Author Topic: Wierdest thing you have seen while icefishing  (Read 7641 times)

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wierdest thing you have seen while icefishing
« Reply #30 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Yes i did catch a 39 inch walleye
12.6 pounds

took 15 mins to get in..

impressive fish, any pics?
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline mcarolan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:45 PM »
I know the worst thing i've seen on the ice was watching my comfy chair disappearing into the distance after a gust of wind took it while I was otherwise engaged!

Offline walleyecrazyx22

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye.. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:56 PM »
it was actualy 33 inches..
got it confermed by a tape measure picture...
ill load it when i can find it!

Good fishing,

David
Walleye... Purely fantastic
Biggest to date: 12.6 pounds 33 inches[/u]
Calling lake, Alberta
Summer of 2006
Simply the best lake ive ever fished

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:44 PM »
this poor guy loosing his draws

Offline ULTRAlite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
« Reply #34 on: Mar 09, 2007, 02:33 AM »
Woman running bare ass on the ice beat that!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-S6gjOvIb8
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/cory_r_t/ablogo1xf11-1.gif[/img]     

VIDEO >> The 2010 Season Begins - EARLY ICE SESSION

Offline flyingknee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:25 PM »
Well, a few years ago, my buddy and I were fishing, definitely not catching, and this little guy came out of a hole behind us and started stealing bait from our minnow bucket.  I tried to pick him up, but no dice and almost lost a finger.  With Possumilk manning the disposable camera, I was making this mink do tricks for each minnow it got, and every time it would grab the minnow and run back to shore somewhere, his den I am guessing, and then come loping back out onto the ice.  Well I got a little carried away and decided how I could get this guy to get the best picture, and here it is...
(Image removed from quote.)

That is freakin' awesome,definitely a story no one would believe with out pictures.Nice job

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #36 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Cant find the picture , but someone sent me a picture of a guy icefishing and as he was catching perch he was feeding them to a bald eagle standing right beside him on the ice , that was pretty cool . I believe that it was somewere in the Finger Lakes but I am not sure ? Jigger :tipup: :tipup:
I actually gave some perch to an eagle about ten years ago at allegheny state park in ny.
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #37 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Well, a few years ago, my buddy and I were fishing, definitely not catching, and this little guy came out of a hole behind us and started stealing bait from our minnow bucket.  I tried to pick him up, but no dice and almost lost a finger.  With Possumilk manning the disposable camera, I was making this mink do tricks for each minnow it got, and every time it would grab the minnow and run back to shore somewhere, his den I am guessing, and then come loping back out onto the ice.  Well I got a little carried away and decided how I could get this guy to get the best picture, and here it is...
(Image removed from quote.)
your joking right that is unreal!!!Thats an honest to god wild mink????
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #38 on: Mar 09, 2007, 11:23 PM »

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #39 on: Mar 10, 2007, 10:33 AM »
your joking right that is unreal!!!Thats an honest to god wild mink????
Yes it is a wild mink...we were up on Upper Baker pond in New Hampshire fishing for Pike and not catching a dang thing when this guy was caught on camera...
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline TMBWarriors

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • walleye
« Reply #40 on: Mar 10, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Two things come to mind.We were fishing pike at eel bay in the 1000 islands it was a rough day of fishing due the the brown bottle flu that we all had from the day before.My buddy needed a drink of soda and he grabbed the wrong soda bottle the one he took a big chug from was the auger gas we laughed like crazy and still do today.   2nd wierdest thing i was in minnesota fishing mille lacs and had my portable shack all set up and it was great to be fishing the eye capital of the world and then i heard the loudest noise and it was coming fast and it was getting closer and the closer it got the louder it got.I just had to open the door to see what the heck was so loud and moving so fast.Then i saw it ,it was a wrecker truck with a v plow on the front and it was moving about 50 miles an hour and it was plowing snow like crazy.

Offline flyingknee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 10, 2007, 08:30 PM »
Some years back on Lake Wallenpaupack in NE Pa. a bunch of us were fishing and there was 2 or 3 inches of water on top of the ice both from melting and previous rain.I remember it was in March so it was near the end of the season.This idiot in one of the old style,full size Broncos,comes driving down the point and out onto the lake.He starts revving up and doing donuts throwing awesome rooster tails of water up in the air.Then he would get up speed,turn his wheel and go spinning in circles while sliding across the lake.He put on a nice show,we were all waiting for him to go through the ice.Next thing you know he comes driving over towards us.As luck would have it he drives right up to me,with his window down and says "hey buddy,how thick is the ice?"
i told him about 14 inches but it's not all good ice.One of his two passengers asks me nervously,"is it safe for us to be out here?".I said "if I were you I'd unfasten my seatbelt and keep one hand on the door handle".With that they took off,did a few more nice rooster tails and headed back up the point.

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #42 on: Mar 10, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Didnt even think of it until I saw the picture of the plane ! I ice fish on Lake George in NY quite a bit and during the entire month of Febuary they have what they call Winter Carnival .They have ice fishing derbies , outhouse races , snowmobile races , car races , hot air ballon rides , and they also have parachutists , all on the ice ! Well my buddie , who also happens to presently be from Tenessee is up for the weekend . Buddie is watching the sky divers , laying on his back , or maybe just happen to land that way when he fell down ! Afew of use are busy chatting and catching rockbass and such when all of a sudden  :sick: :sick: :sick:buddie is chumming up a storm  Huh ! As we find out , laying on back , watching skydivers jump out of planes , twirling around to land on the ice , for thirty or so minutes WILL make you seasick on the ice !!!!  ;) ;)
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 10, 2007, 10:10 PM »
Didnt even think of it until I saw the picture of the plane ! I ice fish on Lake George in NY quite a bit and during the entire month of Febuary they have what they call Winter Carnival .They have ice fishing derbies , outhouse races , snowmobile races , car races , hot air ballon rides , and they also have parachutists , all on the ice ! Well my buddie , who also happens to presently be from Tenessee is up for the weekend . Buddie is watching the sky divers , laying on his back , or maybe just happen to land that way when he fell down ! Afew of use are busy chatting and catching rockbass and such when all of a sudden  :sick: :sick: :sick:buddie is chumming up a storm  Huh ! As we find out , laying on back , watching skydivers jump out of planes , twirling around to land on the ice , for thirty or so minutes WILL make you seasick on the ice !!!!  ;) ;)

I like the rockbass part ;D
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 11, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Cant find the picture , but someone sent me a picture of a guy icefishing and as he was catching perch he was feeding them to a bald eagle standing right beside him on the ice , that was pretty cool . I believe that it was somewere in the Finger Lakes but I am not sure ? Jigger :tipup: :tipup:that is a true story it was in Scakitt lake in the Catskills(Image removed from quote.)

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2007, 02:35 PM »
Thanks Pike !!
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!

Offline CHICKENFOOT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Mar 11, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Cant find the picture , but someone sent me a picture of a guy icefishing and as he was catching perch he was feeding them to a bald eagle standing right beside him on the ice , that was pretty cool . I believe that it was somewere in the Finger Lakes but I am not sure ? Jigger :tipup: :tipup:

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #47 on: Mar 11, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Hey badger, you should throw up all of the mink pics to quell the doubters of it's authenticity.  I took the pic and can confirm it was a wild eastern mink that spent about two hours messing with our baitbucket and it got really brave and even climbed on badger's chest to grab a shiner.  It was never aggressive toward us and just seemed interested in stashing shiners in his hole in the bank.  strangest think on the ice and some of the coolest pics i have ever taken.
>))))))>

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #48 on: Mar 11, 2007, 07:07 PM »
That plane was on lake george. Kinda close to home for a fly-in trip, must have been city folk looking for a "wilderness" adventure. 8)

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 11, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Yeah , the planes were buzzin the king today also .

Offline Slammerman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's SLAMMIN' TIME !!!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 11, 2007, 10:46 PM »
This year - watched a guy "windsurf" his portable flip-up style shanty about 1/2 mile back to shore when he got done fishing.

Then again, today, Crazy Charlie had drug his canoe out to the edge of the ice (just in case) as he was fishing the open water for steelhead with his surf-fishing rods.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Offline hoogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Mar 11, 2007, 11:45 PM »
Thanks Pike !!
[/quote

Greetings gents, my first post on this awesome site. I am addicted.

Fished lake George on Saturday off of Million dollar Beach. 20" of hard ice and only one flag with 30 tip ups in between myself and my buddies.
At around 2 pm as we were contemplating the removal of our tip ups, when a guy on a snow mobile came shooting past us at about 60 mph and
hit a snow berm and took some serious air. He landed hard about 20-30 yards from his launch site and and as god is my witness, I thought his head popped of from the impact. The helmet flew off and according to his friend, this Knucklehead decided to not properly strap it on.  We rushed over to him to find him a bit shaken with a huge Gash on his head but relatively OK. We had a pickup on the ice and my friend drove him to shore where paramedics arrived within 10 minutes of the crash. (Impressive) I believe treatment was refused.

Another strange event was when myself and my friend AKA laker where fishing the King last year and one of those small planes was buzzing around above us. The Pilot decides to come down real close, swoops in parallel to us and bangs his wheels off the lake to show off.  Needless to say it seemed quite impressive at the time and we were fairly awed by the trick but in retrospect it's events like these that people get killed by being stupid.

Love to get out at least 2 more times before the ice melts see what else might happen.

Be safe fellow anglers!!

Hoogie

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #52 on: Mar 12, 2007, 11:48 AM »
Here are the rest of the mink pictures that possumilk took...like I said we had this wild mink doing tricks for our bait, and since we sure as spunk weren't cathing anything, we fed him for a long time before he took off.  The orange around the pictures is from when I scanned the pictures from a page in an album I have these in...in case the authenticity was questioned...yet again

LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 12, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Thats cool !!

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #54 on: Mar 12, 2007, 12:38 PM »
There it is folks!  Wild mink action ;D  Badger you rock.  good times
>))))))>

Offline ringtailedroarer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Mar 12, 2007, 02:15 PM »
HEY SNELLY! YOU GOT MY FLY ROD?

Offline putback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Mar 12, 2007, 08:05 PM »
The day the pressure crack came through. Dozens of people, absolute chaos, first you heard it, then you could see it in the distance comming right at you. Didn't matter where you were standing, it was coming at your spot. Just crashed by to shore harmlessly. Lotta stained shorts, and a lotta laughs afterwards.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.