The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Van Everest  (Read 5430 times)

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Van Everest
« Reply #30 on: Mar 16, 2019, 07:13 PM »
did anyone get out today.  The wind was bad. I'll try tomorrow.  Can you still drive off the ramp ?

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 17, 2019, 03:09 PM »
to answer my post...went down today ..ramp is better than ever. a few people driving out. just a crack near shore.  Oh and two airplanes near the shore and a guy with a ice rig that looked like a boat with a sail. don't see that everyday. Got enough for dinner...no yellow bellies thou

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2019, 03:12 PM »
back down there again today. drove off the ramp and went south . stopped in front of the last camp before the small bay. fished in about 25' to 30' . nice day with no wind.  out from 10 to 1 pm. steady bite..brought home a couple dozen 8" plus and put same amount back down the hole.

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 26, 2019, 02:37 PM »
went out today . could not believe how many people were out . nice day...the bite was slow for me but i only fished for a couple of hours at mid day. heading back down tomorrow earlier . ice still good . guys out on atv's .. a little slush near shore

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 28, 2019, 04:25 PM »
went back earlier yesterday ..had to move around a lot just to get a dozen or so 8" plus.  a good number of people out...seemed a lot were moving too.  nice day weather wise . plans to go back today but the south wind was in the 18 mph range . the forecast does not look too good.  >:(

Offline stick eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Went out today..nice temp wise but about a 18 mph south wind. went to the north of the ramp. still about 16 " of ice. got about 20 or so keepers...put back a lot of dinks. top ice was getting soft when i left around 3:30 . didn't need a plank to get on, stepped onto the retaining wall, which has about 2 " of water over it then just watch the cracks .  I will be bringing a plank on the next outing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.