Author Topic: took the plunge today  (Read 1136 times)

Offline rayclargo

• IceShanty Rookie
took the plunge today
« on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:33 PM »
 NO i didn't dip into the water??? I go so tired today trying to drill just three holes through 15 inches of ice with my manual auger. Sat all afternoon and no fish (well one goby if you want to call that a fish) didn't help either. So when i got home, cleaned driveways had supper, ORDERED my new electric auger. Strikemaster lithium lazer 8". I will give a review after it arrives. Reeds said i should have it by feb.2.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: took the plunge today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:36 PM »
That's an unreal price they have right now on the lithium Lazer! Congrats! I have an Ion, you'll love the no hassle of electric...

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:40 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I won't be parting company anytime soon from my K-drill.
Bud

Offline chasdc1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:51 PM »
You'll love it! :)

Offline pikebait360

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2015, 01:56 PM »
I took a similar action about a week ago I purchased  a propane powered auger got tired of  hand drilling through 12 to15 inches of ice all the time. I also had shoulder surgery over the summer. I now have the jiffy pro4 used it for the first time yesterday drilled about 20 holes work excellent no gas no priming and no choke needed starts first pull. More fishing time less drilling time

Offline rayclargo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:43 PM »
I know what you mean pike, bad shoulders. It got so that i had things set up i wouldn't move cause i didn't want to drill any more new holes. Golden years my a$$

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:49 PM »
  Love my Nills with 18 v. drill !!!!! ;D  ;D  :tipup:  :tipup:

Offline NamVet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:12 AM »
You'll be happy with it, I'm pretty sure.  I bought my Strikemaster Lazer 12000 electric a couple years ago.  At the time I heard from a number of guys saying I should have bought a gas model auger.  Well, for me I didn't want to mess with gas, starting issues, etc.   I don't drill hundreds of holes when I go out.  Usually I drill a dozen or so and have found the unit handles that many with ease.  I do carry a spare battery just in case, but have not needed it so far.  I'm an old timer, 69 yrs. old, so doing a lot of hole hopping isn't as appealing as it once was.  I'm out there for the enjoyment and relaxation that ice fishing gives me.  I may not catch as many as some folks, but that's just my thing.  I take some food, a couple of cold ones and just relax in my Clam Vista. Good luck with your new toy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.