish all day i still wouldnt miss it.....althou i did miss it one year when my bucket of tip-ups never left the bars porch for 8 hrs.... ;) blondezilla was impressed with that performance.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Did Topher take over Blonzilla's job of keeping you on the straight and narrow?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
heck no....But we did get a pic of a guy in a leopardskin fur coat though.... ;) and no it wasn't Holehawg...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good thing you reminded me of that photo topher. :)..i gotta make a copy of that guy brian the measure guy for over petes bar.... ;) ;D....and jimmyc...sometimes even holehawg strays from the path of goodness toward the devils juice...lmao...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
devils juice...lmao...

Demon brown liquor! :nono: >:D :pinch: :sick: >:D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i.m about to stray again... ;) ;D i'm off from now till monday morning 8:30....burp... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
i.m about to stray again... ;) ;D i'm off from now till monday morning 8:30....burp... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  hey just realized me too,hiccup oops better not do that at work! looked for ya this morning had a trouble call 'round the corner from ya.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  hey just realized me too,hiccup oops better not do that at work! looked for ya this morning had a trouble call 'round the corner from ya.

i  had to go into work to keep the school save and clean for our childern.... ;) ;D.....they will destory it by tomorrow... :o ;) ;D.....

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
i hear ya , had to go there tuesday night and and get everything working again

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i told everybody at work not to bug  me these next 3 days...its all fishing ...beering... and rest from problems.... ;) ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
i told everybody at work not to bug  me these next 3 days...its all fishing ...beering... and rest from problems.... ;) ;D

Laddie... May your only problems be what to do with all yer winnings from the derby.  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Laddie... May your only problems be what to do with all yer winnings from the derby.  ;)
   laddie ????????????  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: well ...it is close to st. paddys day...i become holehawg o'reilly then..... :pinch: :wacko:

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:.......now i believe i might just have a pull of the tal. dew jug before nappy time.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ok, license purchased, new bait bucket and bait purchased....now just gotta wait it out til Saturday !...Hey, I'm off til Monday too...as soon as 5:00 hits that is....Holehawg, what size bucket did you get? I just picked up that 4.25 gallon Frabill min-o-life with aerator...that's why side jobs work so nice....they pay for the toys ;)

Jimmy, I know that soemtimes people have to stretch before they do strenuous things...those yoga positions look like the cool down post activity...and look very " painless"

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Now if those Weee tiny men would stop trippin me flaggs...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ok, license purchased, new bait bucket and bait purchased....now just gotta wait it out til Saturday !...Hey, I'm off til Monday too...as soon as 5:00 hits that is....Holehawg, what size bucket did you get? I just picked up that 4.25 gallon Frabill min-o-life with aerator...that's why side jobs work so nice....they pay for the toys ;)

Jimmy, I know that soemtimes people have to stretch before they do strenuous things...those yoga positions look like the cool down post activity...and look very " painless"
great minds think alike topher........new hawg bait pail.................. .

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
We Irish are flexible lot.... Stout... Ale... Black and tan....porter....lambi c...pilsner... Burp!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
great minds think alike topher........new hawg bait pail.................. .(Image removed from quote.)
There is alot of plastic on that .... I was expectorating something turned on the Lathe.  With cup holders

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We Irish are flexible lot.... Stout... Ale... Black and tan....porter....lambi c...pilsner... Burp!
take your pick jimmy....i'm on a mission this weekend............... .. ;) ;D.........

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
There is alot of plastic on that .... I was expectorating something turned on the Lathe.  With cup holders
   maybe a slide out cook top. too ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
can barely pull out there what i got now.....getting soft with this new job.... ;) ;D

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
can barely pull out there what i got now.....getting soft with this new job.... ;) ;D
   just have to start early so's it gets lighter as ya go

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i need a 4 wheeler 4x4......getting too lazy to hump the gear the old way..... ;) ;D....

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have the 4 wheeler and the shanty and stopped at the sand beach bar today and it don't look so good for us.

Appears to be snow on top of water/slush and then ice. Winds predicted (if we can trust that) to be out of the west at 10 -17 MPH or same as today and it was dreadful there at sand beach.

I would want to be on the other side directly west and to the north in that cove for some wind protection but I sure hope the ice and slush solidify between tonight and tomorrow.

The best I can do without the RZR doing the drag will be about 200 yards off the shore and right in the path of the winds.

I will take another ride up after work tomorrow to check the ice and hope the wind gods give us a break for Saturday if the ATVs will be sunk.

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
here is the hourly wind forcast for highland... I've fished in much worse. The wind is going to be half that up here.  Set those shelters up early!
http://beta.intellicast.com/Local/Hourly.aspx?chart=Wind&location=USNY0657&day=Next%20Day

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have the 4 wheeler and the shanty and stopped at the sand beach bar today and it don't look so good for us.

Appears to be snow on top of water/slush and then ice. Winds predicted (if we can trust that) to be out of the west at 10 -17 MPH or same as today and it was dreadful there at sand beach.

I would want to be on the other side directly west and to the north in that cove for some wind protection but I sure hope the ice and slush solidify between tonight and tomorrow.

The best I can do without the RZR doing the drag will be about 200 yards off the shore and right in the path of the winds.

I will take another ride up after work tomorrow to check the ice and hope the wind gods give us a break for Saturday if the ATVs will be sunk.

Gary

worse come to worse, we could always just leave the tip ups on the porch and sit inside for a day ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.