Author Topic: New sleds,ATV,s with fuel injection how good  (Read 1626 times)

Offline boomdoggie

• Team IceShanty Regular
New sleds,ATV,s with fuel injection how good
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 08:48 AM »
Somebody must have a sled or atv with fuel injection , just wondering how good are they and if any hiccups, what about the power steering models also

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New sleds,ATV,s with fuel injection how good
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:04 AM »
  I have had both , sled with efi and now have 08 polaris sportsman 800 efi .  The sled was a 1993 polaris indy 500 efi , always started second pull , no matter what .  My 800 efi sportsman has always started also , even in temps down to -30 .   I like mine , no messing with choke , no flooding , just starts right up .
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:30 AM »
bought my current truck in 1989 with fuel injection and never had a problem with it, kind of a no brainer when i bought my sportsman 500, it has fuel injection ;D i really dont understand why anyone would want a carb on one unless they just like to work on it

Offline Pork Rind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I have an 09 Honda rancher EFI 420 love it so far no problems fires right up.   ;)
Pork Rind

Clam Pro Staff, Vexilar Pro Staff, Lure Lipstick Pro Staff, Aqua-Vu Pro Staff

Offline P. Nasty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:23 AM »
I have a '07 Yamaha Grizzly that does not have fuel injection and HATE IT! When I use it in these cold Wisc. winters, it takes at least 15 min to warm up before I can plow or go ice fishing. Then if I want to move to a different location, I have to warm it up again. I have been hinting to the wife that I need a new one, but she hasn't given in yet. Go fuel injection, and don't even think twice!

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I have an 09 Honda rancher EFI 420 love it so far no problems fires right up.   ;)

Same with me, although my Rancher is 2010. 

Also, EFI is great if you live in an area at, say, 3000' elevation, and sometimes use your ATV at, say, 11000 elevation (like I do).  Carbs are a big problem requiring rejetting and so on.  I couldn't see going back to a carb.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:15 PM »
I have a 2010 Yamaha 700 EFI and I dont have any issues with starting in the cold. She warms up in about a solid minute.

Offline jigpause

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:25 PM »
efi the only way to go
arctic cat and yamaha sleds

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:50 PM »
EFI is wonderful.....I have an 07 Arctic Cat 700 with it and it is great.....never have a problem starting the atv ever.....let the efi pump run until it shuts off and push the button it fires right up no problem.....no matter how cold it is....even pull starting it....no problems there either.....greatest thing they ever did to atv's.......as far as sleds its real nice as well....never have to adjust jets when going into the mountains or any elevation changes at all.....its great.....as far as power steering.....I dont really know too much about it on atv's....to me its just another thing to go wrong......its been around for a few years now but I dont think it would be worth having unless you have a problem steering.......just my thoughts

Offline pfd161

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:11 AM »
I have a '07 Yamaha Grizzly that does not have fuel injection and HATE IT! When I use it in these cold Wisc. winters, it takes at least 15 min to warm up before I can plow or go ice fishing. Then if I want to move to a different location, I have to warm it up again. I have been hinting to the wife that I need a new one, but she hasn't given in yet. Go fuel injection, and don't even think twice!

adjust the valves! did it on mine and it starts right up in the cold now and doesn't need much warm up time. I am still saving for a fuel injected model though...

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:45 AM »
I have a Polaris 2008,500 EFI,and I love it,the old 1999 had a choke and I was allways choking it even in warm weather. To tell you the truth I think that it even helps the battery to last longer.   Jerry

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.