The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Nimrod - electric drill auger adapter?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline jnick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Necedah, WI
Nimrod - electric drill auger adapter?
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 05:52 PM »
http://www.icefishnimrod.com/

Has anyone tried one of these nimrod adaptors that lets you turn a hand auger into a electric auger by using a household drill?  there demo video looks too easy and I cant imagine your batteries last for very many holes?  if anyones tried one, let me know please.

Thanks
Jason

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Nimrod - electric drill auger adapter?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2005, 07:30 PM »
The problem with the nimrod is that if it comes out of your drill it will go straight down the hole. If you buy one of these modifiy it so it will not go down the hole if it come out of the drill.  You must have at least a 18v drill of good quality or it will just strip out the gears in the drill. You should get about 15 holes per batt with a 6" auger.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

stinky

Re: Nimrod - electric drill auger adapter?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2005, 08:44 PM »
 Like fishdaddy says figure out how to put a disc or something on it to keep it from going thru the hole. Otherwise go on ebay type in ice fishing as 2 words there are 2 different one listed. I have the one that says buy now for $29.95 when I bought it it was the better one at the time.
 Make sure the drill has at least 350#of torque or more and that it has a hi and low speed setting. Run on the low speed that gives the most torque.
 The big thing is keep the batteries warm and you will get more holes. I wrap a couple shakeup hand warmers around the spare batteru and keep it in a soft cooler. I usually drill only 5" holes with mine and have gotten 45 holes in 6" of ice. the bigger the auger the less holes you will get. The thicker the ice the less holes also. I usually carry the auger handle if I want to keep fishing after the batteries are dead.  The disc that you put on the nimrod should be bigger than the hole you drill mine came with a 6: disc and i drill 5" holes so it works great

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.