Author Topic: Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)  (Read 232 times)

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)
« on: Feb 21, 2024, 02:42 PM »
This trip, I'm back on the ice (after a mini-thaw) with my underwater camera.  We lost about 1" of slush ice w/ temps in the 50's, but then the cold came back & set things up again.

The day before I really lit them up fishing in snow squalls, but due to operator error - I lost that video.  ::).  Everything was biting that day including a bullhead catfish on the jigstick + a giant wild shiner.  The shiners are hard to hook b/c they have small mouths.  I've caught a few bullheads jigging over the years, but it's fairly rare for me.

So, this is the follow day....the bite was still very good....but not as crazy as when the snow was flying.

Check it out if you have some time...

Offline fishercat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: Bass + Panfish on the Jigstick (Underwater view!)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2024, 02:55 PM »
Great video Jiggy I don't have a camera but you make me think about getting one. ;D

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2024, 04:10 PM »
Nice video
Master Laker taker.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2024, 08:09 AM »
Great video Jiggy I don't have a camera but you make me think about getting one. ;D

You can get a handheld one online for ~$100 (Amazon).  Well worth the $ over something like a FF or flasher.  For the price, I don't think you can beat it for fishing <20' in semi-clear water.  Over 30', you're better off w/ a FF or flasher or similar.  20'-30' is a hassle, but do-able in very clear water.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.