Author Topic: Home made bay runner  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Walleyeking2014

• IceShanty Rookie
Home made bay runner
« on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:13 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has made a homemade bay runner style ice house. I was thinking of making One and any tips or pictures would be appreciated my main questions would be how to go about cutting the floor on a sled, how to do the windows and how to do the door the frame would be pretty easy i would think but who knows.

Offline ADK11

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Home made bay runner
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:15 PM »
It would be pretty tough doing a fabric shanty, but would be one hell of a project. Giving the post a bump to see if anyone has ideas...would be pretty interesting if you did it right!
Loving the Adirondacks.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2015, 02:51 AM »
Be even better if someone was to design a kit for a couple of different manufactures of sled.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline steelheader32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2015, 12:42 PM »
Bumping this post to see if anyone has attempts this over the off season. Would be nice to have a 2 person version to pull behind a machine

Offline BuschaLatte

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ope!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2023, 10:00 AM »
I'm just going to bump this, as I'm going to pickup a bayrunner this weekend used.

Plan on reverse engineering it to make a diy-able thing. 

Quick thoughts.  Fabric will be the hardest part - I think I may call a custom canvas place about this.  There's a few on the web that do insulated ones.

Plan to have deployable feet/smitty - that way the holes aren't so much in danger of getting messed up on a regular sled.

Thinking i'll base it around the Jet Sled Magnum - so 71x44 - which would give more space.  However they sell their mini Magnum which is the same size of the BR2 i believe - 60x44.
Ope! hey there bud, be sure to tell your folks I says hi

Keep wild places wild, be a good role model for young ones, keep public lands and accesses clean so we never lose them.

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2023, 08:03 PM »
I'm just going to bump this, as I'm going to pickup a bayrunner this weekend used.

Plan on reverse engineering it to make a diy-able thing. 

Quick thoughts.  Fabric will be the hardest part - I think I may call a custom canvas place about this.  There's a few on the web that do insulated ones.

Plan to have deployable feet/smitty - that way the holes aren't so much in danger of getting messed up on a regular sled.

Thinking i'll base it around the Jet Sled Magnum - so 71x44 - which would give more space.  However they sell their mini Magnum which is the same size of the BR2 i believe - 60x44.

If your looking for an easy way to assemble pipes of some sort check out https://makerpipe.com/. I am not affiliated with them at all. Just came across them when trying to do some DIY of my own. Really cool and easy way to connect 1/2" or 3/4" conduit.

Offline mugsy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2023, 08:32 PM »
If your looking for an easy way to assemble pipes of some sort check out https://makerpipe.com/. I am not affiliated with them at all. Just came across them when trying to do some DIY of my own. Really cool and easy way to connect 1/2" or 3/4" conduit.
maker pipe fittings are AWESOME

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.