Author Topic: Natures Call…unpleasant, but it should be said!  (Read 14914 times)

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
Re: Natures Call…unpleasant, but it should be said!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2007, 07:45 PM »
I was gonna say "it sucks to have it laying on the ice,so I have to stand." ;D

Dang Stumper, no wonder the sheep are scared  :P
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2007, 07:53 PM »
You got to go you go.  Sorry but you guys are nuts who fill up cans w/ piss.  Aim away from everyone and Just go. And if you think it is bad for the lake. The great environmentalist slogan "The solution to pollution is dilution."  Its only a drop in the bucket. It sounds like a bunch of you are living in the 50's.    

I think in Europe that the women hold it for the men while on the ice.  

Dropping heat is a whole other story,  that doesn't mix in or freeze in the ice.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Don't know where this "bunch of guys" you refer to are doing their Ice Fishing. 
But if you drop your zipper in MN during Ice Fishing Season, chances are the temp is gonna cause you to "come up a little shorter" than normal:pinch:

Define normal.  :woot: :whistle:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Dang Stumper, no wonder the sheep are scared  :P

Wow!! Stumpers reputation is growing. He's gonna have to reform and find a cute one. Stumper, ewe dawg ewe.  ;D ;D :D

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Taking a leak behind the shanty, hunting blind, garage, porch, or truck is a God Given RightTM.  If God wanted man to sit and wizz, then He wouldn't have given us this nifty faucet thingie.  My cousin's son was potty trained at the cabin by getting to water the plants outside.  And if the CO is giving tickets for yellow snow, wizz on the corner of the shack and say it was someone's lab coming for a visit.

Making dirt, on the other hand, where anyone can step on it is completely wrong.  I get hot when my neighbor's dog comes over to do his business in our yard, I wouldn't want to deal with someone doing paperwork on the ice.  Pack a shopping bag and pitch it in the can at the public launch, or toss it in a trash can at the gas station. 

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:27 PM »
No thanks. Especially when there's no snow on the ice; before I got done, the puddle would be soaking the knees of my Carhartts.   :-\

you dont have to worry about it if you play the wind

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 25, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Define normal.  :woot: :whistle:

if normal = what you have available at "room temperature"
then I'm pretty sure, for each of us, we have less than that available "out in the ice fishing elements"

BTW, normal does not = what Stumper is trying to imply
Which makes me just have to ask this question in challenge to his implications.
If his bragging has any truth to it at all, how can he go by THAT nickname?  ;)2
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #37 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:00 PM »
Same reason they call Big guys "tiny"

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #38 on: Feb 25, 2007, 10:51 PM »
I can't believe a bunch of outdoorsman have so many different views on taking a leak outside, get a life, no one is streaking across the ice exposing themselves to children and women. Myself and probably every other  icefisherman drink beer out there so I don't know about the rest of you but after 3 or 4 the snow don't turn yellow anymore, for me anyway, If you gotta go you gotta go,and as big as mine is you are probably not gonna see it from halfway across the lake anyway, and if I can see yours I'll get a hold of a couple cheap movie producers I know of maybe you could make a buck or 2.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2007, 07:18 AM »
My money says a large portion of the "small picture" evaporates long before the ice even melts.Your example of the big picture would not due to the volume dumped in one location at one time.I see what your trying to say,but its not a realistic comparison.

Offline bullgill

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gettin' jiggy with it
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:04 AM »
Like ive always said....6 inches of clothing......a 4 inch "minner"....and all you see is a stream coming from the clothing!!!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #41 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:08 AM »
i agree thats alot of pee...how does it compare to the amount left by swimmers in the summertime...im surprised the lakes are not just big urine puddles by now...go to shore when you can...try to hide when you can...either way its nature...if they can see me , they are most definately trying too hard

Offline bencrawf

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stop complaining and jig it!!
« Reply #42 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I am new to this sport, but that is awful. I haven't witnessed this but my gosh if you didn't plan ahead then hold it or go somewhere more private!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #43 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:35 AM »
What really bugs me is that all those ice cones out on thes lakes really spoil things for the waterskiers in July.  ;D

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 26, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Out on an open lake with no one near - I'll just let 'er go!  If people are closer - I'll kneel in the snow like some of you guys.  But I'll head for the bush if I'm closer to shore.  And I draw the line at pi**ing in my ice hole in the shanty, for that a coffee can is handy.  As for the other function - I always go to shore, or in a plastic bag.

In a boat - use your bailing bucket.

Hey - where do astronauts get those Depends-like thingies? :D :D
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline crappie_attitude

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta' have more cowbell
« Reply #45 on: Feb 26, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Here's a good thread I found on some comical stories about this topic.....reading some of these made me laugh so hard that it made me have to "go".  ;)

hxxp://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?t=438999

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #46 on: Feb 26, 2007, 12:09 PM »
I was gonna say "it sucks to have it laying on the ice,so I have to stand." ;D

Just don't drop the darned thing and  cause another pressure ridge, we have enough now.    :woot: :whistle:

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Feb 26, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Does the water have a biological "filter" of bacteria and single celled animals to deal with such problems? If not wouldn't the water become a giant cesspool of runoff? How do they treat raw municipal sewage before it is released into rivers? My home town releases all of its waste water and soooge into the Rum River. I would like to hear from someone who deals with municipal waste water on the subject. I thought that sunshine and natures microscopic helpers took care of it. ???

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 26, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Does the water have a biological "filter" of bacteria and single celled animals to deal with such problems? If not wouldn't the water become a giant cesspool of runoff? How do they treat raw municipal sewage before it is released into rivers? My home town releases all of its waste water and soooge into the Rum River. I would like to hear from someone who deals with municipal waste water on the subject. I thought that sunshine and natures microscopic helpers took care of it. ???
  The cities of Saginaw Mi and Grand Rapids and I don't know how many other cities over flow raw sewage every year after bad rain storms into their rivers and we won't bring up farm run off. So what is the big thing about a little yellow snow.

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 26, 2007, 03:48 PM »
  The cities of Saginaw Mi and Grand Rapids and I don't know how many other cities over flow raw sewage every year after bad rain storms into their rivers and we won't bring up farm run off. So what is the big thing about a little yellow snow.

most cities, towns etc. have overflow problems during bad rain storms because theyre storm drain runoff ties directly in with their sewer line for treatment... unless they have an up-to-date system with seperate facilities (and most places dont)
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Feb 26, 2007, 03:53 PM »
not to mention the camp owners that have straight pipes from their toilets and sinks directly out into the lake   granted I'm guilty of peeing on the lake   but actually got fed up with the boys (older) peeing on the side of the shack didn't like the frozen pee colored ice all around the shack    bought a toilet seat/cover for a 5 gal pail  some plastic bags and kitty litter in the bags    Now have a clean shack site pull the bag take it home dispose of in the trash  Enviormentally I'm sure a good lake can take care of it
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 26, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Man, talk about Fresh Red Meat! As I read through the replies from the thread I started yesterday I cannot say that I was surprised to the thinking on this subject.  I would like to offer an example here of why I think this way. Lets say that you fish Lake X most of the time and it is a very popular lake of 1200 acres. On any typical day during the winter you can go there or drive by and there is always at least 25 anglers enjoying the lake. You know this number to be steady throughout the day meaning those who fish the early morning leave around noon or so and are replaced by another group and again towards evening. We shall say a good 60 different people through the day. Now… let us know that the average human adult will output 1.5-2.5 liters of urine daily. So, we will say here for average sake 2 liters each per day. If we divide that by three times a day giving us the time that person is most likely on the ice that would be approx. 23 ounces per person let out on the lake. Now, 23 ounces x 60 people would equal= 1380 ounces or roughly 11 gallons of urine. Now using the benefit of the doubt let us cut that number in half assuming half of the Anglers carry their urine off the lake. That would leave 5.5 gallons deposited in or on the lake for that day. Now, if we multiply that by a seven-day week we have a total of 38.5 gallons of urine dumped in the lake. At the end of each month that number will be 154 gallons dumped in the lake. What I want to say here is this; these 154 gallons per month would fit in 3- 55-gallon drums. Think about this! If a guy was to collect this urine from those who do not carry it off the lake, and put it into drums, then on a specific day once a month drove to the middle of the lake X with the three 55gallon drums on a pick-up truck and started pouring it out into a hole or right on the ice I think anyone seeing this would be shocked, **censored**, outraged, you get the idea. Seeing those 3 - 55 gallon drums marked mixed human urine being dumped in your favorite lake X would enrage you. So I ask of you to please think of that as the Big Picture for the sake of this post. And remember, this deposit is made each and every month. Now on the other hand, most of us will not be there or witness the Big Picture, but we will notice from time to time the dribbles and drabbles of those who choose to let it be known that they must do what they must do and for those who do not like it, well… they can just look the other way. You know what I mean. For the sake of this post we will call these dribbles and drabbles the small picture. My question is this; if you viewed the Big Picture in progress, you or anyone for that matter who realized what was happening would more likely than not say something to the truck driver doing the dumping, or say something to someone of authority, or say something to someone! Yet in the small picture we remain silent. Why? The end result is the same. The 154 gallons will be there either way at the end of the month. The statement made of it is only a small amount each time and everybody does it really does not make any true sense if you really think about it. The sad part about this is this number will be much larger on some waters and smaller on others but it is happening each and everyday. We will continue to bring it off the lake and dispose of it in the sewer system where it belongs. In the spring, summer & fall we carry a 5-gallon chemical porta-potty in the boat and empty that at home in the sewer system when required also. When I started this topic Natures Call…unpleasant, but it should be said I wanted to do just that. I considerate it done and think no matter the thinking that some good will come from it. I sure hope so anyway. I also enjoyed the humor along the way and thank everyone for his or her replies. The fish have no choice and the water animals don’t know any better, but we should guard our jewels out there that give us so much pleasure and not contribute to turning them into sewers. I like to think while we fish that we are doing our best to keep it clean and that it will only get better, not worse. THX ;)

does everyone realize how insignificant 154 gallons is a month in a 1200 acre lake?  Even throughout the course of an entire year it would amount to roughly 1850 gallons of urine. A lake that size may very well have several hundred million gallons within it, or more.  It would be like putting one drop of food coloring into an olympic sized swimming pool and expecting the whole thing to turn.  That combined with the fact there there are natural microbes within the water and soil that will slowly break down the waste products.... its not really going to hurt the ecosystem.   The reason most states have laws regarding this is because of the principle of dumping (literally and not literally) into waterways
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:01 PM »
not to mention the camp owners that have straight pipes from their toilets and sinks directly out into the lake   granted I'm guilty of peeing on the lake   but actually got fed up with the boys (older) peeing on the side of the shack didn't like the frozen pee colored ice all around the shack    bought a toilet seat/cover for a 5 gal pail  some plastic bags and kitty litter in the bags    Now have a clean shack site pull the bag take it home dispose of in the trash  Enviormentally I'm sure a good lake can take care of it
If I had a hard side I would use your idea,it's a good one.  I do use about the same idea deer hunting only it doesn't go home.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:08 PM »
If I had a hard side I would use your idea,it's a good one.  I do use about the same idea deer hunting only it doesn't go home.
its' froze by then anyway

Offline Shrek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:15 PM »
All I have to say is WOW :D
Even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:45 PM »
This thread is getting me PO'ed and it's getting crapy. ;D
quit being so pis sy   lol :D

Offline putback

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:52 PM »
OK guys, and it is guys, this was fun but time for this thread to run down. Now whats the consensus on passing gas on the ice, especially with the global warming and all?

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:55 PM »
So if I reading this right, Ur ine a wee bit of trouble for writing your name in the ice? As for passing gas, keep the zipper on the snowsuit done up till your in your vehicle.  :sick:

Offline HomerJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 26, 2007, 05:27 PM »

does everyone realize how insignificant 154 gallons is a month in a 1200 acre lake?  Even throughout the course of an entire year it would amount to roughly 1850 gallons of urine. A lake that size may very well have several hundred million gallons within it, or more.  It would be like putting one drop of food coloring into an olympic sized swimming pool and expecting the whole thing to turn.  That combined with the fact there there are natural microbes within the water and soil that will slowly break down the waste products.... its not really going to hurt the ecosystem.   The reason most states have laws regarding this is because of the principle of dumping (literally and not literally) into waterways

Thank you man.  I cant believe this guy is saying that 154 gallons will harm the lake.  You are so right about the size of the lake. Like i said before 154 gallons is a drop in the bucket.  You could have the whole state of North Dakota piss in a 1200 acre lake and still not have it affect the ecosystem.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 26, 2007, 10:43 PM »
OK guys, and it is guys, this was fun but time for this thread to run down.

We . . . Wee . . . can't poo-poo this subject yet  :wacko:
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.