Author Topic: where are you headed on the 1st?  (Read 1825 times)

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
where are you headed on the 1st?
« on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Like I said, I am headed north to the 3rd lake. Any other trout hunters out there gonna be on the ice on the 1st?

Offline TROUTDANCE

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: where are you headed on the 1st?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Hopefully Meredith Bay with the Bobhouse and a 4 wheeler
DEDICATION

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2007, 04:10 PM »
I've convinced my dad not to put our house off PinePoint on Winnisquam cuz of the Laconia water treatment there.  Lookin at some spots on Meredith Bay.  I don't know Newfound well enough to be there opening day.

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2007, 05:44 PM »
I will be heading to Silver Lake in Madison. Lake trout here I come!

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2007, 06:16 PM »
If I can get down to Cabelas to get a hand auger, I'll go somewhere on the 1st.  I've thought about going up to the third lake because there are some nice rainbows and lakers there.  I had good luck fishing there during the summer months, so maybe that would carry over.

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Hey man dont let not having an auger stop you from fishing, find someone to join on the ice! I know I dont mind company, sure you can find someone wherever you wanna go.

~Neal

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2007, 07:03 PM »
I just read your response in your other thread.  It sounds like there's plenty of ice in your neck of the woods.  I appreciate the offer.  I guess we'll see where I end up as the date approaches.  Where were you thinking about fishing, Neal?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2007, 07:08 PM »
I get off of work at 8am on Friday. Providing I do not have any late calls, I will be on the road pretty early.  When I get up there, I will not have cell phone service but you can give me a call and let me know if I should be expecting you.  3rd is a ton of fun if the lakers are active.  My business cell (guide business) is 603 620 4319.  Like I said in the PM, don't worry about getting your holes cut!

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2007, 07:09 PM »
I will be fishing a bay in Silver Lake in madison. (about 15 minutes outside of conway) Lake trout, rainbows, and some hefty pikerel. I will be there from ass crack of dawn till dusk, more then welcome to join. PM me if you wanna.

~Neal

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:20 PM »
In response to myself, I just found out through doing more research that the station in Laconia across the river from Martel's is a pumping station, and hasn't dumped into Winnisquam for years.  I went on the DES website for the Winni water shed and found all the info I needed.  http://www.des.state.nh.us/winni/
So maybe we'll be on Winnisquam after all on the 1st.

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2007, 08:35 PM »
I'm bumpin' this up to the top.  Pending Neal's ice report, I'll probably be fishing Silver Lake with him.  Anyone else got their plans sured up yet?

Offline chowdah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2007, 09:20 AM »
If I can get down to Cabelas to get a hand auger, I'll go somewhere on the 1st.  I've thought about going up to the third lake because there are some nice rainbows and lakers there.  I had good luck fishing there during the summer months, so maybe that would carry over.
Which hand auger are you travelin to Cabela's to get?

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2007, 10:44 AM »
I was going to get the Nils.  I'm having a hard time finding anyone local who sells them.  I checked LLBean, Kittery, Dick's, and even Wildlife Taxidermy.

Since I'm planning on meeting up with someone from here, I'm not going to bother spending the money right now if I don't have to. 

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:09 PM »
I'll be heading to Newfound.  I'm surprised that more of you guys aren't going as well.  I'll try and get over tomm. to chop some holes off Cummings Beach to check ice thickness.  It has been locked up for awhile there and should be good to go.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2007, 08:25 AM »
I don't think the ice is safe on Winnisquam off the park-n-ride.  I wanna call the New Martels to find out for sure.  Is there safe ice yet on Bow Lake in Stratford?(for Rainbows)  I too will most likely be fishing for Rainbow in Newfound come Tuesday.  It rained in Bristol again last night, but I see the two shantys that were put out this weekend are still there. :tipup: I heard that there is 6 inches where the two shanty's are off the Westshore boat launch. They are fishing in about 30' of water.
I'm either going to fish close to shore somewhere in Bristol bay, or out in front of the Inn of Newfound.  The ice changes to water somewhere in front of the Inn though.(I'll be ok though in waist deep water.) 
I just saw a snowmobiler hum across the center of Bristol bay on an A.C.580..  Idiot. I saw some open water in the center yesterday morning that locked up again.  Please be careful out there.  I know some of us are already getting cabin fever, but it's early yet.  VERY EARLY.
I know from swimming in Newfound in the summer, that most of the lake is cold, but once in the while you swim/hit a much warmer current.
just becuase it's 6 inches here, doesn't mean it's not only 2 inches 10 feet over.  If going out this early, please wear the safety gear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.