Author Topic: Tungsten Jig Assortment  (Read 12466 times)

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tungsten Jig Assortment
« Reply #60 on: Nov 27, 2016, 07:11 AM »
I prefer fiskas too, great jigs, I own roughly 30-40 of them ranging from 2.5mm-5mm. The only way the paint chips is if you bang em against rocks. Smooth, quality, hand painted and super strong sticky hooks.

Skandias aren't bad either but paint quality I would say their paint jobs are hit and miss with quality and sometimes they just look rough, fish don't care though.

I never liked clams tungsten jigs. Too gaudy and expensive for me. I don't care for chain jigs all that much either though.

Jigs and spins is a classic company with many great jigs that I never over look but fiskas seems to outbid them all for me with Skandia being a close second.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Nov 27, 2016, 03:47 PM »
Really? How long ago did you buy from them? stuff looks pretty nice was thinking about getting a few, but if the paint chips off that bad I'll pass........is it a case of not heat curing them?

Probably in 2010 I bought them and the blue gills suck the paint right off those jamming jigs .. no hemostats needed to damage them jigs ..

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #62 on: Nov 27, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Probably in 2010 I bought them and the blue gills suck the paint right off those jamming jigs .. no hemostats needed to damage them jigs ..

Really....well that was six years ago. Maybe they changed the process so they are more durrable. I hope they did they look really nice.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Nov 27, 2016, 03:54 PM »
they did they look really nice.

I though that my self but that's how it goes.. buy a few to try but for sure don't over do it..

Went and looked threw my box I got more Jamin jigs then any thing else they are good jig and good color to them might be cause I bought a few grab bags they may not have been up to par On a few of them...  But this was in some were. Around 2006 to now so can't really say  I did my some real inch bad dog beaded spoons for pan fish in size 14 the paint has not chipped of those or the others I bought in size 10 and 8..  maybe I banged the few i hsve tried aginst the dock and it chipped from the head shake of the big gills on that they took  or some thing along them lines..  but for sure get some they got some of the better prices and great coloration to them.compared to k&e stopper lures etc.. but any how I think it was a fluke they chipped lols..

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #64 on: Nov 27, 2016, 06:56 PM »
I just popped on a couple dozenish in asst'd sizes and colors. I'll be giving one or two a torture test and if paint is still suspect I have plenty of options for clear coating: epoxy, propionate or UV cure resin. Colors look awesome and the price point is decent. Worth a few minutes in the shop if I have to... Guy seems nice enough, wait time right now is "about a month".

I like to experiment. Busy hands are happy hands.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline bjacks50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Nov 28, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Anyone familiar with Quality Ice Jigs out of the Twin Cities? I found them on ebay and he seems to have very good prices in a variety of styles. I plan on purchasing a few here soon and Ill give them a run through and post my results.

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Dec 01, 2016, 07:16 PM »
There have been a lot of good companies mentioned here and I just wanted to shoutout to the guys at Kenders.  I placed an order and when they didn't have the size and color of a lure in stock that I asked about one of the guys took one from his personal jig box and sent it to me free with my order. That was awesome.  Great guys and the jigs are quality. They have sales a lot and also a couple different kit options with different colors and sizes. 
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 01, 2016, 08:19 PM »

I bought about a dozen each of the neon bobber frys and tiger jigs a couple years ago and haven't had an issue with the paint. Might get a chip occasionally, but no worse than my wolfram fiskas painted jigs.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Dec 02, 2016, 11:55 AM »
Anyone familiar with Quality Ice Jigs out of the Twin Cities? I found them on ebay and he seems to have very good prices in a variety of styles. I plan on purchasing a few here soon and Ill give them a run through and post my results.

These look a lot like Jammin jigs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.