Author Topic: Winter's back!  (Read 1437 times)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Winter's back!
« on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:49 PM »
For a couple more days, go get ya some!!!

Fish on!

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Winter's back!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:55 PM »
Ha!!!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:18 AM »
I know I just got done shoveling it. lol  that's twice now this season.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2020, 05:18 AM »
I got the shovel out but have not used it yet. The 1 1/4 we got isn't enough to bother it.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:39 AM »
Too bad snow doesn't make ice!
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2020, 09:46 AM »
Were not getting anymore ice this year.  I've fished a few times, hope to get out a couple more and that's it.  Just don't seem to get enough of it anymore.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Like my shovel I didn't even get my pop-up out of shed or any of the cold weather gear for ice fishing. I only got one rod out that I use for crappie. Out of the 5 or 6 times I got out I only needed the auger once since the holes from the prior day were still easily opened. I'll put a fresh charge on the vex tonight and put it away along with the ice bucket and pole. I'm not much for long expensive road trips to places that's normally a crap shot if you catch fish.  I'll put my hopes on next season.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:29 PM »
There's fishable ice in northern Indiana and I'll be on some Saturday.  50s and rain will most likely end it next week,  but I've been wrong before.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Minus 8 degrees this morning in Wheatfield.

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Got 6"-8" of that white stuff in Hobart yesterday. Was 8 degrees with sun on thermometer when I got up this morning. V Day is the usual end of good ice around here. But back in the 90's I remember jumping over open water along shore onto 6"-8" of good ice the first of March. Cycle, it's all a cycle, INMO. If your lucky enough to live long enough you'll get to see it, said the old man!!! ;D ;D
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:02 AM »
Got 6"-8" of that white stuff in Hobart yesterday. Was 8 degrees with sun on thermometer when I got up this morning. V Day is the usual end of good ice around here. But back in the 90's I remember jumping over open water along shore onto 6"-8" of good ice the first of March. Cycle, it's all a cycle, INMO. If your lucky enough to live long enough you'll get to see it, said the old man!!! ;D ;D
Teach
IT IS JUST A NUMBER. I USED TO SAY, "I DONT WANT TO LIVE PAST??????' NOW THAT I HAVE ALMOST REACHED THAT NUMBER I GUESS I HAVE TO UP THE ANTIE. HAHA

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:24 AM »
We got about 2 more inches of the fluffy stuff here in western Noble County last night. About 4 inches on the ground now. NWS said we would probably get less than an inch. Apparently they were off a little.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.