Author Topic: Books on crappie  (Read 1746 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Books on crappie
« on: Feb 03, 2011, 11:36 AM »
I have been doing a lot of reading this winter, so what is your favorite book on ice fishing crappie? I just finished the book on Bluegill by Dave Genz.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Books on crappie
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Outside of going through the threads here, maybe http://www.in-fisherman.com/panfish reasonable articles. Even then much of the "new" techniques and approach's for this year are things we've done/talked about for years if not decades. Just the newest variation of a bait is presented in a new light

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2011, 07:42 PM »
I ordered the old in fisherman Crappie wisdom book by Al Linder, I'm sure I will learn something new from it, I know it covers all the seasons, but I like to read in bed when I can't sleep. I see some other books but never heard of them before? The problem with most crappie books are they are from guys from the southern states, I don't care what anyone says our crappies up in the north don't respond the same way, and we don't have reservoirs we have natural lakes.

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 06:19 PM »
This one is very good. Don't pay what they are asking, it is way outta line for a book; must be outta print. Then again I have most of the series, and wouldn't part with um for 3 x the price of a new one  ;D.

http://www.amazon.com/Hooked-Ice-Fishing-II-Beginners/dp/0873414896/ref=sr_1_1_4

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:04 AM »
For some reason that book is really expensive, I searched all over the net and the best price I found for the book "used" was $28? It must be out of print?

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Think it went for $6 when I got my copy. More useful info running around loose here than in it, nice to have around but nowhere near being essential, especially at that price

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2011, 09:45 PM »
i like to read fishing books too.. i got a bunch of the north American fisherman books off ebay.. 4 to 8 bucks each... pretty dang good but not the best ever,has pics but not color.. the best i have found is the equipment tips and tricks book by the freshwater angler series. amazing read and tons of color pics and even some really inventive ice fishing tricks..they also have a book just on ice fishing that pretty good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.