Canada > Ice Fishing North West Territories

Ice fishing tag-along Jan 7 to 9, 2010

(1/1)

delirium:
Season's greetings,

I'm new to ice fishing as of last year and I've got a golden opportunity to go to visit Yellowknife with a buddy in the New Year. 

I was searching for a ice fishing guide which departs from town but all the ice fishing packages I could find require a short plane ride to a more remote location and cost ~900CAN.

Do you guys know of a local guide from Yellowknife?  I only have a day or two off and I just want to land a gigantic pike from Great Slave Lake (a minor request  ;D).  I don't mind paying for a guide who has all the necessary gear but I'd prefer to depart from town.

If some of you guys are heading out Jan 7 to 9 and don't mind a couple of easy-going guys joining you, I'd much rather pay one of the forum members for a quick tour.  Since I'll be flying in from Edmonton, I won't have my gear with you, and ideally you'd be able to provide us with some spare gear.

Thanks!
George

Drifter_016:
Try these guys out, they are on the North Arm of Great Slave and do ice fishing.
I believe they depart from Yellowknife down the highway and transfer to a snow cat for the trip to the lodge.
I'm sure they can do something for you.

http://www.enodah.com/

I really don't know of any other outfits that run locally.

P.S. Trout Rock Lodge produces giant Pike every year.
A couple of springs ago they caught a 53 incher there!!!    :woot:

delirium:
Thanks for the info.  Much appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version