Author Topic: Chumming  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Chumming
« on: Dec 11, 2021, 11:40 PM »
Hey guys gearing up for a trip in March and was wondering if it’s legal to chum through the ice.  I can’t find anything in your reg book that specifically states no chumming so I thought I’d ask here instead.  Also is it legal to shine lights through the ice so you can see the bottom at night, all the regs say is you can’t use light to attract fish.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Chumming
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:40 PM »
Hey guys gearing up for a trip in March and was wondering if it’s legal to chum through the ice.  I can’t find anything in your reg book that specifically states no chumming so I thought I’d ask here instead.  Also is it legal to shine lights through the ice so you can see the bottom at night, all the regs say is you can’t use light to attract fish.

Not sure about the light but I have chummed in the past, especially when white fish jigging.
We could go ask the CO's when you get into town.  ;)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Chumming
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2021, 09:07 PM »
Thanks bud we’ll defiantly have to check on the chumming.  I think I’m just going to leave the lights at home.  I’m bringing enough crap and the last thing I need to worry about is some fragile bulbs that won’t work unless I’m fishing clear water and shallow water.  I’ll have to pick up some whitefish jigs when I get there, our tackle stores suck around here and only stock stuff for little dink trout and salmon.  I’m bringing whitefish with me and a pile of hooligan so Ive got bait pretty well covered but more would defiantly be nice.  I want to try soaking some very big baits.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.