New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096234 times)

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
shawn if you need any other info pm me.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
twas a close one fellas...wifezilla tried to plan a trip down to long island to see her sis on the sat. of highland tourney...had us a good old fashion stand off over here.... :flex: :flex: :flex: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
   Thought i heard a ruckus down thata way ! ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
   Thought i heard a ruckus down thata way ! ;D
yep nieghbor.... i almost had to draw the 40 s & w on her ....but the mace did its magic ...we'll try to keep it down next time... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ohhh  yeah  mschott....almost forgot...wanna join in on feb. 13 highland lake ?????????? 20.00 bucks buys in a dozen free bait ...all ya can eat and drink...sounds like some shanty guys are gonna attend again.... :)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no problemo...5 it is....
say 5-ish...i dont think check in is till 6 or 7 anyway..gotta get our names and $$$$$$$$$$ in ... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
gives us time to grab a pre-tourney cocktail  ;) or 2...or for me if I'm late again  ::) although I shouldn't be, everything but the bait is packed up in the garage ready to go

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
well, we have to check ice conditions across the area, so i can pick lake, and a date, like feb. 20th. ;)

Is this the date your throwing out Pooley?  ???
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we got alittle snow here topher..nothing big ...i get lucky tomorrow...a day off from work...i'm gonna find some ice somewhere and fish.... ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Good luck at the tourney Guys... but leave something for our gathering ;) 
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we got alittle snow here topher..nothing big ...i get lucky tomorrow...a day off from work...i'm gonna find some ice somewhere and fish.... ;D

lucky you....I pretty much am done fishing til Highland...

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Who all are going to Fallsburg this saturday??? ???
WE are getting our grub and goodies together already!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
lucky you....I pretty much am done fishing til Highland...

I'm feeling sorry for ya Topher :'(

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It's ok, I have plenty of work still to keep me busy til then....Cameryn will be here Wednesday.....gotta have everything ready... ;D

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular

I just was thinking the same thing.  My brother and I (possibly my uncle and cousin and daughter).  We will have a black shanty up.  We will have the country music cranking and the stove working.  Hopefully the flags cranking too. We will be easy to find if we hook something nice ;D.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
where in fallsburg?.. i was thinking about up that way but its suppose to be bitter cold all weekend!
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I just was thinking the same thing.  My brother and I (possibly my uncle and cousin and daughter).  We will have a black shanty up.  We will have the country music cranking and the stove working.  Hopefully the flags cranking too. We will be easy to find if we hook something nice ;D.

which lk?..you setting tip-ups !!! mine are the old fashing ones.. i keep thinking about having to keep cleaning them holes in sub zero temps! it is weekends this cold that i want a shanty
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
what's going on in fallsburg? morningside tourney? I am thinking about it if it isn't blustery.. i don't mind sub temps , it is the windchill if it is going to be windy weekend.  hey pooley what do you think is going on with harriman?
lonelywolf lol

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
which lk?..you setting tip-ups !!! mine are the old fashing ones.. i keep thinking about having to keep cleaning them holes in sub zero temps! it is weekends this cold that i want a shanty

Echo Lake.  South fallsburg fire dept tourney. $8 a man.  They will have bait for sale on site.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Echo Lake.  South fallsburg fire dept tourney. $8 a man.  They will have bait for sale on site.
I thought echo lk was closed to ice fishing? ..I know that pond and what is in it.. the state inhereted that estate and the abandoned manchant ..i heard it was owned by the late cartoon artist bugs bunny, is this the place in ulster county or another echoe private lk in fallsburg ? because it doesn;t compute on the DEC site.
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Is this the date your throwing out Pooley?  ???
yes! someone caught it! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yes! someone caught it! ;D

Halfway there !    just let us know what lake, we'll show up  ;)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
i was looking for echoe lk in fallsburg on  google maps ,can't find it ..what st or around fallsburg? is it sat or sunday?
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
probably huntington, unless greenwood gets better. there is a great mix of species in greenwood. i'd hate to see some get a large musky though! ::) ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
probably huntington, unless greenwood gets better. there is a great mix of species in greenwood. i'd hate to see some get a large musky though! ::) ;D

yes that would be awful   ::)

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
On Google they call it Alta lake,We all know it as Echo lake.
It's this saturday from 7 am to 3 pm.
You turn off 42 by the old theater and follow the road about 2 miles and the lake is on the left.
Registration is on the far end of the lake as you drive in.
You can bring 4 wheelers ,they must be registered and ins. Don't forget your helmets the DEC will be there ::)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!

What's wrong with greenwood?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
2 different lakes jimmy c....pooley i'm good  with the 20th of feb.... :)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
i'm going to have to pass on that echo tourney meet >:( I might get in some ice fishing sunday at best due to having to hang closer to home this weekend. glta and post some pics here  ;) i didn't even ask what kind of species and how deep is this pond/lake ?
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
good friday night all, the temp is low 20s as of 9:30pm.. been well belowfreezing over 48 hrs and it likely to stay below 32f this weekend so, and with all due respect ,can anyone predict what the local ice fishing forecast is looking like for this weekend in you know  (pooley)palisades park  ::)? sheesh , i'm so much into t-o-o-i jiggin
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
What's wrong with greenwood?
nothing some cold won't help.  ;D

everything is closed, but i will shake things up by next week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.