Author Topic: 2018 RI Freshwater License Regulation Change  (Read 1442 times)

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
2018 RI Freshwater License Regulation Change
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 12:37 PM »
Starting March 1, 2018 All RI Freshwater Fishing License and Trout Stamps will be Computer Generated Only. No more Benny's Stores to fill a need. Pete's in Woonsocket will No longer issue License and they were in the top 10 locations to get one.  Another thing taken away from the small remaining bait and tackle shops left to offer their patrons and to lure you in their brick and mortar location. Not all RI residents have a computer or a credit card or a drivers license to print one out. Who is going to distribute the Abstracts ? What do you think about this change.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: 2018 RI Freshwater License Regulation Change
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2018, 03:42 PM »
What about for someone like me that gets a combo license for fishing and hunting? Do i now need 2 separate licenses?
Just add water.

Offline breggs9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 07:19 PM »
RI is also one of the only states left in the country still writing out licenses with pen and paper! Almost every other state is don’t with a computer, and it also helps the state keep a better filing system then having virtually a paper trail record. I find it to be a much more simple way to deal with licensing. And I don’t know The information on hunting but I’m sure it would be much more simple just like every other state to offer hunting licensing and tags at home on your own computer! You would just need your hunter safety number to get a license which is as easy as a call to great swamp DEM office. As I experienced when I lived in Texas, the sporting goods stores and shops had a computer set up for people to come in and fill out the info online for their licensing and print it all right there with no charge. I guess we will have to see how this one pans out

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:13 PM »
What about for someone like me that gets a combo license for fishing and hunting? Do i now need 2 separate licenses?

SHARPS I'm thinkingbits like CT,  you add everything to a shopping cart and when you print the licence it lists what you can do.

Offline DennyR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2019, 07:17 AM »
You can purchase a combination Hunting and fishing plus the salt water license online at DEM.
JUST NEED THE NUMBER FROM AN OLD COMBO LICENSE, or your hunters safety course card number.
RI Division of fish and wild life maintains hard copy proof of you taking the course back into the 1970’s.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Personally I got audited because their new system couldn't find any of the last 30 or so licenses I had on file. Had to take photos and send them back... a HUGE pain in the ass just to finally have them say ...oh yeah you are fine. I ran a K-Mart Sporting Goods department for 10 years. I could find a license copy in about 5 minutes. The state used to take WEEKS. Dealing with Rhode Island DEM is like working with a Foreign Country. They do not even speak the language of the Sportsman of this State.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:47 PM »
I believe you have to supply an old hunting license number or safety card number and or deer tag #the first time you get a hunting license online same drill for archery then you will be in the system and go through nthe same drill after 65 th birthday for your permanent license

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.