New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: FOUND ,rushford lake  (Read 1898 times)

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
FOUND ,rushford lake
« on: Jan 30, 2018, 03:00 PM »
a friend of mine said he found something on rushford late yesterday mon 29th ,when leaving from fishing by damn. he took it so no one would pick it up. he,s lookin for rightful owner  I, think he posted on face book also. pm me ill get you in contact with him.
youngster

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FOUND ,rushford lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2018, 07:41 AM »
he took it so no one would pick it up.

Sorry, but that made me laugh.  It's the dilemma we all have when we find something.  Do we leave it in case the owner comes back for it, or do we take it and try to find the owner.  Too bad all ice fishermen aren't on here, then most people would get their stuff back.  There could be a lost and found section.

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2018, 07:45 AM »
a friend of mine said he found something on rushford late yesterday mon 29th ,when leaving from fishing by damn. he took it so no one would pick it up. he,s lookin for rightful owner  I, think he posted on face book also. pm me ill get you in contact with him.

I'll be out there around lunchtime Jeff .. if anyone shows up asking questions .. I'll refer them to you !!
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline speedracer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2018, 06:36 PM »
My buddy lost the item at rushford dam. Can someone please call me at 607 382 5571. Thanks

Offline ghostface

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Always great to see.  Well done youngster!
Its not the spot its the man fishing it

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:23 AM »
not done yet, info been sent hopefully they get together ,, , 
youngster

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Your a good man youngster!!!

Offline youngster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • EAT OR BE EATEN
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2018, 09:24 AM »
kudos to the young lad who found the bag... and decided to  ask for help finding rightful owner.  premature update but he just told me he made contact and its a matter of a time and place to get together..      apparently he could've been the owner of a fl 18 fishfinder  in travel pack etc. etc.  he said to me , I know what id feel like if I lost it.  it was only the right thing to do."  he,s fishin today hopefully the fish GODS smile down on him..     gotta love ice guys  , great sport great guys.   
youngster

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:44 PM »
This is a great story! A big thank you to the young man for trying to find the owner and to all the others who helped to make it work out. Here's hoping the fish gods smile on all of you for a long time!

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Great job youngster. This type of thread got me to thinking when I purchased my flasher years ago. It has a small pocket it the cover. I made a contact information card and put it in a zip lock plastic bag and put in the pocket. That way if ever lost or misplaced hopefully the finder would locate the card and give me a call. To date it never has been used...............
      Kim :tipup: :icefish: :thumbsup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.