South Dakota > Ice Fishing South Dakota

Waubay area ice?

(1/2) > >>

frozen1:
We are planning a trip to the waubay area. I heard the snow might be a problem on the area lakes up there. Should I cancel my trip because all we have is a 4x4 pickup? Any info would be appreciated.
Chad

ice dawg:
This report is a few days old and they just got another six inches or more of new snow on the lakes over in that area last night. I only live fifty miles from there and I'm staying at home. If you do come this way, it may be a dissapointment for you.

Fishing Report - Sportsman's Cove 

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:
http://www.thesportsmanscove.net  JAN 11 2009    PICKEREL LAKE HAS HAD A STRONG CRAPPIE BITE MOSTLY IN THE 30 FT WATER.   SOME PERCH, WALLEYE,PIKE AND BLUEGILL ALSO CAUGHT ON PICKEREL.  WAUBAY HAS A GOOD EVENING THRU EARLY MORN WALLEYE BITE. THE PERCH HAVE BEEN TOUGH  LATELY. BRING A TOW ROPE AND SHOVEL OR SNOWMOBILE.   REPORT  BY DOUG JOHNSON FROM THE SPORTSMANS COVE   605-345-2468.

rlvb:
lots of snow on area lakes up here in the north east corner.like ice dawg mentioned, it very well will be disappointing,unless you like spending most of your time digging your 4x4 out,youll prolly be spending most of your time doing that then fishin,youll need a 4 wheeler or better yet a sled.the older snow id hard enough to carry a 4 wheeler but we got hit with more snow.this just stinks, and ive heard of some pretty good fisherman getting skunked days in a row on Waubay.just my 2 cents

frozen1:
Thanks for the replies!!

ice dawg:
frozen1, Those of us that live in NESD are disappointed too. I have friends that have their wheelhouses on one of the local lakes that are wondering how they are going to get them off. I took mine off last Sunday and it war airborn several times when I went off of the lake. Once you get on the ice you don't slow down or you may end up stuck with a 4x4.  :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version