Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Snow dog type machine build

(1/12) > >>

Garrett:
I am in progress of building a snowdog type machine using a late 80's Arctic cat cougar as a parts sled that was given to me. Only need a few more parts to get ordered before I start assembling the beast. Anybody else looking at their on ice transportation already and thinking ice wont come soon enough?

Its going to be low powered only using a 6.5hp engine, and gearing (If my math is right) should be about 25MPH max. Should be plenty for this build. If I like it, I plan on building another using a larger motor with electric start.

Junkie4Ice:
Awesome! Post some pics when you get'er finished! I've never seen one in action before but they look pretty sweet!

Picked up an old '85 Honda ATC 110 3 wheeler the other weekend. I grew up on one and have always wanted my own so it'll double as my ice fishing transportation this winter. Come to find out they also float if it were to break through the ice too! Doesn't need much work but i'll be giving her a nice little tune up before this season. Depending how it treks through the snow I've been thinking about rigging up a ski for the front of it.

DR.SPECKLER:
i put kold kutter ice racing screws in my tires on a baja warrior minibike i have just sitting around.250 in each tire.going to make a quick release hitch hook up and it will be ready to pull my gear out.already bought the hitch for my shelters.may not be to fast but it will hook up.ive seen videos of them racing on the ice.thats not me and i don't care if i have to keep my feet on the ice to go..going to beat walking and it doesn't take too much room in the back of my truck.light too.i would love a snow dog style sled.snowmobile is a pain with no trailer and loading it in a truck sucks by yourself.

HardH20Fishin:
junkie4ice,
 I have a honda 3-wheeler too that I converted for ice fishing. Trust me, don't just do a single ski for the front. I copied a version on you-tube a guy did a while ago. search you-tube for "three wheeler ice fishing" and watch the video done by In-Depth Outdoors about the "ski-wheeler". Really simple ski design for the front that is really stable and amazingly effective.  Cost me $40 for a good set of old skis with the leaf springs, then about $15-$20 in steel to weld together. Works great. I'll try to upload some pics later...have to go find them now that photobucket is holding my pic library hostage.

Tight lines....

Junkie4Ice:

--- Quote from: HardH20Fishin on Aug 24, 2017, 09:52 PM ---junkie4ice,
 I have a honda 3-wheeler too that I converted for ice fishing. Trust me, don't just do a single ski for the front. I copied a version on you-tube a guy did a while ago. search you-tube for "three wheeler ice fishing" and watch the video done by In-Depth Outdoors about the "ski-wheeler". Really simple ski design for the front that is really stable and amazingly effective.  Cost me $40 for a good set of old skis with the leaf springs, then about $15-$20 in steel to weld together. Works great. I'll try to upload some pics later...have to go find them now that photobucket is holding my pic library hostage.

Tight lines....

--- End quote ---

That is ridiculously awesome!! If you find the pics please share! Do you know if there is any way to switch between the ski and wheel or once you weld the steel is it strictly an ice machine? I had to watch the youtube video without sound since I'm at work so maybe they covered this in the video. I kind of want to be able to use the 3wheeler in the summer with my son too but I might have to get a second one because that design looks awesome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version