The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: northern wisconsin reports  (Read 81791 times)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: northern wisconsin reports
« Reply #420 on: Jan 03, 2023, 12:50 PM »
Fished the Cisco Chain again from the 27th thru the 30th. Fishing was slow, there was a bunch of good ice and a TON of slush. We need a reset.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #421 on: Jan 03, 2023, 01:27 PM »
Fished the Cisco Chain again from the 27th thru the 30th. Fishing was slow, there was a bunch of good ice and a TON of slush. We need a reset.

Lotsa slush Eagle River/St. Germain too. Ain't gonna get no reset 52. Got another 5 - 7 inches coming tonight/tomorrow. Not the fine powdery stuff either.  >:(
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #422 on: Jan 03, 2023, 01:37 PM »
Fished Alva lake (Harshaw area - between Rhinelander and Minoqua) Last Thursday, Friday, Saturday... Fishing wasn't slow - it was down right awful!  Ice was 6" - 10". Slush in several area's that I literally thought I was sinking in

Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #423 on: Jan 04, 2023, 12:58 PM »
Fished Alva lake (Harshaw area - between Rhinelander and Minoqua) Last Thursday, Friday, Saturday... Fishing wasn't slow - it was down right awful!  Ice was 6" - 10". Slush in several area's that I literally thought I was sinking in

I was going to run over to Big Portage lake, just south west of Land O Lakes, I heard the same over there.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #424 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:26 AM »
I haven't been on the ice in almost a month the deep snow and slush was so bad here in NW WI. The last time I was out beginning of Jan. I almost didn't make it back off the lake with the snowmobile without getting stuck in deep slush. Since then we got about 8 more inches of wet heavy snow, I gave up. Hopefully this below zero cold will firm up the slush. But with all the deep snow I have my doubts? Plus the snow is so deep here there is no way I am walking out anywhere. If I can't take the snowmobile I'm just not going.

Offline SlabHammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #425 on: Feb 08, 2023, 05:56 PM »
I haven't been on the ice in almost a month the deep snow and slush was so bad here in NW WI. The last time I was out beginning of Jan. I almost didn't make it back off the lake with the snowmobile without getting stuck in deep slush. Since then we got about 8 more inches of wet heavy snow, I gave up. Hopefully this below zero cold will firm up the slush. But with all the deep snow I have my doubts? Plus the snow is so deep here there is no way I am walking out anywhere. If I can't take the snowmobile I'm just not going.

I just got back from fishing a few lakes in washburn county and the snow is not bad on the lakes, used both snowmobile and atv. Sissabagama had trucks on it Saturday but they stayed in the plowed area. There was a ton of ice. Long Lake much less ice but not hard to move around on at all. Both lakes fished good.

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #426 on: Apr 07, 2023, 11:48 AM »
Probably last weekend/week of fishing up north here. calling for 60s .

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #427 on: Nov 25, 2023, 05:47 PM »
Hah! Love resurrecting a zombie thread!!!

Three Lakes today saw some skim ice mid lake. About 2/5s coverage, lasted all day. Cold(er) tonight, snow (no one seems to know how much) and much colder the next two days with no days above freezing until Wed./Thurs. and then barely. Could be the start of something fun!

And yes... I'm still around!  ;)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #428 on: Mar 06, 2024, 07:44 AM »
Finished up game fish on the WI/MI Boundary Waters last friday. Had 15 flags, but just 1 small eye. Conditions were amazing. We moved up to Paulding MI and fished a pot hole lake for pannies. Did really well, but man were there some some ones.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.