Author Topic: UTV track studs.  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
UTV track studs.
« on: Oct 08, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Taking the plunge and getting a SXS with Camso (camoplast) tracks. I'm able to license it as a snowmobile to ride the trails and obviously when the ice is thick enough bring it out there. Tracks will most likely only see usage when there is snow/ice. I've heard the screw-in type is better for this application. Is anyone running a UTV with Camso tracks that is studded? What brand did you use and what would you recommend?
It must be something in the water.

FISHFORPIKE

Re: UTV track studs.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2017, 05:20 PM »
I have had Camso Tatou 4S tracks (winter snow and ice use only) on my Polaris 850 for about 6 years.  I put these ice screws in when the tracks were new and they are still there, all of them.

This is what I used.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2017, 08:04 PM »
^^^^Good to know^^^^
Sounds like their market is targeted towards the ice tire which would make sense. Tires are much lighter and much easier to spin whereas the tracks would require much more hp to rip out the screws. Especially when the appropriate # are used in a proper pattern. Thanks.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Ive always been worried about putting studs in the tracks of my Sportsman because I keep it in my garage. Are you seeing any bad wear in your garage floor or sidewalks due to them?

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2017, 12:43 PM »
Lay down some plywood for the UTV to drive and park on.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Ive always been worried about putting studs in the tracks of my Sportsman because I keep it in my garage. Are you seeing any bad wear in your garage floor or sidewalks due to them?
Definitely not good for pavement!  I keep mine in the enclosed trailer -  "parked in it's own garage"  @)

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Lay down some plywood for the UTV to drive and park on.
I have some good year hard rubber industrial mats I could throw down. My detached garage door is only 7' high. If it doesn't fit in there the daily driver goes there and the SXS goes in the attached garage. Def don't want to screw up the floor.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.