Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1644070 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15390 on: Apr 01, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

The wood cutting is over and the back feels good. I have another job later in the week so I am happy nothing is hurting :flex:

The best news of the day came from my wife. She had an eye appointment this morning and her eye pressure was well within where they want it :thumbsup: She was happier than she has been for a while, although still too early to ask for BBQ chicken on the grill ??? Now they want her to start reducing her drops by 1 drop a day from 1 medicine at a time. She will need to go in weekly to be checked but the hope is when all is done she will only need 1-2 medicines instead of the 6 different ones she is currently on.

This morning before she left for the appointment she about blew a gasket :whistle: The expensive drops come in a 2.5ml bottle which is about ½ teaspoon. It clearly says in the instructions to tip the bottle upside down then remove the cap. When she did about half the bottle went down her neck :%$#!: She ended up bringing it with to her appointment and the eye guy said it was a faulty bottle and ordered her up a new one :clap: Always some crazy thing going on.

Speaking of crazy, I need to head into Walmart for some things :cookoo:

Hope everyone’s day is going well   Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15391 on: Apr 01, 2019, 12:17 PM »
WS......so glad to hear the great news on both your back holding up and on MrsWS’s eye exam results  :) good luck at Walmart  ;D

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15392 on: Apr 01, 2019, 03:36 PM »
Good Afternoon, Everybody

Bright Sunshine, brisk-temps. on the cool side with a breeze, actually feels nice out even thou you need a sweatshirt or light jacket

I.W. - That arm must hurt worse than anything, from the looks of the bruise - Good Luck at the Ortho. Wednesday

W.S. - Good to hear the wife is making progress with her eyes, and you not tearing up your back working

R.D. - Good Luck with the season and flowers this year

Clean - One day at a time anymore, with Ellie being out of commission for a while, laundry, cooking, general house cleaning is added to the chore list, just means no spare
     time for me for a while, 'got ta do what a husband has ta do, to sleep with both eyes closed as opposed to one eye open'  ;D

45 - Ellie is doing as good as can be expected, boredom struck early with her, but she is miserable when out in the car for a ride ' darn potholes, when are they going to fix
     them, whenever you hit one, the bouncing hurts my arm', sorry, dear, call the town council to voice a complaint about bad roads & high taxes
     Me - Wednesday at the x-ray lab for cat scans with and without contrasting dye to see what is going on with my mid-section, stopped my Metformin this a.m. so it won't
     play games with the dye, or, anything else I get injected with, by Friday, Monday the latest, something should be known by the urologist's office, I have to call and
     speak to the nurse for info. on when to restart the Metformin, gotta love it :-\

D.F.F. - It is a pleasure to hear that you are going to help with the coaching duties with your youngest daughter, not too many fathers get involved with that kind of thing
     anymore, my hat is off to you for creating the time to be there for her and her teammates

Mrs. W.W. - Snow!! - Isn't it time to be planting flowers, soft water fishing, b-b-q's, riding the bike to places unknown?

Mason - Good Luck if you fish

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15393 on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sleep isn’t my friend tonight. Preop today and nervous about the surgery.

Whopper Stopper, Glad your back isn’t sore tonight. Good that they replaced your wife’s eye drops without charging you.

Captain Jim, pot holes this year are very bad.

Mason Eddie, Hope you were able to catch some fish.

D.F.F. It really is nice seeing a parent taking a interest in their kids activities.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15394 on: Apr 02, 2019, 01:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and cold start for the 2nd day of April here, 20*, but it’s supposed to warm up to 47 by late afternoon.

Capt.Jim...thoughts and prayers sent for tomorrow’s appointment Sir.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...wow, that arm looks painful. Best wishes with tomorrow’s appointment to you also, hopefully surgery can be avoided.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...fantastic news on your wife!!   :clap:  Glad the tree job went well and no back problems encountered!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...I’ve got quite a few older foot planks from my scaffold that I will cut up for the raised beds, repurpose them. So true about the April snow, lol, won’t put the snow blower away until May.   ;D
  Tom...welcome back on line!   :clap:
  DFF...nice to see you back posting,  :bow: on taking the coaching job, awesome! Best of luck to your daughters this season and your squad!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...best wishes sent for your pre-op this am, it’s been a long journey for you. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Sir.... :thumbsup:

Short on time again this am, early start with the hammer’s again. Did stop and make a few casts at one stream yesterday, they came up as expected and were dirty....no takers. Better weather conditions today and an early quit, I’ll give it a couple hours on the way home and see if I can’t find a few willing to bite.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Good Morning I-45....understand your nervousness, try to get some rest buddy. We’re all pulling for you!   :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15395 on: Apr 02, 2019, 04:07 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, ER's,
                          It's 19* here on my hill with warmer temps in the forecast. ::)
                          Marv..........That's great that your back is holding up, I guess the exercises help and if you do them before going out to work
                  to warm up those muscles. I bet Jo was happy about the good report on her eye pressure. :clap:
                          I-45..........I know your feeling apprehensive about your surgery but these Dr's today can do great things. Think positive I'm
                  sure you'll do fine. :thumbsup:
                          Eddie........Smart move not putting the snow blower away just yet, in 1977 on May 9th in to the 10th we had 18" of snow, but the next day
                  the temps got up to 80*, but snow removal was necessary. :blink: I hope you have better luck at the stream today. :thumbsup:
                          Capt.Jim.....I hope Ellie's arm gets better soon. :clap:
                          Tom...........I'm glad you got the computer issue straightened out.  :thumbsup:
                          DFF............I'm glad that there are some people out there that still get involved with their kids sports. I couldn't coach little league but
                  I did organized a group to renovate the ball fields. We took my Troybuilt tiller, which left a straight edge and cut out the base lines dug it all
                  out by hand and installed red clay dust. It really looked good after reseeding the fields and fertilization. The only problem the red clay dust
                  stained the white pants when the kids slid in to base.
                          I'm getting antsy about tomorrows appointment with the surgeon, surgery is in the works no matter which way we go!
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15396 on: Apr 02, 2019, 05:50 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....good luck at today's appointment, x2 on keeping a positive attitude  ;) 

CapJ....good luck tomorrow with your tests, fingers crossed you get a clean bill of health  ;)  hoping the snow is OVER now  ::)

IW.....good luck to you on tomorrow's pro-op visit, wishing you a speedy recovery whichever surgery you end up having  ;)

WS.....hope the back is still pain free this morning  :flex: 

Eddie.....best wishes for finding some hungry trout today  ;D

TT.....glad to see you have your cable/internet beck  :clap:

DFF.....kudos to you for being involved with your daughters' sports :bow: :thumbsup:

Another cool start but should be near 50* later today, maybe all the snow will melt  @)  some errands to run today otherwise not much happening  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15397 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Good Morning. 17 and clear.
IW, good luck on Wed at the doctors.
Eddie, it should be better fishing today. Temps are going to be higher. Good Luck.
h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15398 on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Jeff never did like the sound of that word....surgery.  Hope it does the trick.

Think I am seeing the last of the freezing low temps.  Snow is all out of the neighborhood.

Eddie, I like the sound of "early quit" Not for me today....closing  :sick: good luck.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15399 on: Apr 02, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Trying again. I lost a long post last night due to my not posting the first part and then going back and modifying it so I did not lose the whole thing.

The wife's hand is doing great. I had to heat up her splint last night to make is stop hitting where the one incision is. The incisions are almost totally healed.

To those facing surgery I know it can be hard on the nerves knowing what you are facing.

Dom It is almost Kolompin Stomping time in Holland again. Hope fully the tulips are still in bloom this year. A couple of years ago they were done before tulip time came. Where are you getting the plant markers from? Mastertag's plant is just north of Montague.

Capt Jim Ellie would not want to take a ride in Michigan as how poor the roads are. If they do patch a road they do such a poor job that it makes it worse. Hopefully the test shows the other one was a false postiive.

WS Good to here that your wife may able to get off some of the meds. Also take it easy with the tree cutting. I have to keep telling the wife not to over do it with her hand so she does not have a set back.

WW Nice variety of fish the other day. We will probaly be selling the toon this spring as the fishing is so poor on the lake it is not worth fishing any more.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15400 on: Apr 02, 2019, 10:02 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

The temp is heading into the 50's today but the wind is heading into the 30's with gusts near 40 :%$#!: They are talking about a shot at 70 over the weekend but it will be mixed in with showers and more wind. Hopefully one of these days it will just be plain old nice out.

IW good luck tomorrow :thumbsup: I have to say I would be antsy too.

Eddie it must be getting close to casting time, Good Luck Sir! :thumbsup:

WW hope your errands went well, did you stop at Walmart? Any normal people there ;D

45 Best of luck today :thumbsup:

TT that has to be pretty disappointing living on a lake that's not worth fishing :%$#!:  Glad to read your wife's hand is doing good :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim Thoughts and prayers for tomorrows tests :thumbsup:

I just got back from the Dentist a little while ago. I had to go in for a cleaning and BS session with the Doc. He was planning on a river walleye trip this coming week but it was cancelled because of all the flooding that's going on. It's the 4th time he had intended to go and something always comes up, last year was a divorce ???

My parts were a tad stiff this morning but nothing too bad. It seems no matter what you do for exercises it all goes out the window when you latch onto a chainsaw. Luckily my lady friend kept me on blood thinners through most of it,  so the actual cutting was joyful  ;D

Time for me to head out to the garage.

Hope you all have an excellent day, and thanks for the well wishes for my wife along the way. It was much appreciated by us both :thumbsup:

Stay safe!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15401 on: Apr 02, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Good day fellow 9:45ers , in the fifties currently with light wind. I had to purchase ink for my computer printer so visited my local Walmart did not see anything strange.
Deerefishyfishy may your daughters and their teams have good seasons. Best to you with the coaching may you not have to deal with to many upset parents because their child is not getting enough playing time in their opinion.
Icefisher-45 hope all goes well at tody's pre-opp. appointment.
Capt. Jim there do seem to be many pot holes after this Winter. Does your wife have any hobbies todo so she can get her mind off of the arm injury. Best to you at tomorrow's testing may you receive good news once the results get back to the doctor.
Ice Wanderer best to you also at tomorrow's appointment and with any surgery on the shoulder.
Wallyworld hopes the recent snow is melting and you can get in another fishing trip this week.
Whopper Stopper glad you feel no major pain after the tree job. Great news about your wife may she be able to loose some of her medications. Also happy the damaged bottle of eye drops got replaced.
Eddie may the fishing be better today sounds like typical early trout season conditions high water levels and dirty/muddy colored water.
Tom Turkey sorry to hear fish population is so low in the local lake you are going to sell the pontoon boat. Sounds like you wife is getting a little stir crazy waiting for her hand to heal.

A safe and good day to all . Best to those fishing today.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15402 on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:56 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Pre Op went well today. They drew blood and did a EKG and filled out all the paperwork. The countdown begins. When we got home the landlord came over to get the rent. He wants to sell the house. He basically gave us a 3 month notice. Now the fun begins. Surgery and rehab and now having to look for a new apartment. Not sure how this is going to work.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15403 on: Apr 02, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Fisher-45, that sucks too, maybe a buyer might be an investor, and want to rent it ?  Will cross fingers and toes hope it works out for you.  You have a house or apartment. ?

Got told I might be going to the show and do some setups, tomorrow, that didn't last long as if they didn't get a register set up no need for me being there.  A register setup was received and upon checking it out.  The receipt printer was not working.  Got that taken care of and guys will be moving it to the show sight.

Last word for me was delay starting time by 3/4 hr. tomorrow, fine with me.

It finally dawned on me my annual fishing license is expired as of April 1st.  Went on line only to find last years license for being a senior was free, has been raised to $9.75, the extra rod stamp of $5 is now 10.75. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: Looks like I will be visiting the Walmart sporting department to get a new one.  If that's not enough gas went up $.35 the last two weeks.

Looking like I jinxed the Rockies, now have lost 4 straight  :unsure: :blink:

Better days coming  ???  Here, Hear  ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15404 on: Apr 03, 2019, 02:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  35* this am and calm at the moment, high of 55 here today but the winds are supposed to start cranking up soon to 25-35mph for the day.

Bud...if I remember correctly, think the extra rod stamp was $2 or $3 when I lived there in the 80’s...maybe it was $5...had a few Rocky Mtn. highs in between those years.  ;D.  Good luck with the show today!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...glad everything went well at the Pre Op for you.  :clap:  Sorry to read about the news from the landlord, that sucks, but fortunately, you’ve got some time to find another place. Get well first, everything will work out.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...have been seeing some potholes here that would eat a small car, roads are in terrible shape as well. Typical early trout conditions for sure, cold water temps- high murky water. Won’t be too much longer until the conditions improve. 
  Marv...sounds like the Crown and Cherry Cola’s were available, got to give that a try one of these days.  ;D. Glad you’re feeling ok after the saw workout. The fishing was slow again, but it was nice rekindling some old memories on parts of the stream that produced in the past.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...very good news on your wife, excellent!  :clap:  Sorry to read about the Toon going up for sale.
  Jeff/Capt.Jim...best wishes sent your way this am, will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers today.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope the snow is melting away, today’s weather should help. Any plans for another trip out on Ontario soon?
  H2...is the ice breaking up on the reservoir yet? Thanks for the info on the new bait shop up your way, passed that on to a buddy of mine yesterday.   :thumbsup:

Another slow go on the fishing yesterday, but it was nice getting out and having the whole stream to myself. Fished on some private property and the only tracks I saw on the banks were those of deer and raccoons. The pole and creel will stay in the truck, might stop again on the way home, the stream was dropping and clearing up a bit yesterday.
  Time to get ready for another 8....Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15405 on: Apr 03, 2019, 02:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        Yes Hump Day is here after today 1/2 the week is gone! It's 35* here on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie....... Good luck at the stream today. :thumbsup:
                        Marv.........Glad your body parts made it through the tree work. :clap:
                        Capt.Jim....I hope all goes well with your scan. :flex:
                        Bud...........Good luck with the show today! :thumbsup:
                        Steve........The road I live on is as wavy as the ocean and full of holes, it is closed to vehicles over 6 tons as they do every spring. :whistle:
                        Wally.........We didn't get any of that snow you got, hope it's gone by now! ???
                        My wife and I are headed to the VA hospital today to hear what the surgeon has to say, she didn't want to go but I think it's important that
               she hears what's going on and what he has to say from his mouth than hear it second hand from me.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out on a stream or lake!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15406 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Good morning every one. 36* and breezy. I see there is a bomb cyclone off of the east coast. Hopefully it turns back out to sea.

Eddie When they fix a pot hole around here they never compact it so it is still a divot so the road breaks out  on both sides of the patch. There has been a tire breaker hole on the road into the lake that has been there all winter. We took the back roads down the county line instead of taking the rough main road yesterday. I saw a patch that was perfect showing that they had used their truck to compact the patch. It had to have been done by the next county over as the guys in this county are not that smart. I told one of our counties foremen that they need to bring some of the guys from the next county over to teach his workers how to get things done right. They wait to fill a hole until it is the size of a wash tub. No preventive maintenance.

I wish I could still fish the small streams for trout. The last time I did I got mired in the mud at an old beaver pond. I thought I was going to leave my hip points behind. I decided after that it was time to quit.

IW It is good to have some one at your appointments some times so they might hear some thing that you missed.
I have an appointment with a dermatologist today for an issue with a sore on my head under my sideburns that bled bad a couple of times. One time I had blood clear down onto my chest that I did not realize was there. When we went to my primary docs office to get a referral to this doctor she kept answering questions I was asked. GRR I cut my sideburns to be able to see the sore. They have never been this short.

IFF Our licneces all expired on the first as well. I have not looked to see if they have raised the licences for seniors yet. Some of the young guys think we should pay the same as every one else as we have more time to be in the field or on the streams. We used to buy a regualar fishiing licence with a trout licence being extra. They now have combined them at twice the price even if we never fish trout. For a while they allowed trollers on the big lake three lines while every one else could only use two. They finaly have allowed every one three lines. I have never heard of a specil licence for an additional line.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15407 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....agree it's better to both hear the doc in person  ;)2   thoughts and prayers sent your way

CapJ.....good luck with today's scan, hope you get good news back soon  ;)2

IF45.....glad the pre-op went well, the wheels are finally in motion  :clap:  good luck with the housing issue  ;)

Eddie....the winds are keeping us off the lake the next couple of days  :%$#!:  hope the stream starts producing for you soon  :)

WS....yep did a WalMart stop yesterday, I swear some people do not have any mirrors in their homes  :blink: :whistle: :wacko: :roflmao:

TT.....sorry to hear the boat will be getting a for sale sign  :'(

IFF.....that's quite a hike in prices  :o   :cookoo:  enjoy your extra time this morning  ;)

Looking to MAYBE head south next week, the crazy spring weather with rain and roller coaster temps makes planning difficult  ::) 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15408 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

32 heading into the 50's today with just a couple of snow piles left :thumbsup:

IW good luck today :thumbsup: Good idea taking the Mrs. with. When my sister had her knee replaced it was surprising how many things the Dr. explained that my sister missed and her husband caught. Between the two of them they retained about 95% of the info.

Eddie as I recall your trout stream is a tradition, so fish or no fish I know the feeling of getting to visit it. I hope along the way it will produce another memory or two :thumbsup:

45 sorry to hear about the ongoing stumbling blocks :%$#!: Certainly happy to read the Pre Op went well :thumbsup: Keep it positive Sir!

WW are you about ready to launch the boat again ??? Hope the day brings good things :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim GOOD LUCK!

Today is pretty open around here. I have to load up my gear for a tree job tomorrow. My sister has about 6 maples that they decided are dead enough. I had told them for 2 years to cut them, but I guess they enjoy the uncertainty of working on rotten trees. Anyway there are only 2 that I see problems with but hopefully all will go well.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:  Stay safe!

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15409 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Evening, Gang

It was sunny all day today, the temps. got to the 60's, althou it felt cooler because of the breeze

My testing went well today, now just have to wait for the next appt. with the urologist to go over the results & C.T. scan pictures, May 30th won't get here soon enough, here's
     hoping for the best, more on this when it happens

Ellie must be getting better, she wanted to get out of the house, so after my testing, we had lunch at a local place, she walked a 'Dollar General' for some birthday cards, it was
     good to get her out for some fresh air, she said she needed that ride, tomorrow, one of her 'buds' from work wants to do lunch, so she gets a 'second' bid at freedom, let's
     me work for the afternoon, maybe some soft water on the weekend

When I renewed my fishing license, for a senior it is $12.50 for the year, from $22.50, younger than age 66, at age 70 it's free with proof of age, trout stamp is a add-on, no
     change or consideration, was never my fancy anyway, so nothing lost there, no limit on lines from a boat, no more than 3 lines, rod & reel, handline, or combo. of both
     when fishing from shore, I'm good, one rod is plenty

I.W. - Guessing you went 'under the knife' today? - Hope all is good

W.S. - Good Luck with the trees tomorrow

Mrs. W.W. - I agree, some Walmart customers belong in the clown portion of the traveling circus - Good Luck & have fun on the bike trip when it finally gets planned

To those getting close to going 'under the knife', here's thinking 'bout you getting better because of it

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15410 on: Apr 03, 2019, 09:50 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here temperature high around sixty.
Icefisher-45 happy you Pre.-OP. appointment was good sorry to hear of the new problem for your family may everything work out for all of you.
IFF have a good time at the show. Interesting how each state regulates fishing here in NY we have a combined fresh water -marine license cost is $25 dollars a year (ages 16 to 65) at one time marine license was an additional $10 dollars.
Eddie nice that you have access to section of stream that runs through private property. Seems like every Spring roads are a mess until the asphalt plants open and road crews start doing repairs.
Ice Wanderer hope all went well at today's Pre.-OP. ditto other's comments about bringing wife to the appointment. Best to you if you have surgery tomorrow.
Tom Turkey wonder why your county road crews don't compact the fill after completing pot hole repair. Hope the dermatologist can clear up your sore.
wallworld may you have a great trip.
Whopper Stopper may all go well with the maple trees tomorrow.
Capt. Jim glad your testing went well today. Think getting out of the house will help your wife's mood.

Stay safe.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15411 on: Apr 04, 2019, 01:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 33* this am, winds are still hanging around, high of 44 today.

Capt.Jim...glad you had a nice day out with Ellie, best wishes continued for you both Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...it sure is nice the family that owns the property still allows me to access their property. Have been fishing there a long, long time.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...you were spot on about that stream...it still looks the same!   ;D.  Good luck with the Maple’s today, be careful with your back Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks, the winds kept me off the water as well yesterday, will try again today. Hopefully this weather will straighten out so you and Mr.WW can get back out soon for another shot at those big Browns before heading south.  :thumbsup:
  Tom...the mud is alive and well here right now!  ;D. Hope the dermatologist appt. went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope everything went well yesterday, very good idea bringing your wife. Best wishes continued Sir!

Early start and short on time...will check in at break to see how everyone is doing today!   Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15412 on: Apr 04, 2019, 04:05 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 29* and still a breeze in the air. ::)
                               Eddie.......Your stream will clear out in time and you'll be able to land a few Trout. :thumbsup:
                               Marv.........Be careful with the Maple take down, so you don't hurt your back. :flex:
                               Capt.Jim....I bet Ellie felt better after getting out, it always makes a person feel rejuvenated, I hope she has a good lunch with
                     her friend. :thumbsup:
                               Wally........The wind will die down soon so you and Mr. WW can get back out on the soft water. :blink:
                               Yesterday my wife and I met with the Dr. and it was decided to go ahead with repair surgery that will be done today. I don't have
                     to be at the hospital until noon so surgery wont start till about 1:30 or so, it's going to be a late night. The Dr. did say that this surgery is not
                     fool proof then the replacement would have to be done, but he's confident that this will be good to go.
                               I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15413 on: Apr 04, 2019, 05:57 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....thoughts and prayers are with you today, hope all goes well and you have a speedy, complete recovery  ;)

TT.....hope all went well at the dermatologist appointment yesterday  :)

CapJ....glad to hear MrsCap is feeling better   :clap:  time out with her friends will be good for both of you  ;)2

Eddie....Mother Nature sure holds all the cards when it comes to outdoor activities  ::)

WS.....slow and steady with the saw today sir  :flex:

MrC....you were about 10* warmer than here yesterday, but boy the wind sure made it feel colder  :(  even had some rain and hail for awhile mid day  :blink:

Looks like a good day to open camp up for the season  :thumbsup: 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15414 on: Apr 04, 2019, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning everyone :bow:

35 heading into the 40's with rain moving in this afternoon.

Eddie for 25 years our family hunted deer on a private farm before it was sold. Every year the anticipation was almost unbearable waiting to get to the stand on opening morning whether you saw a deer or not. I am sure it is the same on the stream you visit every year. I hope the weather straightens out for you today so you can get out for awhile. Good luck Sir! :thumbsup:

IW best of luck later today. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as this day goes along.

Capt.Jim Now the wait begins :%$#!: Hang in there friend, it sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy as you wait for May 30th.

WW hope your trip planning is going well. Are you thinking a full week or longer?

TT..hope all went well at the appointment yesterday :thumbsup: 

I need to load my truck and get going shortly after the sun creeps up. It's about an hour north so I want to get a jump on the traffic. Of course when I get there my sister will have breakfast ready and she will be determined I have lunch there. They always look at it as a social get together where I look at it as a tree job which means in and out. I guess that's one part of this retirement I'm not very good at.

I hope you all have an excellent day no matter what is on the agenda :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15415 on: Apr 04, 2019, 06:09 AM »
29 and clear this morning.
IW, good luck today.
Capt. Jim, sounds like a nice day out for you and Ellie. Glad she is doing better.
Ice. 45, things are moving in the right direction.
The sap has been running pretty good. They boiled over 700 gallons yesterday. They have made about 50 gallons so far. 13 gallons goes to the Amish in Ohio to pay for his hunting lease.
Not much planned for today. Most of the snow is gone in the yard but still a lot in the woods. River is running pretty good with some big chunks of ice coming down but no ice jamming up. Still ice out on the lake.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15416 on: Apr 04, 2019, 07:03 AM »
29* start to the day. wind is down this morning but due to build. I forgot about the Senior Center board meeting this morning so blowing leaves is put on hold for now. The cold night time temps have helped the sappers this year. Guessed to be in the 60's over the week end. Might get there in the city but probably not up here.

The appointment went well yesterday. The head of the office is in his early 80's. The woman I had was very knowledgeable. The spot that  blead is all healed up, I just have to be careful as the vein is very close to the surface.  She said the cream I have been using for years is to strong to use on my face. She said part of the problem is dandruff and I needed to wash my face with head and shoulders. She found a spot on one ear that I forgot about. She took a sample of it and another spot to have tested for cancer. I should know by the end of next week. I am not worried about either as they have been their for years and have not grown.

The trip in and back got scary a few times. Some woman talking on here phone kept comming across the line trying to side swipe me. She was driving a vehicle with advertizing all over it including a web site. Sadly I did not write it down as I can not remember it now or I would go on thier web site and tell them her driving is not good adverizing.

Eddie I think that a lot of our trout streams have been destroyed by the floods this winter. The high water moves a lot of sand and logs in streams. I had a hole that was 4 foot deep end up being only a foot after spring run off where I had a beaver trap set. I have fished our last Saturday in April opening in sleet and snow.

Capt Jim. You have to wait until the end of May to get the results of the test? That seems like a long time to wait for results.
It is good to here that Ellie is wanting to get out more.

MR Clean. the guys that work on the roads have no clue on how to do things right.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15417 on: Apr 04, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Very windy here today. My wife ended up going to work late today. In so much pain I couldn’t function. Hoping the surgery on Tuesday works.

Mr Clean, Towns for whatever reason don’t know how to repair roads.

Captain Jim, That’s good your wife wants to get out more. Hopefully you get your test results sooner.

Tom Turkey Hope you get good news.

Hunts2long, That’s a lot of maple syrup.

Ice Wanderer, I hope the surgery is successful. Prayers.

I hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the water. Prayers for everyone that is going thru tough times and everyone gets well soon.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15418 on: Apr 04, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I just got back from cutting my sisters maples. All went well and I made a God awful mess for them. They asked one of their neighbors if they wanted it for their outdoor stoves and they jumped on it. When I got up to my sisters she had a big plate of waffles, sausages, and strawberries waiting :flex:

The trees went well and when I got done it was time for lunch :whistle: Through out my childhood one of the staples we always ate was home made headcheese. I don't know if my Eastern friends eat it or know what it is, I am sure TT has had it. My sister brought out a pan of it and we pretty well did it in. We always eat it with vinegar, pepper, and a slice of home made bread for a chaser. What we had was made from a pigs head, hocks, tongue etc, it was excellent.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon. Thoughts and prayers for Jeff!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_cheese

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15419 on: Apr 04, 2019, 03:12 PM »
WS My mother got the bright idea and bought a half of a hog when I was in my teens. She thought we could cut it up. No way. We took it to the grocery store a block away to have them cut it up. If I had known how to bone it out I back then I would have boned it out. All the grocery store would have needed to do was make the sausage. The hams nd bacon would have been taken to another  butcher shop to be smoked the old fashioned way.

She got the bright idea to make head cheese. It did not turn out. They only head cheese I have ever had was store bought. That was a long time ago so I can not remember much about it.

When I was in high school the Latin class always had a banquet. I went to a local slaughter house and got a pigs head one year. We roasted it in the home ec. room. The girls in there were not thrilled seeing the pigs head. We had propped the mouth open so we could stick an apple in it after it was done. That is all I can remember about it as it has been over 50 years ago.

Are the neighbors going to get rid of the brush from the trees.  With out a chipper that is the worst part of taking down trees. I still have a brush to haul to the brush pile from the oaks we cut down last summer.

You mentioned Oak Wilt a while back. I have not had any on my property "yet'. A guy a little ways away lost some big oaks to it, leaving his house setting out in the open.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.