Author Topic: Utah Stocking Report  (Read 854 times)

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Utah Stocking Report
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Hey folks,
I pulled the 2017 fish stocking report for Utah into an Excel file that you can search using drop down menu's for body of water, species, size, date, etc...
If anyone is interested in the file, send me your email address in a PM and I'll forward it to you.

Thought it was interesting just what they stocked into Scofield this year...did you know they stocked Wiper and Tiger Muskie along with the normal cutts, rainbows, and tiger trout?

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Utah Stocking Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2018, 08:00 AM »
yes, it is the dwrs attempt to control the chub population. reading this years reports on scofield ice fishing... its already working.

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2018, 12:06 PM »
It will be interesting to see how well the tiger musky do! As they grow there should be no shortage of food for them in Scofield. Strange how few tiger trout are caught by anglers a few are picked up here and there, but not a lot seem to be caught. I Hope over time the size of the fish improves 8"-15" cutthroats have dominated Scofield for many years now. Maybe the fishery will improve over the next couple of years with the new management strategy!

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2018, 12:29 PM »
We'll see.  I'm still skeptical.  There was the perfect storm, so to speak, this year.  Thousands of chubs washed over the spillway earlier this year.  There is roughly 5 times as much water this year compared to the last few years.  And the muskies will eat some of the chubs.  They've put Cutthroats and Tiger Trout in there for over a decade without controlling the chubs.  With all of the room provided by the reservoir at full pool last summer all of the fish did well.  That means that the chubs did well too.  The bugs (the food chain for the smaller fish) did well also.  Maybe they got enough of a jump on the chubs, or maybe not.  Seven months after planting muskies is too soon to claim victory in a battle that has been waged for the last 17 years.

<{{{{{ °>
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.