Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 217853 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4560 on: Mar 25, 2024, 08:08 PM »
Good evening ,44 with clear sky as i type it has dropped below freezing the past two nights causing puddles left from Saturday's rain to freeze and become ice patches here at my complex. Once the sun has risen and temperatures start warming up the ice melts.
Ice Wanderer i was wondering if you received a similar snow fall total to Hunts2long. Smart of you to take this year off from snow plowing as you rehab your shoulder.
Hunts2longif the season is over better luck wished for you and your teammates next season to finish in first place. hopefully you and others are having fun each Sunday evening during the season.
Wallyworld glad you made it home safely. Thank you for answering my question about the hockey game.
Eddie best wished to your son's on their next trip to Salmon river. once you resume garden preparations may all of us in new York only see rain from storm systems and it be on the light side.
Old Goat sorry to hear the Badgers Men's Basketball and Women's hockey team are out of the NCAA tournament's.
Drifter did you get to your cabin this past weekend. if so may you have found everything in good shape and have no items/chores to add to this year's project list.
IFF may you get a period of calm and sunny weather so you can get out fishing. best wished to Linda on her trip home from Nashville.
Fish/hunt4ever may someone in an executive position read your comments in addition to the data reports and try some of your suggestions to prevent future problems.

Have a good night. best to all fishing this week.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4561 on: Mar 26, 2024, 05:50 AM »
22* and clear.

We do have one more week of bowling, Hi/Lo's the week after Easter, then the banquet on April 27th at the Raindancer in Amsterdam.

Took Scout down to the campsite for a walk yesterday, the water is up into the parking lot and the Life Guards cabin is in the water. Usually not like that until May. You "down" staters better start using some water so they can open the gates.

They changed the time on the wife's NYC appt. from 2:30pm to 10am this Thursday. I wasn't looking forward to the late afternoon drive home before the Easter weekend.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4562 on: Mar 26, 2024, 06:26 AM »

Good morning Doug, ER's,
                              It's 23* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                              H2l............I'm sorry t hear that you and your team didn't knock the first place team out. ::) But it's not that you just gave up. Good job taking
                   second place. :thumbsup: What is your preference of times for your wife's appointment? ???
                              Dave..........No cover for me, I use my truck for various things, so it would get in the way :whistle:
                              Eddie.........Sorry to read that the boys didn't land a fish, but it had to be exciting anyways. :clap:
                              Wally..........I see prices at the grocery stores keep going up again. :cookoo: :%$#!: And gas too. :blink:
                              Fish............Overti me...Ching ching. :thumbsup: :flex:
                              Steve.........Those icy spots can be hazardous when you're not watching out. :%$#!:
                              Bud............The wind is the worst when you are trying to fish. :%$#!:
                              I just heard about the bridge collapse in Baltimore, Tragic.
                              My friend that I was helping build his cabin had a hip replacement yesterday, he sent me a text last night that he feels like a new man. Also Jon
                   my ice fishing buddy had ankle surgery and is doing good.
                              I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4563 on: Mar 26, 2024, 07:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy start here this am, 31* with a high of 47 today. The recent snow took a good beating yesterday, seeing bare spots on the lawn again and lots of robins out pecking away at their breakfast.
  Thoughts and prayers with all those involved in the Francis Scott Key Bridge accident, so sad, what a tragedy!

Jeff….the boys had a good time each hooking up with a few steelhead. Guess the “ Old Man “ will have to go next trip and show them how to land a few!   ;D   Best wishes to your neighbor and Jon on their recoveries.   :thumbsup:
  H2…warmer temperatures and rain coming with all that new snow is going to bring a lot of water to the reservoir.  :o
  Steve…for now on, “ what happens in the garden stays in the garden! “  ;D
  Bud…hope you’re getting some better weather today, good luck with the fishing if you’re heading out!   :thumbsup:
  OG…I didn’t get in on the Brackets this time, missed out on it with my old crew. It will be interesting seeing how it plays out, I do like Purdue.
  Wally…X2 on Jeff’s reply, hope you found some decent deals yesterday.  :thumbsup:

Not a heck of a lot on the planner yet today. Have been craving some barbecued chicken so I will be firing up the grill today…some baked beans and potato salad, that should take care of lunch and dinner!  Cawfee’s still hot…. ;D
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4564 on: Mar 26, 2024, 08:00 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....the wind has not been very fishing friendly so far this year  :%$#!:

H2L.....can't even imagine dealing with rush hour traffic in the city  :wacko:

MrC.....that black ice sneaks up on you  :pinch:

IW.....it's getting harder and harder to stretch the dollar  >:(  best wishes to Jon and your neighbor for speedy recoveries  :)

Eddie.....after seeing all the steelhead at the hatchery I'm surprised your boys didn't have fish jumping into their arms  :roflmao:

Thoughts and prayers for those involved in the bridge collapse  :o  that is why I tend to hold my breath driving over water  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4565 on: Mar 26, 2024, 08:09 AM »
Well turned in the time sheet and the boss said that I should not work any more than 12 hours a day while at other sites, funny as he stated I do not care how much time it takes to get the data just make sure you follow company policy and not work over 1 16 hour day in the 2 week.  But all the OT the government side of the check will be greater than my cut for my bank account.  Maybe it will reduce the deficit, oh wait they will just put it in their bank account, sorry for the rant just sometimes when I work so much and get cut in the end it comes out when I am tired and still working.  Eddie the BBQ chicken sounds great the wife just got done making her Chipotle BBQ sauce, it has a little kick to it and we were having pulled sandwiches the night we left and I did not get any but the kids said it was great, then the wife said it was really good the next day.  I am hoping there is still sauce there when I get home to maybe get some more meat out and make me some.  The Expo went OK for the wife, said Friday night they made more per hour than Saturday but said the crowd was lower Saturday.  Well hopefully I am getting more than enough data for everyone and that it all passes and gets things going the right direction.  Have a great Teusday everyone be safe in the weather moving throughout the country.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4566 on: Mar 26, 2024, 10:01 AM »
Good morning ER’s.  The new conference was on the TV about the bridge, when I got up. The sounds of rain drops hitting metal roof sound like some might be hail.  So no plans on venturing off the porch today

???  Did the container ship loose steering control and hit the bridge  ??? Guess that hasn’t been determined yet.

Best to all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4567 on: Mar 26, 2024, 10:38 AM »
Just seen a video of the moments before the ship hit and it had to power outages.  The first power outage you can see lots of black smoke rolling out of the stacks like they are trying to get things back under control and lose power again and then regain it but it must have been too late and not enough time to correct the heading and bam the bridge comes down. 

I can hear it now as the captain yelling at the crew to get it back on or they are going to be screwed, I would hate to be in any of their shoes right now.  Sad ordeal.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4568 on: Mar 26, 2024, 02:08 PM »
Looks like Marv’s shack is getting more snow
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4569 on: Mar 26, 2024, 08:51 PM »
Steve
Yes got up Sunday and got the trail in and plowing done and went back yesterday with my buddy that's visiting from Ontario.
He helped me get some cleaning done, fix up some of the vapor barrier that came down when I had the leak and we got the broken pot lights fixed up.

Today we went on a little adventure up the ice road that goes to the diamond mines and drilled a few holes.
Fishing was decent. Landed a few but lost more. When we got back to the truck to load up we had a visit from one of the locals.
I fed him/her my left over ciscoes.   ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4570 on: Mar 26, 2024, 09:18 PM »
Good evening, cloudy sky with a high of fifty today. My prayer added to others said for the Baltimore bridge incident. Looking at updated news story it appears F/h4e is correct and the ship lost power and ability to steer shortly before striking the bridge. I have seen footage of earthquakes damaging bridges that seem to have less effect on the bridge.

Hunts2long thankyou for the information on your bowling league. My area will see higher water level in the Hudson river once dam gates on GSL are opened to lower it's water level. nice that your wife's appointment time was changed and you will avoided the afternoon traffic in NYC and South east NY. on your drive home.
Ice Wanderer best wished for Jon and your neighbor/friend on the recovery and rehab from their recent surgeries. May you be dug out from all the recent snow. just have to watch for it coming off of house roof.
Eddie may you be mobile enough to join your boy's on the next trip to the salmon river. If you are seeing robins they should also be in my area will have to keep a watch for them seen cardinals the past few days.
Wallyworld i try to stay alert of air temperature and road condition my SUV will have a message saying to drive with caution possible ice on roads when temperature is near or below freezing point.
IFF may the storm not have caused any problems for you today. Whopper Stopper like IFF saw that you are in for a mix of weather. safe journeys wished for you and the girls with any traveling.
Fish/hunt4ever seems to be the way of work world solve the problem but keep hours and cost to do so down. hopefully your company can find and hire more people qualified to do your job so you do not have to travel.
Drifter thank you for the reply and photos. glad you could get to the cabin and have a friend visiting who could help out with some minor projects. Congrats to the two of you on the fish caught .Be careful feeding the locals do not need to create problem wildlife who have no fear of humans and see them as a food source.

May everyone have a good Wednesday. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4571 on: Mar 27, 2024, 04:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 30* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                             Eddie............I hope you do go on the next trip with the boys, you've been denied fishing for way too long. :whistle:
                             Wally........... When I worked for a bridge company, I once saw a woman driving on the bridge stop every 50 feet or so and do the hail Mary. :cookoo:
                             Dave............Thank you for sharing the pictures, looks beautiful. :clap:
                             Bud..............Hopef ully the storm s will pas and you will be able to get out. :unsure:
                             Fish..............I've been in the same situation, the boss says get the job done as fast as you can but don't work overtime. :cookoo:
                             Steve............All the snow has slid off my roof, trouble is I tried snow blowing the front walkway but it was going to take me hours to do. so I
                   decided to let it melt. :blink: This morning I let the weather cat out through the basement and he tried coming up the front walkway, he kept sinking in. :roflmao:
                             There have been a lot of questions about the bridge collapse, some really far out scenarios. I just feel bad for the construction workers that were
                   working on the bridge.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4572 on: Mar 27, 2024, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....poor weather cat  :(   :roflmao:  stopping on a bridge isn't my idea of a good time  :pinch:

Drifter......beautiful fox, I'm sure he appreciated the meal  :thumbsup:

FH4.....take your time, do it right but hurry up and get it done ::) :wacko: :blink:

H2L.....safe travels tomorrow, hope the appointment goes well  :)

IFF.....fingers crossed your weather is better today  ???

Nothing much on the planner yet, we'll see what the day brings  @)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4573 on: Mar 27, 2024, 06:32 AM »
36* and cloudy.

Eddie, I guess you are going to have to go show the boys how it is done.

Mr. C, there isn't much room in the lake for any water, just a little under a foot before it goes over the spill-way.

Drifter, nice pictures.

WW, we spend a lot of time "stopped" on the bridge going into the city and we are on the lower level, almost like you are in a tunnel.

IW, not sure if there is a "best" time to hit the road. A few times it has been slow getting across the GWB going into NYC, coming out has been pretty good. Longest drive back home was Friday the 1st of July 2016, that was the day the wife had her transplant. Lindsay had come down to drive me home, took us 6 hours. Don't like being on the road heading North before a holiday weekend or in the dark. Like how you packed the snow in your truck, just don't bring it here.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4574 on: Mar 27, 2024, 08:36 PM »
 good evening, 46 with a light but steady rain falling as I type this post. I see two bodies were recovered from the site of bridge collapse in a truck which was on the bridge. Others vehicles have be located but are partly encased with concrete and steel from the bridge so to dangerous for divers to get to those vehicles. Besides the deaths ,there is figuring out how to reroute traffic which used the bridge and how to get cargo in and out of Baltimore harbor. Thankfully only two containers fell from the ship and they do not contain hazardous materials also no sign of fuel leakage from the ship.

A tree service from Northern New Jersey was here at my complex for part of the day i could here the wood chipper running. When they left for the day i noticed on of the truck had a small boom/crane mounted on it so need to explore and see what work was done. I wondered why some local tree service was not doing the work possibly none have the needed equipment to do the job. The company that manages my complex also manages other condominium and apartment complexes throughout the country so they might have a contract with this particular tree service.

Ice Wanderer good that you have other ways to enter/exit your home. It must have be fun watching the Weather Cat try to get through snow to your front door. Glad he is alright.
Wallyworld given the age of majority of the highways in this country one does wonder about conditions of bridges and if maintenance has been kept up on them over the years.
Hunts2long if it is also raining or snowing up in your section of NY. water may come over the dam on GSL . best wished for you with tomorrow's trip to NYC. May your wife get good report/reports from he doctor/doctors
 Fish/hunter4ever may you have a safe trip home tomorrow and not need to return to Tulsa (or wherever you are working) after Easter weekend.

Looks like the Northeast will see some rain or snow before this Easter weekend which is supposed to be nice for the majority of this region of the United States.
Keep healthy,stay safe. best wished to all fishing.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4575 on: Mar 28, 2024, 05:35 AM »

Good Morning ER's,
                         It's 38* and foggy here on my hill. ::)
                         H2l.............I just heard about a new toll rate for entering NYC. $15 during the day and $3.75 at night, they're trying to keep the congestion out
             of the city. :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: All I did was level the side rails off so it blow off going down the road. :blink:
                         Wally...........This weather is keeping outside activities to a minimum. :whistle:
                         Steve.......... That's the way of the world today, they get a better price staying with one company. :whistle:
                         Fish.............Safe travels home tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie...........Any plans on going up to the river on Saturday?  ???
                         Not much going on here, therapy appointment this morning.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4576 on: Mar 28, 2024, 06:41 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hoping the snow is OVER for this year now  :-\  we all need some "outdoor" weather  :)

H2L.....tunnels are WORSE than bridges  :pinch: :pinch:

FH4.....hope you have a relaxing weekend  ;)

Eddie.....opening day looks a little breezy but dry  :thumbsup:

MrC......good to get the trees trimmed before any of the dead/dying stuff causes damage  ;)2

Went to the Oneida Lake hatchery yesterday, they're almost done stripping walleye for this year already  :wacko:  usually it doesn't even start until early April  :wacko:  sure are some nice fish showing up in the nets, don't know where the big ones hide in the lake  :unsure:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4577 on: Mar 28, 2024, 07:59 AM »
Those are some neat pictures, looks like bait collection for some of the suckered out of that tank would be nice. Did not know there was that many different fish in the lake out there, but have never really looked into what species there are. That is  really cool seeing the sturgeon. There is a lot of nice walleye in those pins, hopefully the spawn is good and the lake keeps growing with the population of fish.

At the airport working on a report and just stopped to get a coffee and boarding should start in about 30 minutes. Check back in when I land in Denver. Have a great morning everyone.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4578 on: Mar 28, 2024, 06:42 PM »
Well made it home and worked on my trip report and getting data and everything sent out. Then had to help get a service call placed for the ICP to get some issues that I seen fixed. But nice to be home. The weather here has been windy this afternoon, hopefully tomorrow it will be better and I can maybe convince the wife to go out on the boat with me for a nice day out. Looks like most everyone is having a good time and I hope you all have a great good Friday. Have a good one everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4579 on: Mar 28, 2024, 08:56 PM »
Good evening, rain overnight into morning hours. Sky cloudy and looking like more rain would fall for most of today. Local newspaper had a story on if the Mario Cuomo bridge {Tappan Zee) could survive be struck by a cargo ship when the new bridge was built and named for a Former governor design has object around base of bridge support columns that are supposed to absorb impact from a collision and lessen damage to the bridge structure . depending on design of ship and how far a ship's deck overhangs its hull would play a role in collision.

Ice wanderer I'm not sure if they have started collecting the congestion toll being challenged in court believe the MTA hopes to have everything up and running by this June. It may help traffic volume in Manhattan but it is going to increase cost of items as the fee for trucks is $35 dollars during daytime hours this increased expense will get charged to us consumers. I agree when bids were put out for tree work companies may have said they could do work for lower cost if they received all of the jobs with-in so many miles of their home base.
Wallyworld after having a tree snap and land on power line this past July agree it is better to have trees trimmed to hopefully prevent problems. Thank you for the photos from hatchery.
Fish/hunt4ever glad you made it home safely. may your boss /bosses be happy with your reports and the service call for ICP unit get it running correctly. Best wished if you get out fishing tomorrow.
Hunts2long may all have gone well for your wife and you today hopefully did not have to pay the congestion fee toll.

May everyone have a good night and Friday.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4580 on: Mar 29, 2024, 05:18 AM »

Good, Good Friday morning ER's,
                              It's 31* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Wally..............Tha nk you for sharing the pictures from the hatchery. :clap: Have you been to the fish hatchery in Ostello, supposedly they produce
                   Tiger Muskie. When I caught my 40 incher they contacted me to see if they could put my picture on their "Bragging Wall". :unsure: Haven't heard of a ship
                   hitting a tunnel. :woot:
                              Fish................I'm glad that you made it home and got your paper work, maybe the boss will read it and understand why the overtime. :whistle:
                   I hope you can convince the wife to go fishing today. :unsure:
                              H2l.................I hope you had a good trip to and back from the city. :thumbsup:
                              Steve..............Tre es need to be trimmed to help decrease the problems of dead branches falling on power lines. :blink: I wonder after this major
                   bridge accident that they will beef up the bumper pilings around the piers. :unsure:
                              My therapist said yesterday that I was one of the longest running patients that they have had. I'm scheduled into late May.
                              I hope everyone had a good Good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4581 on: Mar 29, 2024, 05:34 AM »
35* and cloudy.

WW, I am sure the walleyes haven't even begun to think about spawning over here. Still some snow in the woods. Nice pictures, thanks.

IW, I believe we are paying $17 to get into the city, they let you out for FREE. It is too bad they are not charging to get into the US on the "southern" border.

The trip to the city went pretty good. Drive into and out was real good. The wife's lung function test has improved a little, lung x-ray is good. Will get results today of the blood work and the FLU/Covid test they did. They also want her to get a CT scan and ultrasound up here. After they see all that they "may" have her come back down there so they can do a "bronc"., that is when they put a scope into her lung to check things out. They did 3 or 4 of those in the 1st year after her transplant. Dr. Shah said she just wants to make sure that they are not missing anything, the wife just wants to feel better.

Not much planned for today, maybe go up and see how the Sugar House is doing.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4582 on: Mar 29, 2024, 06:59 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....tunnels bring out the old "buried alive" phobia  :pinch: :woot: they had a few small tiger muskies in one of their tanks, didn't even know Oneida had them  :blink:

H2L....hopefully the docs can get MrsH2 in tip top shape again sooner rather than later  ;)2

FH4.....Oneida lake has quite a variety of species, walleye and perch being the most targeted  :)

Eddie.....hope all is well in your neck of the woods  :)

MrC.....looks like another soaking along the east coast coming, fingers crossed there's no flooding issues  ::)

Took a ride to camp yesterday, all is good there  :thumbsup: 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4583 on: Mar 29, 2024, 08:07 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Off to appointment to get new glasses
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4584 on: Mar 29, 2024, 08:18 AM »
Good, Good Friday Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and 32* here this am, high of 45 forecasted. Most of the snow here has disappeared over the last few days, back to the muddy season again!  ;D

Wally…thanks for sharing the great pictures from the Walleye hatchery, I’m going to put that on the bucket list. Glad everything was good at hunting camp!!  :clap:  Is the bakery open today??
  H2…that was a good report on your wife’s appointment, best wishes/thoughts and prayers continued for her.  Glad you had safe travels to and from the City.   :clap:
  Jeff…I hope by late May your therapy sessions will be over with full use of your arm again!  :flex:  Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:  How’s the snow up your way, starting to disappear yet?
  Steve…see the media has wasted no time in claiming and trying to make this Francis Scott Key bridge tragedy into yet another racism/slavery issue, what a disgrace. Imagine it will be renamed also.  :cookoo: 
  FH4…glad you made back home safely and will be with the family for Easter!  Hope your observations and information sharing with the bosses helped, great job!   :clap:
  Dave…thanks for sharing your fishing trip and the great pictures, excellent job!!  :clap:  How are the ice roads holding up? Are they still running loads to and from the diamond mines?

Watched two of the Sweet Sixteen games last evening, wow, some amazing finishes!! It just doesn’t get any better than watching talented college athletes bringing their A-Game to the floor and battling their hearts out to the final second. Gotta love the March Madness, it has lived up to its name again so far with more to come!   :clap:
  Few errands to run this morning and a few trout streams to checkout ahead of Monday’s opener….Cawfee’s still on!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4585 on: Mar 29, 2024, 09:11 PM »
Good evening , 40 and windy outside at this time the sky was also getting cloudy as the sun set for the day. Wallyworld skip over this part of my post so you do not increase your worry when traveling over bridges. Article on my local newspaper's website about the condition of bridges across NY. state about 3 thousand are in bad shape with 1,660 of these bridges being in Westchester county. article said nation wide almost 41 thousand bridges in need of attention. I believe our nation's interstate system is between 50-60 years old the push and plans for it laid out by president Eisenhower as he saw the nations use of automobiles increase in the years following the Great Depression and World War Two . Locally my county's industrial development agency is now be over seen by a firm from Long Island per order issued by the state inspector general. A state senator from my county asked that action be taken after he and others question take breaks given to new and expanding businesses in the county back in 2022. The overseeing firm will report to the inspector general every six months. Current chairman of the Industrial development agency not happy but said the investigation will show the agency has done nothing wrong.
Ice Wanderer thank you i could not think of proper name for the protective devices put around bridge support pilings. ditto Eddie's words about your physical therapy.
hunt2long glad you got into and out of the city with no problems. may all of the reports be good when your wife receives them. when the CT scan and ultrasound are done and reviewed may they show no need for the Bronc to be preformed. you may already be aware of this you can apply for an exemption to or reduce rate on the NYC congestion tolls. The MTA board just approved i was correct that they will not go into effect until this June. the Current governor of NJ. i among those with lawsuits filed against the tolls.
Wallyworld i saw the weather reports of more rain and possible snow coming to the Northeast as we start the month of April. safe travel wished for the two of you if headed to MA. this weekend to celebrate Easter with your son and his family.
Eddie be me it seems to be a yearly occurrence get a period of nice weather followed by several days of rain fall brining in Mud season. Sadly it seems every major news story today has some type of spin but onto it by the news and social media.

May all who celebrate easter have a good and safe one. To the rest of you a good weekend is wished keep safe and stay healthy.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4586 on: Mar 30, 2024, 05:20 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 28* and and mostly cloudy but will clear later. ::)
                               Wally.............Did you ever see the movie "Daylight" , I guess it would reaffirm your fear of tunnels.  :whistle: But still tunnels are safer than bridges. :flex:
                               Eddie.............I don't know in your area but I think the water temperature up here is a little cold for opening day. :unsure: The media always has
                     to bring something in to make the stories last longer. :%$#!: The snow here is going pretty fast, we're in mud season again for the fourth time. :woot:
                               H2l................Is that the price going over the bridge to the city or the complete toll from here down? ???
                               Steve.............My two sons work for a bridge company and they tell me when they go to replace a bridge, that the condition of them are deplorable.:cookoo:
                     The state inspects them all the time and pick the worst ones to do first. :blink:
                               Bud................I hope you can see this morning. :roflmao:
                               I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4587 on: Mar 30, 2024, 06:19 AM »
33* and cloudy.

IW, that is just the bridge toll. With tolls, gas and parking it gets $$$$, we do save a little on food, we get something off the "value" menu! Sometimes we pack a sandwich.

We got a call from Dr. Shah, the wife tested positive for a different strain of Covid that they have seen in other lung transplant patients. I guess the meds are very expensive so they sent a "script" to the drug company that supplies one of the other meds she uses. We have a grant with them and they were over nighting the meds to us, should be here today. They are also putting everything else on hold for now.

Talked to my brother yesterday, he was collecting sap, they are going to boil today, he thinks it may be all over in a few days. Weather isn't looking good for sap to run.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4588 on: Mar 30, 2024, 10:16 AM »
Well it is snowing here today after a nice day yesterday. Hit the lake with the family yesterday, tried some harnesses and nothing then tried cranks and caught a trout. Then stopped and let everyone walk around a bit and the daughter and boy wanted the carp bows out since we seen a few carp around. Daughter shot at one the boy got distracted by crowded bodies. The wife and oldest daughter looked around and found a couple pretty rocks. Went back to trolling harnesses. Watch a boat jigging catch several walleye. Tried going down and around and nothing but when we reeled up to go the minnow was gone so missed one. Sounds like some others are having the same up and down weather as we are. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4589 on: Mar 30, 2024, 11:28 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  Strong winds howling here again today with gusts nearing 50mph. Sunshine and 35*, high in the low 40’s.

H2…hope the prescription has been delivered and does the magic for your wife, so many different variants of Covid now. Glad you are covered by the grant and your wife’s Doctor/staff are on the ball.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…agreed, the water temperature in the trout streams won’t be ideal and will definitely be cool on Monday’s opener. Checked 2 streams yesterday and both were running high and dirty…just about perfect “April Fools” conditions!  ;D 
  Steve…so many of our roads and bridges are in/have been in desperate need of repair for years. Like Jeff’s sons have said, my sons also confirm the deplorable conditions…sadly, things haven’t changed much since I worked on them 40 years ago.  :-\
   FH4…hope the snow stays on the low side! Congrats on avoiding the skunk yesterday, hope you can get dialed in those walleyes next trip.   :thumbsup:

Couple of more upsets yesterday in the Sweet Sixteen games. 11th ranked North Carolina State took out #2 Marquette and #4 Duke sent #1 Houston packing…on to the Elite 8 starting today!   :clap:
  Just getting ready to make a few dishes in advance for tomorrows meal. Seeing as how the family has so many things going on at different times, we’re doing an Easter breakfast/brunch/dinner. Will be starting at 9:30am, ham and all the fixings from noon on…should be interesting!   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.