Author Topic: Two Ottawa River fishing reports from this week...  (Read 1134 times)

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Two Ottawa River fishing reports from this week...
« on: Feb 03, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Jan 31, 2007
Fished a small shoal on the Ottawa last night in search of walleye. Action was pretty slow later on in the evening, most fish were caught around 4-5pm or so....We left around 7. Ended up with around 7 walleye and a small pike..Anthony caught his first walleye of the season a few more as well..Weekend looks good, so I am hoping to get back out  :) Nice to see Jackel out, I think he finished off with 8 or so   ??? Sorry, only a few bad pictures..tried another camera we had in the house...it will be the last time using it  ;) Batteries are crap   >:(

-Andrew

Feb 3, 2007
Fished Petrie again today hoping to get into a few walleye...I got down there around 10:30am, set-up and got into a few small fish immediatly..Not too long after Wallyboss strolled in on his 4wheeler and set up base over the shoal..The bite was really slow today. I managed 6 walleye/sauger and kept a few sauger around the pound, pound and a half range for a light snack   ;) ...Dan also caught a couple of walleye around the same size..He had a few on the stinger, don't know how he made out after I took off though..I left at 4:30 so I can get an early start tomorrow   ;)

The set-lines and tip-ups accounted for most of the walleye today although moving around from hole to hole looking for active fish worked well too..I didn't get to do much of that today as the wind was howling.

Couple of small sauger..

Beautiful day   :) Black fog moved in as I was about to leave..Strange  :-\ ;D

-Andrew

Good luck to everyone who is fishing tomorrow  8)
Andrew

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
Re: Two Ottawa River fishing reports from this week...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2007, 04:56 AM »
nice fish and i like the back ground on the bottom pic.
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2007, 07:05 AM »
Hey, I have been there before, nice place to catch a fish  ;)
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2007, 08:57 AM »
ahahhaha the black fog looks like its from donnie darko..... time travel anyone ??  ;D ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2007, 09:16 AM »
At least you are ableto get out it so cold here it is unbareable -46 with windchill. We have been in the freezor for 2 weeks ,so if you are out no matter how slow just think of your neighbors to the west! :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.