Author Topic: YOUNG GUNS ROLE CALL  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
YOUNG GUNS ROLE CALL
« on: Jan 10, 2022, 09:38 PM »
Hi graygills here, 44 years old nwi, been ice fishing 22 years. Like to slay fish as a hobby in winter. More than glad to meet up with people if I have time in-between slayings....fish on, G GILLS.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: YOUNG GUNS ROLE CALL
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Young or old we all have a common interest. Love slaying em thru the ice. I fall into the oldfart catagory.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2022, 06:48 AM »
Not sure I'd consider myself young anymore at 39 , but not an old fart yet, either  ;D

Live just a mile over the state line in Iroquois County IL, but I do almost all of my open water fishing and some of my ice fishing in Indiana.

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2022, 06:55 AM »
I'm middle aged!! 51yrs old. Love ice fishing been going since I'm 8yrs old.  :tipup:

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2022, 06:58 AM »
43 here. Definitely don't feel young anymore.  Years of physical labor and competing in demolition derbies has Definitely taken a toll on my body.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Michigan Slim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Michigander by birth, Hoosier by force!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2022, 07:27 AM »
53 here. NE Indiana. Fish through the ice are just more fun. Started in western Michigan near Grand Haven.
Heart in Michigan. Stuck in Indiana.

Offline erikschultz99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2022, 07:44 AM »
22 here. found this page about 8 years ago actually hahaha

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:04 AM »
34 here. NWI and love hitting the ice in the area as well as other states as much as I can!

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:06 AM »
Graygills22- sent ya a pm.

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:44 AM »
28 and been fishin ever since I can remember. Started to seriously ice fish about 6 years ago. Glad someone started the young guns role call after seeing all the old farts in their thread lol.
Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline camshaft962

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:51 AM »
32 for this guy. Born and raised in NWI and have been hitting the ice every year since my uncle took me to a local pond when I was 8 years old. I was instantly addicted and have been ever since. Be safe out there gentlemen and rips some lips!

Offline awade84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2022, 10:23 AM »
not sure if i shoudl be in the young guns thread or maybe start a middle aged thread but I'm 37.  been ice fishing for probably 10 years or so. from the Anderson area.

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2022, 10:31 AM »
I'm in NE indiana, 35 years young here been ice fishing for 20+ years.
River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2022, 11:21 AM »
according to HT, I didn't make the cut in the Old Farts thread. I'll Lurk here for a while.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2022, 11:23 AM »
40 years young...lol. the body aches of a 75 year old. Tons of fractures in my left arm and hand left me with arthritis at a young age but my favorite activities are cold weather fly fishing and ice fishing. Go figure. Hope to see some of you on the ice and if it thickens up you'll see a real young gun out there...my 6 year old has been wanting to get out bad
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline Indiana Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2022, 11:32 AM »
29 here Valpo area, and ice fishing is my favorite. Cant stand hot weather!
I wish I was on Iron Lake

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2022, 11:47 AM »
according to HT, I didn't make the cut in the Old Farts thread. I'll Lurk here for a while.
Welcome....  ;D

As for me, going to be 43 soon... and not wise enough to be an "old fart". I've fished with a ton of members here or had contact through DMs, or seminars like Crappie Madness at Bass Pro, Crappie University, Friends of Fishing or the ones PTO used to have. Ice fishing is my true passion, and there isn't a lot of lakes I haven't fished in Indiana. I probably rub some people wrong on the ice, as I don't engage in to much conversation because I'm trying to beat the fish... and almost always fish away from crowds regardless of the bite, but always try to help off the ice.

Looking forward to meeting more anglers, learning new things, and enjoying the fact that there will be no wake boats, jet skis, boat launch fees for a awhile... this is our time!
~Doug
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2022, 11:49 AM »
You aren't alone there. I ice fish water that isn't that great just for the tradeoff of not being around other people.

Offline CL_Outdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2022, 12:01 PM »
You aren't alone there. I ice fish water that isn't that great just for the tradeoff of not being around other people.

I'm guilty of this as well. I work in business development but when I'm on the ice, I prefer to just have me, my thoughts, and the fish. Nothing wrong with shooting the crap with other guys, but it distracts me from my flasher. I've missed fish as guys come up to me to talk.
Limit your kill - Don't kill your limit!

Offline cmoore09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2022, 01:33 PM »
40 year old here, I fish mostly NE Indiana but dip into Michigan often.  Dad (fishing buddy) moved to Florida a few years back so I have been getting into Deep Sea with him when I visit, but always looking to meet up with avid fisherman around here.   Just found out I have scoliosis...getting old sucks!  I told the chiropractor I'll fish sideways if I have too.  He didn't laugh.  I do like to randomly scream out "The Green Hornet Strikes Again" after I land a fish on the ice..so if you hear that on a lake...you might be fishing next to me.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2022, 03:49 PM »
Welcome....  ;D

As for me, going to be 43 soon... and not wise enough to be an "old fart". I've fished with a ton of members here or had contact through DMs, or seminars like Crappie Madness at Bass Pro, Crappie University, Friends of Fishing or the ones PTO used to have. Ice fishing is my true passion, and there isn't a lot of lakes I haven't fished in Indiana. I probably rub some people wrong on the ice, as I don't engage in to much conversation because I'm trying to beat the fish... and almost always fish away from crowds regardless of the bite, but always try to help off the ice.

Looking forward to meeting more anglers, learning new things, and enjoying the fact that there will be no wake boats, jet skis, boat launch fees for a awhile... this is our time!
~Doug
43?
Call me when you get the AARP letter in the mail. I still hang with the majority of the "guns". Got to stay in shape to chase perch and that is a fact!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline armentroutlucas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2022, 03:58 PM »
35, white county. My wife got hooked last year so even if the fish aren’t cooperating I got something incredible to look at!!!

Offline Graygills22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2022, 05:26 PM »
Love all the replies,  very cool  @)

Offline kesdadddy7597

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2022, 07:19 PM »
42 here.  39 years ago this winter my grandfather infected me with what what my grandma jokingly referred to as the sickness.  Loving slaying big gills and specs through the ice.  Used to enjoy chasing perch, but having both knees bone on bone has slowed that game down a bit.  Can’t wait to make my first trip of the season.  Daughter’s travel volleyball has me booked up for more weekends than I would like.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:41 PM »
Does 33 apply as a young gun or old dog now 😆

Avid angler during the ice season  but tournament angler during open water and owner of Toxic Bass Jigs. 

If your onna local lake in NWI let me know I'd probably meet up with ya sometime n fish with ya.   

If you might wanna meet up shoot the crap or need some custom jigs hit me up.   But mainly here to share experience and meet like minded people.   

Tight lines be safe out there gang.

Offline JDH46151

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:49 PM »
Since I'm younger than the OP I guess I qualify as a young gun at 38.  Been fishing all my life but only ice fishing for 8 or so years.  I live a little bit south of Indy but traveled to northern Indiana for the first time last year to ice fish.  I plan on heading up there again either Sun or Mon to get on the ice a little earlier this year.

Offline Drumroll

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2022, 10:32 PM »
Turn 42 on St. Patty's Day and live north of Indy in Pendleton.  During the warmer months I'm chasing catfish on the white river and bass and crappie on local Reservoirs.  Im hoping to introduce my 8 yr old young gun to the sport of ice fishing this year because out of all the different types of fishing I think it's the most fun. 
Take a kid fishing because one day they may take you.

Offline Oaktree1215

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Look at them cheeks!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2022, 06:16 PM »

48 years old here. Been ice fishing about 30 yrs, mostly central Indiana ponds. Been to a few northern lakes and such. I live in Peru now so it's a lot easier.

Offline DanO2013

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 16, 2022, 06:29 PM »
Turned 40 recently... been ice fishing 13 years now... mainly northern Indiana lakes, but did ice fish Minnesota last season and will be going up to Michigan next month... hopefully the ice sticks around this year!

Offline crillwarner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2022, 09:50 AM »
44 here nwi fisherman as well... usually go to northern Wisconsin to fish since Indiana ice had been bad for a bit...been a hardwater lover since a kid... always looking to go and meet people so feel free to hit me up....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.