Author Topic: Carry bag for Vexilar  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
Carry bag for Vexilar
« on: Feb 08, 2019, 04:08 PM »
Bought this at Reedssport.com.
Works like a charm.
Just trying to help other fishermen

\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline spoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Carry bag for Vexilar
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2019, 04:09 PM »
I have that bag too and like it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Been using the Trophy Angler round electronics bag for several seasons ..I like it a lot a lil oversized so it not stressing the stitching.. I was a little concerned about the zippers ..but they have held up fine ..Vexilar in an Ultra case...room to spare for the Vexilar accessories two rod holders and the transducer arm. I put on some chap stick on all my zippers of my gear once a season.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline fishingfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2019, 11:53 PM »
I use a bowling ball bag.  I was never a bowler but my kids are.  The bag doesn't look like the old bowling ball bags I was use to as a kid.  It has a hard rubber bottom and has a large zipper open mouth and the vexilar fits in with plenty of room. It protects it while traveling, I remove it from the bag when I use it.

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2019, 01:06 AM »
How often does that front flap fall down, guessing its held by Velcro?
The reason I ask is because the actual Vex bag is set up like that and doesn't like to stay put...maybe it needs a larger piece of Velcro
who knows.
Thanks
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2019, 04:35 AM »
When I used one, I use to tuck it up in the carry strap.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:31 AM »
The bag has two openings. Both front and back.  The zippers unzip fromthe top both ways. Plus velcro flaps that hold it in place You can adjust how much you want it to open.

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Does this bag have the plastic shuttle in it or is it just the soft case? I am in the middle of turning my hummingbird into a flasher with an iceducer but the damn bag from hummingbird is $130 without the battery or ducer $205 with them i got the ice ducer for $60 plan on making my own from a few designs i seen online. This bag says fits most hummingbirds thats why i ask if it has the plastic shuttle, thanks
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Does this bag have the plastic shuttle in it or is it just the soft case? I am in the middle of turning my hummingbird into a flasher with an iceducer but the damn bag from hummingbird is $130 without the battery or ducer $205 with them i got the ice ducer for $60 plan on making my own from a few designs i seen online. This bag says fits most hummingbirds thats why i ask if it has the plastic shuttle, thanks

No just the bag .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Reedssport.com  has two bags. One square and one round. Check their site

Offline DBLK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2019, 11:11 AM »
Looking for a bag to carry garmin striker 4. Could someone post the height of bag or know if it would work.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Looking for a bag to carry garmin striker 4. Could someone post the height of bag or know if it would work.
the trophy angler round bag should work.better than a vexilar bag and cheaper.

Offline DBLK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2019, 11:59 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like the trophy bag is a winner.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like the trophy bag is a winner.

The Trophy Angler bag fits my Ultra Vexilar pack..with a little room to spare .

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Thought I would post this incase anyone else wanted to try their fishfinder with flasher on the ice.

I have a Vexilar pro pac so no need for a bag. I have a Garmin striker with contour mapping & flasher thought I try it ice fishing but I needed a case/bag to carry it in, found one at Walmart for $6 that works great.

It has a plastic tub insert which makes it sturdy not crushable. It holds all I need including the battery, don't know how the wet water transducer will work but have seen videos and seems ok if you keep the ducer level.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 16, 2019, 02:19 PM »

Sent you a PM about my post incase you didn't see it. Also you'll need a float if you use the wet water ducer, I use a pool noodle and a clothspin to clip onto the cable to adjust how far the ducer drops into water. The battery is smaller than my vexilar bat, used it all summer and it last 10hr+, its 2-6volts in series for 12volts taped together. I tried my larger 12v bat and all still fits. It has a top/front compartment. I like the tub insert, protect everything and will keep water out.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline DBLK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2019, 01:59 PM »
I like that setup and the price is perfect. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, now you have me thinking this through a bit more. I have a box setup from my old  eagle magna 3 that I used many years ago that still works fine and could possibly be renovated to fit a garmin. The striker 4 is for the grand kids to use so I'm trying to keep cost down and let them in on the joys of winter.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2019, 02:49 PM »
To get the plywood to stay up in the plastic tub cut it just to fit. The tub slightly narrow towards the bottom so making the wood just fit it will not fall down. The top compartment has a padded lid so I'll put the FF in that compartment instead of laying on the plywood.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.