The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: anybody going to bay city saginaw river under the indy  (Read 824 times)

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
anybody going to bay city saginaw river under the indy this weekend i will be there saturday  ;D

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
Re: anybody going to bay city saginaw river under the indy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Good luck to ya, I've been doing pretty well up there this week.  Gonna spend the weekend on the bay for a change of scenery.

Offline wrightap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:25 PM »
 how much do you guys have up there around bay city I am coming up next weekend and have never been?  I am going to try and catch a mess of perch.  Long drive from central Indiana so any help would be appreciated
Adam

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:47 PM »
I assume your asking about ice.  I was out 2 nights ago and was sitting on 8.5" in the river at Indy bridge in Bay City.  Good luck.

Offline rick.roberts80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:39 PM »
i am going to the river indy bridge can't wait first time it is gonna be cold tommorow i herd look for me i will be wearing a cammo and a state stocking hate and hopefully have a limit before i get cold bleu shanty stop by have a beer

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:50 PM »
There will be around 300 people out there I bet, if the wind keeps up there could 500.  They have been doing better on the far side or more toward the mouth in shallower water.  Go with jigheads and stingers.  I was there on Thurs - take the power auger or snipes some old holes cause it is starting to get thick. 8" in most spots less in the channel.  Party store on henrey good bait and a good count.

Offline rick.roberts80

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:27 PM »
thanks everyone for the advice this is realy a great site there is something about fishing in the winter that seems diffrent than in summer it seems like the people like to share advice more and just hang out in general. if your gonna be cold you shouldnt have to do it alone

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:08 PM »
I'll be on the river somewhere.  Was gonna hit the bay, but the weather looks a little to grim for me.  Probably hop around to different spots throughout the day.  Good luck all.

Offline bluenose30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:12 PM »
my buddy caught 3 keepers there last night, the only man that fished alone from our "group" and went down river from us! lol! best of luck to ya, indy will be my home next week for a few days.

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2009, 12:26 AM »
Read about using a jighead. What weight? Using a minnow on it or just the head? Always been paranoid about the river, but with all the snow on the inland lakes I'm thinking of going Wednesday.

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:26 AM »
thanks to all and good luck to you ill be in a big flip otter ice shanty its blue camo i was also very scared about going out on the river but it is no big deal and its a blast there is plenty of ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.